looking for the best protocol

looking for the best protocol

anonfor now
anonfor now

March 11th, 2012, 6:23 am #1

Hi everyone
I know that I might be pulling at straws here but would like to try one last round of stims to try for OE.
I am in pof with fsh 33 and e2- 11 without hrt

what would be the best protocol for me to get at least a few ( I don't think I can get more than one- two eggs)

I have been taking high doses of coq10 and fish oil for the last 8 weeks.
I have access to sonograms and b/w so will not see an RE unless there is a folli that looks really good but I need the best protocol
I know that I will need estrogen priming but how much and how long
what is the best stims to use? how much for how long?

thanks ladies and btw I am 43

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

March 11th, 2012, 3:28 pm #2

What is your typical AFC and AMH if you know? n/t

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 11th, 2012, 5:03 pm #3

AFC- 3-4 tiny antrals never tested AMH

March 11th, 2012, 5:28 pm #4

I have more AFC than you, but I can never generate more eggs regardless of the dosage. However, when at extremely low dosage, I can retrieve half the number I retrieved at 450/150, and they are of better quality. My one conventional cycle can fund 5 cycles of low-stim.

I think your best shot is to use the amount of money you want to spend on a conventional IVF, and negotiate a 3-4 cycle package with a low-stim shop (there are quite a few choices on east coast). Make sure these clinics specialize in low stim but not one of those that does low stim on the side, and make sure they have gotten people of your age pregnant with OE before, on a regular basis (not just one data point in a few years). Typically, if you go high stim+ICSI, between the meds and the cycle itself you are looking at $15-18K if you pay out of pocket. This should be plenty to fund at least 3 cycles with low stim.

still anon sorry
still anon sorry

March 11th, 2012, 6:16 pm #5

thanks Mir
HOw long should the estrogen priming? And how many days approx should the low dose stim be?

March 11th, 2012, 6:27 pm #6

I don't know the protocols of all of them, but I don't think they do EPP. When your natural FSH is very high, they typically use BCP to bring it down, not EPP.

For injectables, the dose is usually 75-150 Follistim/Gonal-F every day or every other day, or 150 Menopur only on day 8 or day 10 + clomid every day. For clomid only, it is usually between 50mg to 100mg every day, or every other day, but it's up to the doctors.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 11th, 2012, 7:10 pm #7

thanks..........just curious why not the use of estinyl or estrace over bcp's?

Kim
Kim

March 11th, 2012, 11:49 pm #8

I also used ethinyl estradiol into my one cycle to keep my FSH on the low side for a few days into my cycle. I ended up doing well that cycle. I started out at 150iu and graduated up to 225 then 300 in the very end.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 12th, 2012, 11:24 am #9

thanks Kim

Kim
Kim

March 13th, 2012, 4:39 pm #10

Successful cycle (in that I got 5 and had a CP in the very least) I used 0.02mg ethinyl estradiol from day prior to AF through day 4 then stopped taking it myself since it was suppressing my follicles a little. I decided to wait to see my ultrasound that day 5 to see if I should keep taking the ethinyl. I had only 1 at 13mm on left and 2

Confirmation of reply: