Lupron after transfer

Lupron after transfer

Tripplebe
Tripplebe

November 15th, 2011, 3:21 am #1

What is the purpose of this? I've tried googling it and have come up with nothing. Does Check's office do this for everyone in the 2ww?

November 15th, 2011, 4:15 am #2

Never heard of it. How did ur retrival go?

Anon10
Anon10

November 15th, 2011, 12:51 pm #3

What is the purpose of this? I've tried googling it and have come up with nothing. Does Check's office do this for everyone in the 2ww?
It is unique to Check's luteal phase protocol. One dose of Lupron 3 days post ET is supposed to help with implantation. There is no harm to the embryo. It is a good thing. Good luck & keep us posted on how you make out!

Anon10
Anon10

November 15th, 2011, 12:53 pm #4

No it is not used for everyone. He uses it on a case by case basis.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 15th, 2011, 2:53 pm #5

using HCG after transfer? I have heard of many places doing this. Never heard of the lupron, maybe there is a new study that says it helps.

November 15th, 2011, 2:53 pm #6

No it is not used for everyone. He uses it on a case by case basis.
I've always had a good triphasic lining. My lining was at 11mm the day of retrievel.

Do you know what he looks for when making the decision to add it in? I do have stage iv endo. Wondering if that's why the call was made.

November 15th, 2011, 3:01 pm #7

Never heard of it. How did ur retrival go?
At my ultrasound the morning of I had a 24mm and 3 - 12mm. They were able only able to get 2. We don't expect the one to mature.

I opted for conscious sedation and that was bearable, but I did get kind of nauseous from the pain meds. I have problems with any kind of painkillers so it was no surprise. I spotted a little more then previous retrievels but nothing worrisome.

Just waiting for the fert report. Hoping my one and only is a rockstar.

November 15th, 2011, 3:44 pm #8

Yay! One battle over, might actually have a transfer! I've had a ER without a transfer in the past, so this actually feels like a milestone.

November 15th, 2011, 3:49 pm #9

using HCG after transfer? I have heard of many places doing this. Never heard of the lupron, maybe there is a new study that says it helps.
I found the publication listed on the CCIVF website(see below). I'm going to request the document. I'll let you know what I found out. But hey...I'll take a 10% increase anyday.

329. Peymer M, Check JH, Choe J, Nazari A: Higher pregnancy rates (PRs) following in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer (IVF-ET) with luteal phase leuprolide acetate (LA)/gonadotropin hyperstimulation regimen if serum estradiol (E2) increases by at least 10% the day after human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). In: In Vitro Fertilization and Assisted Reproduction, Proceedings of the 10th World Congress of In Vitro Fertilization and Assisted Reproduction. Eds: Gomel V, Leung PCK. Monduzzi Editore. Pgs 851-854, 1997.

November 15th, 2011, 3:53 pm #10

It is unique to Check's luteal phase protocol. One dose of Lupron 3 days post ET is supposed to help with implantation. There is no harm to the embryo. It is a good thing. Good luck & keep us posted on how you make out!
Thanks for the info. I've located the document on Check's website to get a little more information.

I used a very low dose lupron in the past at the start of an ivf cycle and by the third day I was in the emergency room with kidney stones. I don't have a history of kidney stone problems and neither has anyone in my family. Lupron scares me, but if it gets me a take home baby, I'll chance it.

Confirmation of reply: