Latest blood values (possible success ment.)

Latest blood values (possible success ment.)

March 29th, 2012, 1:15 pm #1

so... I went in again for testing, these are the results:

LH 5,90 IU/L 1,0 - 13,0 IU/L
FSH 4,60 IU/L 1,0 - 12,0 IU/L
E2 (Estradiol) 68,00 pg/ml > 15 pg/ml
Progesteron 11,00 ng/ml 0,1 - 150,0 ng/ml

so... I ovulated, right???? or else progesterone wouldn't have increased from 2 to 11, right?

estrogen went down, which is good - since 'normal'. and FSH is 4.6 - isn't that just the greatest news? all of this means my ovaries are working again, am I correct??

even though i missed it this month, at least my body seems to be working again. even though the doctor said it is never good once fsh was that high. it means your ovaries are at their limit, prognosis is BAD.

thanks, doc. i will not see him again! it is not necessary to rub it in again and again! i need to keep up hope, or else i may as well just forget about it.

tine

SillyPuppy
SillyPuppy

March 29th, 2012, 1:26 pm #2

those numbers are GREAT!

Why is he being so negative?

What did you do to get your values where they are NOW and what WERE they before?

So exciting!

March 29th, 2012, 3:14 pm #3

.. i did ..
hi silly pup,

i posted them below, but will summarize since my posts were all messed up.

I had normal cycles until November. Well, short ones of about 25 days, but still.. ovulations, cycles, periods. Then I had one long cycle of 47 days in Dec., that was the last one until now. Then in December I tested my AHM - below 0.8 or so! Panicked, went to RE. But.. was never able to start anything, because my period never showed up again, FSH rose from 9 to 18 to 28 to 40 within no time. LH was 40 as well. Estrogen and Prog. were below low. They told me it is over.
I was told to take the pill, to simulate a cycle at least, but didn't want to, because I read that that can really shut down your ovaries.
So I went to a homeopath who gave me Sepia C200 globules. Didn't really know if this works, so far no experience with homeopathy. And you can't tell right away. Then to an endo doc to get natural estrogen and progesterone, which he told me to take BOTH until I start menstruating. Which again I didn't believe, because I read everywhere that prog. will keep you from menstruating. So I started taking the estrogen, then added progesterone after a while, then stopped both. Sort of like a normal cycle and to build up endometr. at least. After a little more than a week, I menstruated. This was last Saturday, though, so the ovulation, which obviously(?) took place was extremely early. So maybe not everything is 'in place', but in my opinion MUCH better than before!

So, I'm starting to wonder if maybe homeopathy DOES work, since I took Pulsatilla last weekend, which (I found out too late) is more for ovulation and not overall fertility, which I heard/thought. And ovulation is what obviously happened.
I also take a small dose of Maca and Ubiquinol, but more for 'egg quality'. And I started eating more healthy food

So, homeopathy and a small dose of bio-identical hormones I think did the trick.. Without the hormones, I would have been stuck with no endometrium build-up, heat waves, and mood swings.

That doc of mine.. I don't know. He's an older guy and not very experimental. He said at least three times I should consider egg donation even after we told him we don't want to give up on our 'own' child so quickly. I had some appointments with his son - which I thought was rude since without comment they switched doctors. But he is young and MUCH more positive, so after all I should be glad and may stick with him.

I wonder now what will happen with this cycle because endom. is thin of course. I hope not another long cycle!

But this does show that SOMETHING is going on again, right???

Tine

March 29th, 2012, 5:47 pm #4

so... I went in again for testing, these are the results:

LH 5,90 IU/L 1,0 - 13,0 IU/L
FSH 4,60 IU/L 1,0 - 12,0 IU/L
E2 (Estradiol) 68,00 pg/ml > 15 pg/ml
Progesteron 11,00 ng/ml 0,1 - 150,0 ng/ml

so... I ovulated, right???? or else progesterone wouldn't have increased from 2 to 11, right?

estrogen went down, which is good - since 'normal'. and FSH is 4.6 - isn't that just the greatest news? all of this means my ovaries are working again, am I correct??

even though i missed it this month, at least my body seems to be working again. even though the doctor said it is never good once fsh was that high. it means your ovaries are at their limit, prognosis is BAD.

thanks, doc. i will not see him again! it is not necessary to rub it in again and again! i need to keep up hope, or else i may as well just forget about it.

tine
I am just so excited for you. Yes, your P4 shows that you did indeed ovulate. That is a great level for just after ovulation. It will likely be much higher at 7dpo. And your FSH and LH levels look wonderful, too.

I do not personally believe that your highest FSH is an indicator of a bad prognosis. I've seen successful pregnancies with crazy high FSH levels like 77 and 169.

March 29th, 2012, 6:19 pm #5

.. endometrium was only 6.8 mm - I'm not sure but it doesn't keep building up after ovulation, right? Only the three layers of the endiometrium are built by the progesterone..?
I took one shot of estradiol just to maybe help it build a little mor
But maybe I should quit interfering while everything is so good right now.
Of course we didn't BD (you said BD if you can, that now has a new meaning to me. I just COULDN't with all the hormone and follicle thoughts in my head. Great). So last time was Sunday. But IF o happened on Tuesday, MAYBE it was ok (my man's sperm isn't the fastest, though).

What about that tube permeability we checked with that liquid.. would that have washed sperm away or destroyed the egg?

Crazy questions, I know. For now I should be glad that my values are like this. Which I am.

I know this is a positive thing. I'm not going back to that doctor. EVERY time I'm completely depressed when I walk out his door.

The funny thing is: only a small follicle was seen on the side the ovulation must have ocurred on (left ovary - today there was a LARGE spot). Can small follicles jump, too? Even stranger: There is another LARGE spot on the right side - the one with the supposed cyst. And there are two or three other spots. The two large spots both look like they could be corpus luteums. Is there any way that an egg popped from EACH ovary? How can it be that on Monday none of those spots were there?? There was just that one small follicle on the left and one 13 mm spot on the right which I thought was the cyst. Because the damn cyst on the right side has been there since January.

I'm going to call the doc's son tomorrow. It can't be that noone knows what the spots are - follies, cysts, endometriosis was even mentioned. And it can't be that none of this was seen on Monday..
Right?

DEFINITELY though: high FSH can go down, things CAN get better!

Tine

March 29th, 2012, 6:52 pm #6

I am just so excited for you. Yes, your P4 shows that you did indeed ovulate. That is a great level for just after ovulation. It will likely be much higher at 7dpo. And your FSH and LH levels look wonderful, too.

I do not personally believe that your highest FSH is an indicator of a bad prognosis. I've seen successful pregnancies with crazy high FSH levels like 77 and 169.
.. thanks for the positive reactions. I think if I hadn't found this forum I would have fallen MUCH more for the bad prognoses of altogether 3 doctors!

Confirmation of reply: