Hoping to have a month of rejuvination (x-post)

Hoping to have a month of rejuvination (x-post)

September 18th, 2011, 9:52 pm #1

So I went in for CD 2 u/s this am only to find 2 10mm follicles already on my bad tube side ovary and just one tiny one less than 5 on the good side. In the past when this happens, the big ones fly up and the little one doesn't, so I have decided to not try this month and just hope for more antrals on the good side next month or at least no leads on the other side. I have my final vial of swimmers to use, so want to make it a good one. Any advice for things to do to help me regain my emotional and physical balance. I'm still feeling pretty blue about my co-workers pregnancy announcement, so I want to be good to myself so I can lift my mood and not dwell on what I don't have. I think I need to get back into an exercise routine and do my meditation CD's again. Just wanted to touch base.

xoxo, Tracy

BabyDance
BabyDance

September 18th, 2011, 10:58 pm #2

Sorry you are having a tough time. It is certainly understandable. I went to a seminar today and the speaker was great - but went on and on about her new baby, and her other three children, and then there was a lady with a newborn sitting 2 seats away from me, sitting there through the whole seminar. It was a bit annoying and hurtful. Sorry you have to deal with this at work.

I'd say focus your efforts on your next cycle, with your exercise routine, CD's and anything else you can do to get ready, supplements, etc. And make a lot of time with friends and things you like today to keep busy. And just keep focus on that next cycle.

Big Hugs, I hear ya!!!
XOXO BD

September 18th, 2011, 11:38 pm #3

It seems like babies are everywhere! I'm watching the Emmy pre-show and I swear almost everyone is talking about babies and kids! We can't escape it!

That was my thinking too about just keeping my eye on the next cycle and working toward that in terms of my eating, supplements, etc. Tonight I'm gonna order pizza though for my Emmy's viewing....then I'll be on track tomorrow. Appreciate the hugs.

xoxo, Tracy

Amy
Amy

September 19th, 2011, 3:07 am #4

do you listen to, Tracy? I have the Belleruth Naparstek, which I really like, but am open to other suggestions.

I totally understand how you feel. Today, I was just thinking that I'm so sick and tired of being on this IF rollercoaster, and just want to get off it for awhile, ie I want my life back. Even if I decide to move ahead w/another cycle, I've been feeling so negative and pessimistic these days that it seems that my overall mood would be detrimental.

I'm going to try to do the same...focus on things I can control, such as diet, exercise, meditating, and hopefully, I can get into a better state of mind before doing another cycle.

September 19th, 2011, 3:32 am #5

the Bellruth Naparstek one that I seem to have misplaced. I also have A Journey to the Heart...Meditations for a Fertile Soul. It is a Randine Lewis one. I also have the Circle + Bloom IVF/IUI cycle one. I like the Circle Bloom one, but it is waaay over priced. I got mine when they were offering a discount. You might check out the Randine Lewis one. I believe she has several. Her style is similar to the Bellruth Naparstek one.

Breaks can do us good. I've been trying to be more balanced. I'm doing football pools this year, which is kinda fun. I'm just trying to broaden my focus away from all that is ttc. Things that I can influence at least some degree of control over are just more fun! Around this time last year I studied for an exam for a certification I'm working toward and passed. I thought, wow! Payoff for trying hard. I need to study for my next exam, so I'm going to focus on that too.

Be good to yourself and do whatever you need to do to rejuvinate.

xoxo, Tracy

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

September 19th, 2011, 5:11 am #6

So I went in for CD 2 u/s this am only to find 2 10mm follicles already on my bad tube side ovary and just one tiny one less than 5 on the good side. In the past when this happens, the big ones fly up and the little one doesn't, so I have decided to not try this month and just hope for more antrals on the good side next month or at least no leads on the other side. I have my final vial of swimmers to use, so want to make it a good one. Any advice for things to do to help me regain my emotional and physical balance. I'm still feeling pretty blue about my co-workers pregnancy announcement, so I want to be good to myself so I can lift my mood and not dwell on what I don't have. I think I need to get back into an exercise routine and do my meditation CD's again. Just wanted to touch base.

xoxo, Tracy

I like the ideas above. I also have the CD's you mentioned and they are great. Other than what's already been mentioned, I would add perhaps a spa appt and to just be kind to yourself. I'm rooting for you!!

September 19th, 2011, 1:33 pm #7

xoxo, Tracy

I try and revel in all the things child-free people can do that you can't do with kids (especially if you're a single Mum) like long bubble baths (possibly with a glass of wine or bubbly while there), maybe a late movie or something swish to give you that "girl about town" vibe. Or just sleeping in and maybe meeting someone for brunch. Can you afford a sick day ? Where you play "truant" and spend the whole entire day cocooned at home watching TV or going for a massage or whatever makes you feel lovely....

I am also out for a few months-no money and a whole bunch of "your credit card was declined" letters from my regular direct debits......so I am there with you on wanting spend it getting your life back.....

I'm thinking of you hon x

Al

September 19th, 2011, 5:37 pm #8

I like the ideas above. I also have the CD's you mentioned and they are great. Other than what's already been mentioned, I would add perhaps a spa appt and to just be kind to yourself. I'm rooting for you!!
I was thinking about a massage. Also thinking about going to this fun dance class place that is a bit pricey, just to take a couple of clases. I find even if I only do half the class, I get a great workout without even realizing it.

xoxo, Tracy

September 19th, 2011, 5:38 pm #9

I try and revel in all the things child-free people can do that you can't do with kids (especially if you're a single Mum) like long bubble baths (possibly with a glass of wine or bubbly while there), maybe a late movie or something swish to give you that "girl about town" vibe. Or just sleeping in and maybe meeting someone for brunch. Can you afford a sick day ? Where you play "truant" and spend the whole entire day cocooned at home watching TV or going for a massage or whatever makes you feel lovely....

I am also out for a few months-no money and a whole bunch of "your credit card was declined" letters from my regular direct debits......so I am there with you on wanting spend it getting your life back.....

I'm thinking of you hon x

Al
Money is a factor on my end too. Trying to do cash only at this point! I love all your suggestions. Hope you do some of them too while you are on a break!

xoxo, Tracy

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

September 19th, 2011, 5:48 pm #10

xoxo, Tracy

I always feel better when I make time for myself for yoga and/or meditation. I hope you will be in a healthy place emotionally and physically next month to have a great cycle in October!

Confirmation of reply: