just checking in to see how your testing went with the b.eer center and if you were able to get your consult with dr. st.ricker yet? i'm thinking of you and hoping things are going well...
More importantly, how are you and the little bean? Hope you are both doing well!!
Thanks for asking, and I have my appt. scheduled with Dr. Stri.cker this Friday. The one rep, Da.na, was so nice, as I explained our rush due to age and IVF, and she called me back on Monday to push up the appt. date to this Friday vs. 2 weeks from then due to a cancellation and given they rec'd all but one bw result.
She copied me on the bw results, but nothing really to earth shattering, but I am not an expert and noticed a couple of positives but not for MTHFR or anything (or so I think). I do have a very low t-cell count (think the report said 13 when the min. should be 50%) - so not sure is that is because of supplements (like taking fish oil or??)- do you know? Think I test positive for some kind of histone and a 4G allelle? I'm not a biology major or endocrinologist, so not sure what these are?
Also, my FSH on day 7 of my cycle was only 4.8 - seems low, no? My TSH was higher at 4.4 something. Based on these stats, concerned that I might be pumping out more than one follicle with loads of E2 with a low FSH and high TSH. My concern would be that my follicles may not be maturing sufficiently, etc. if low FSH is being split between more than one follicle? The only reason for higher TSH is higher E2 levels. I had my TSH levels checked on my own back when I was doing a low stim TI cycle at Dr. C office in Jan this year. I went on day that I had my E2 levels checked at 900+ and my TSH levels were high (at 4.5+) but I know this is b/c of the high E2 levels. I had my TSH re-checked by another lab at another time (think during the LP) and my TSH was only 2.2+. I'll have to ask Friday about the low FSH and higher TSH! I also read that FSH drops closer to O and I did surge about 2.5 days after this blood draw so maybe that is the reason for the low FSH?
Also, I convinced my DH to wait one more cycle, but it is so hard to wait out yet another cycle! I just want to hear what Dr. S has to say on the bw results before going into another cycle. Thankfully my cycles are short enough that I could start another cycle in late August if needed. I really wanted to line up Dr. S for TTC naturally too if the IVF stuff does not work out.
I will also ask Dr. S about testing positive for Strep B back in last Dec. I will see if he will prescribe the doxy and climycin (sp? - have it written down somewhere) for me and my DH. Did you have your DH take the same dosage as you and same antibiotics to get rid of the strep B? I read that the strep B comes back right away - like hours from when you stop taking the antibiotics since it hides in places in your body from the antibiotics - but I figure if you give it a good wallop, then it will not be so strong! What does Dr. S think of Strep B?? Thanks again for asking and sorry for the long post!