lab results...any thoughts?

lab results...any thoughts?

anne
anne

April 28th, 2012, 2:47 pm #1

they took my bloods yesterday and i got the results this morning! fsh is 25.1 but it is day 5 and i knew my fsh was almost off the charts a couple months ago so it's to be expected i suppose for my age. estrodial is 102.2 so the patches are working.

freaky thing is reading the cbc; was kind of nervous about coming across something unexpected you know? there were a couple readings that were slightly off.

testosterone is medium low. don't know whether to keep taking dhea because my left ov gave a weird twinge last night. i don't think it could be a follicle growing because i'm not doing stimms, just estrogen patches and dhea. i hope its not a cyst. i got one of those before but that was at 50-75mg per day and i am only taking 25mg. sure wish i could find a place that would do ultrasounds so i could see what is going on down there!

anyway, think i will cut back to every other day for the dhea and see what happens.

any suggestions or thoughts? thanks!

Kim
Kim

April 30th, 2012, 8:19 pm #2

Have you thought about taking COQ10 instead of DHEA? I think the FSH at 25 is a good sign. So your E2 is 102 at day 5 - any change you are developing a follicle or two? Do you have to do stims to get follicles? I thought you could get one follicle each month even with higher FSH? Also, I'd see if you could get a quick u/s scan - but realize those are pricey! Would your gyno do the u/s for you? I still think you might have a follicle in there - just my feeling - even though you are using the patches.

anne
anne

April 30th, 2012, 8:36 pm #3

yah, i'm taking coq10, i've stopped the dhea though because of that strange twinge. yes, ovaries generally develop 1 follicle seen to maturity even without stims, and i am not doing stimms this time round.

no way to get a scan. my re won't do anything unless i agree to de. beyond that i won't pay his astromical fee for it. gyno won't okay it as i am in a smallish town and he doesn't do fertility.

i'm using patches becuase i don't make enough estrogen on my own for good development. many women are estrogen dominant, but i am not.

tomorrow i start the juice fast for 3 days. i'm already hungry!!!

thanks kim, how is your cycle coming along?

Kim
Kim

April 30th, 2012, 11:08 pm #4

Do you like juicing? We thought about taking the plunge and purchasing a juicer. I bet buying organic fruits and veggies for juicing could get costly though. We try eating organic as much as possible. Wondering if we scaled back to have small portions of juice, we would not really need that much fruit/veggies. Drinking more than 1-2 cups of juice per day would be all I would need I think? Would love to know more about the juice fast - any advice and why do you do it?

Cycle is going ok...have to start progesterone support here soon and then add in the estrogen patches this coming weekend so I can prime for my stim cycle next month. It will be our last stim cycle as we are both ready to relax and try naturally and move on at this point! Still hoping this cycle is a good one.

Will you try naturally this cycle? Enjoy your fast!

anne
anne

May 1st, 2012, 3:46 pm #5

hi,

well i can only say juicing is great, but make sure to check out the reviews before you purchase a juicer. i loved the juice i made last night but it took for.ever., the juicer made a lot of pulp so i'm going to spend a fortune on organic fruits/veg, and it doesn't do leafy greens and broccoli like it states in the directions that it should.

we are trying to detox. me for egg health and for both of us to lose a bit of weight. i'm about 10lb over what looks good.

i'm not sure when to apply estrogen patches before the next cycle; i mean, will it harm things if you did get pg on the current cycle?

i've got no choice but to do natural now as my re won't consider anything but de. that's what happens when you get old; no good doc will work with you. i've got a ton of patches, testosterone creme and a bit of stims and natural progesterone creme, so i'm doing my own protocol per se.

i'll let you know how it goes. good luck to you!

Kim
Kim

May 2nd, 2012, 1:21 am #6

I start estrogen patches 8 days after my surge - next Saturday I will start them - switching out every other day until the last patch I keep on for 5+ day (so through AF to day 4 of my cycle). Talked to my RE today to catch up on where I am at given he is headed out of town to lecture for 10 days. He said he was open to trying testosterone priming if I wanted to next cycle and then stim the following cycle. Nice to know he is open to options - so that is what I really like about him.

Seems like LadyG is doing well on it but I think she did well on a regular estrog.en prim.ing cycle before but had egg releasing issues. So difficult to make decisions and decided that maybe we just stick with what we were planning originally. So wish a natural cycle would have a sticky one - just my dreams:)

I think I need to juice some to get a few pounds off!!! Seems like I'm adding a couple back the last few days!

anne
anne

May 3rd, 2012, 3:09 am #7

okay girl i had to give it up. last night i drank a big ol' concoction and woke up at 4am so freaking sick to my stomach! i couldn't go to work and i'm still pretty weak. couldn't eat all day and tonight had a bowl of cream of wheat. starting to feel a bit better. won't be fasting tomorrow.

i don't know what happened but the thought of drinking any more juice makes me ill.

hubby drank the same thing. no side effects at all.

i can't bring myself to drink the juice i stored in the fridge.

Kim
Kim

May 3rd, 2012, 5:12 pm #8

I feel for you and hope you feel better soon. I'd chalk it up to timing - that your body was not ready to juice fast! Honestly there are days when I can eat a little food and be satisfied and feel good, and then there are days I eat so much and feel awful like I need to eat every minute.

Maybe try it again at another time? How many days did you manage at juice? Maybe the body is meant for real food after all!!! And I told my husband yes last night to getting a juicer-lol!!

Confirmation of reply: