Is Progesterone in Ethyl Oleate as Effective as PIO in Sesame Oil? X-Post

Is Progesterone in Ethyl Oleate as Effective as PIO in Sesame Oil? X-Post

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

June 5th, 2012, 6:52 pm #1

Hi,

It seems that I am finding new things to obsess about these days. Anyway, I have always taken PIO in sesame oil. I do not have any allergic reactions and such to the PIO in sesame oil. Just the usual lumps and bruises. The nurse at my clinic suggested that I try Progesterone in Ethyl Oleate as it is easier to inject and people seem to have less issues with it. My question is this, is it just as effective as PIO in sesame oil? If it's not, I'd just assume stick with what I've always used. Have people had successful pregnancies with ethyl oleate? Were your P4 levels as good as they were with other forms of progesterone? Thanks.

lucy999
lucy999

June 5th, 2012, 8:49 pm #2

just that sesame oil gives bumps to most people. I have always taken most forms of P4, Oil, tabs, vaginal and no issues. Hope this helps. Are you cycling? Sending you baby dust and luck.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

June 5th, 2012, 9:22 pm #3

Thanks for your post. I was just really stressing that I would add something that is supposed to be better for me and screw myself in the end!! URGH- the angst never ends..does it? LOL I hope all is well with you. Anyway, yes, I will be doing a donor egg cycle in July. I'm very excited. Thanks for asking. Hope all is well and baby dust to you too!!

Mtoto2
Mtoto2

June 6th, 2012, 3:08 pm #4

Hi,

It seems that I am finding new things to obsess about these days. Anyway, I have always taken PIO in sesame oil. I do not have any allergic reactions and such to the PIO in sesame oil. Just the usual lumps and bruises. The nurse at my clinic suggested that I try Progesterone in Ethyl Oleate as it is easier to inject and people seem to have less issues with it. My question is this, is it just as effective as PIO in sesame oil? If it's not, I'd just assume stick with what I've always used. Have people had successful pregnancies with ethyl oleate? Were your P4 levels as good as they were with other forms of progesterone? Thanks.
supposed to be more tolerable. I used both in the past & definately preferred the ethyl oleate. Less bumps & less bruising. I asked the nurses why they ordered the sesame oil first & they said there are some insurance plans that won't pay for the ethyl oleate. I seem to think it was a little more expensive. Good luck

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

June 6th, 2012, 4:00 pm #5

Everyone seems to say the same thing. I am definitely going to try it. Good to hear that you didn't have problems with it.

lucy999
lucy999

June 6th, 2012, 11:04 pm #6

Thanks for your post. I was just really stressing that I would add something that is supposed to be better for me and screw myself in the end!! URGH- the angst never ends..does it? LOL I hope all is well with you. Anyway, yes, I will be doing a donor egg cycle in July. I'm very excited. Thanks for asking. Hope all is well and baby dust to you too!!
So thrilled and sending you lots of great vibes. I skipped cycling for a while too many personal issues. May cycle in July God willing. We could be cycle buddies.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

June 7th, 2012, 1:40 am #7

That would be great if we were cycle buddies!! May our July cycles bring us LOTS of luck!! FX!!

lucy999
lucy999

June 7th, 2012, 11:21 pm #8

good luck

Confirmation of reply: