Mini or natural IVF which would you do?

Mini or natural IVF which would you do?

Jennifer
Jennifer

June 28th, 2012, 5:04 pm #1

So Dr Zhang wants to do Natural IVF, but Im oushing for mini to try and get at least 2 eggs, anyone have any suggestions as to which is better?

June 28th, 2012, 5:18 pm #2

1) your FSH is too high, and
2) you are too AMA (43+)

My clinic's excellent embryologist told me that from her experience, she doesn't see a distinctive pattern of the lead follicle (the only follicle in natural) producing the highest quality egg, it is all random. That is why if you do have more follicles, your chance of success is enhanced. But if you stim too much, the overall quality suffers. It is a fine balance you need to manage.

Alima also told me once that a lot of patients at New Hope on natural cycles have premature LH surge which is difficult to control so they ovulate prior to retrieval.

Jennifer
Jennifer

June 28th, 2012, 6:03 pm #3

Thats what I thought, why do I feel like Dr Zhang is pushing me toward natural when they havent even done my day 3 bloods? Am I imagining things?

Jamie
Jamie

June 28th, 2012, 8:46 pm #4

Just curious. To me, it's a no brainer to start with mini to see if you can get more eggs. If it doesn't work very well you can always go to natural for remaining cycles. If you only do natural then you'll never know if you could have gotten more.

Jennifer
Jennifer

June 29th, 2012, 3:18 pm #5

He just kept saying I suspect I cant convince you to do natural, and then the nurse called and said you are doing natural, right? And I was like NO! Why??

We'll see Im going in tomorrow for Day 2 Blood and U/s

Jamie
Jamie

June 30th, 2012, 12:03 am #6

Well, remember, YOU are the paying client and it is up to you. There is no harm to trying mini first so if that's what you want insist upon it.

I got more and more bold as I went through my four REs in terms of speaking up and insisting that the protocol would contain elements that would work for me, and I think it was helpful.

Wishing you the best!

Confirmation of reply: