LadyG
LadyG

May 9th, 2012, 5:19 pm #2

FSH: Highest 14.6, usually hovers between 11 - 14
AFC 6-8
AMH 0.4

DD born 12/08, surprise BFP
3 early m/c since DD was born
DH has balanced translocation, passed onto DD (discovered via amnio). She's fine but she will have issues TTC when the time comes we are told.

IVF # 1: 4 follies, 4 eggs, 1 fert normally, transferred 2 day 4 cell, BFN
IVF # 2:(CCRM) EPP with saizen, 11 follies, 3 eggs, 2 fert, no blasts, no transfer
IVF # 3: (CCRM)Testosterone Priming: 17 follies, 12 eggs, 7 fert, 7 embies in the dish! Will do CCS on any blasts.

BabyDance
BabyDance

May 9th, 2012, 5:49 pm #3

LadyG - what are your stats (FSH, AFC, ment) n/t
Lady G - congrats on such a great cycle. It seems like the protocol change was the answer, but did you do anything different with diet, supplements, exercise, alcohol, caffeine this cycle and your other cycles? Thanks, in advance.

Kim
Kim

May 9th, 2012, 6:00 pm #4

FSH: Highest 14.6, usually hovers between 11 - 14
AFC 6-8
AMH 0.4

DD born 12/08, surprise BFP
3 early m/c since DD was born
DH has balanced translocation, passed onto DD (discovered via amnio). She's fine but she will have issues TTC when the time comes we are told.

IVF # 1: 4 follies, 4 eggs, 1 fert normally, transferred 2 day 4 cell, BFN
IVF # 2:(CCRM) EPP with saizen, 11 follies, 3 eggs, 2 fert, no blasts, no transfer
IVF # 3: (CCRM)Testosterone Priming: 17 follies, 12 eggs, 7 fert, 7 embies in the dish! Will do CCS on any blasts.
Thanks for such clear info! Been debating whether to try the testosterone priming b/c it looks to prove wonders in embie counts. My RE was ok with trying the testosterone priming similar to your protocol but I chickened out. I go back and forth on whether it will help me out. Honestly, I think you would have done almost as well without the testosterone priming I think. It is such a hard call to decide what to do.

We will be using HGH this cycle, but not sure that does too much. Hmmm, thanks for sharing and will keep thinking about the testosterone priming. Did you think it helped you - or just the all around protocol where you used clomid and FSH combined, etc.?

LadyG
LadyG

May 9th, 2012, 6:05 pm #5

Lady G - congrats on such a great cycle. It seems like the protocol change was the answer, but did you do anything different with diet, supplements, exercise, alcohol, caffeine this cycle and your other cycles? Thanks, in advance.
Last october, based on my own research I started the following:

Ubiquinol 800mg/day
DHEA 75mg/day
L-Arginine - can't remember dose, maybe 1500/day
Inositol - can't remember dose ~1000/day
Wheatgrass frozen shot daily
Eliminated all diary, sugar and gluten (that sucked)

I was like a crazy person with all of these pills and dietary worries. When I was priming for my first cycle at CCRM I was told to stop all supplements. So I did. We got no blasts on that cycle (early Feb) and I was so fed up, I decided to screw it all and went back to eating and drinking whatever I liked, this included booze, caffeine, meat, dairy, wheat, sweets, everything. And this continued till my priming for this current cycle, the only thing I did cut was caffeine (I don't drink coffee, only tea, so this was easy) and alcohol. I ate everything else and I took no supplements.

I don't know if my previous changes from Oct - Jan really made any difference to this cycle. I'm willing to bet large sums it was the protocol - the testosterone priming which included clomid which I have never used before.

LadyG
LadyG

May 9th, 2012, 6:27 pm #6

Thanks for such clear info! Been debating whether to try the testosterone priming b/c it looks to prove wonders in embie counts. My RE was ok with trying the testosterone priming similar to your protocol but I chickened out. I go back and forth on whether it will help me out. Honestly, I think you would have done almost as well without the testosterone priming I think. It is such a hard call to decide what to do.

We will be using HGH this cycle, but not sure that does too much. Hmmm, thanks for sharing and will keep thinking about the testosterone priming. Did you think it helped you - or just the all around protocol where you used clomid and FSH combined, etc.?
the testost or the clomid (or both)- they were the only things that were new. the double trigger also helped with ER.

BabyDance
BabyDance

May 9th, 2012, 7:11 pm #7

Ubiquinol 800mg/day
DHEA 75mg/day

I was like a crazy person with all of these pills and dietary worries. When I was priming for my first cycle at CCRM I was told to stop all supplements. So I did. We got no blasts on that cycle (early Feb) and I was so fed up, I decided to screw it all and went back to eating and drinking whatever I liked, this included booze, caffeine, meat, dairy, wheat, sweets, everything. And this continued till my priming for this current cycle, the only thing I did cut was caffeine (I don't drink coffee, only tea, so this was easy) and alcohol. I ate everything else and I took no supplements.

I don't know if my previous changes from Oct - Jan really made any difference to this cycle. I'm willing to bet large sums it was the protocol - the testosterone priming which included clomid which I have never used before.
You were eating whatever you wanted and drinking up until the priming, after which you still ate what you wanted, but no alcohol or caffeine? It's clearly the protocol. Thanks, and good luck!

LadyG
LadyG

May 9th, 2012, 7:40 pm #8

you are correct!!

anne
anne

May 9th, 2012, 8:53 pm #9

Ubiquinol 800mg/day
DHEA 75mg/day

if all the dietary stuff really makes a dif. if you read about all the 'oops' pgs in over 40's i can guaran dam tee you they weren't following any dietary guidelines.

some of it made me feel better anyway but i don't know how much it really influences egg quality.

Kim
Kim

May 9th, 2012, 9:08 pm #10

on the food not mattering that much unless you eat junk food all the time....and wondering if it is just LadyG's good eggs too:) Protocols bring out the eggs but I just think her eggs are good. Last time she did not use enough trigger it sounds like too.

Also, cycles fluctuate each time, so sometimes it is the combo of a good batch of eggs cycle and a good protocol for that person.

Confirmation of reply: