Hi Antonialisa (DE ment.)

Hi Antonialisa (DE ment.)

Jen
Jen

May 6th, 2012, 10:16 pm #1

Yes, it is me. Thank you for your concern. I am sorry I have not checked in. I lurk every day but, haven't felt like posting. I am having a tough time. I did stop the thyroid meds and I feel like my hair loss is not as bad. I had stopped the estinyl as well and my body rapidly went into menopause. My Tsh was good but having no estrogen was awful. I went back on estinyl but, have not ovulated. I think I should get my Tsh tested soon. I know that can cause you not to o. I am just worried about going back on levothyroxine.In addition to IF issues my Mother was sick and I may be close to losing my job. I also wonder if that stress is contributing to not O'ing. I am considering DHEA or testosterone protocol.I hope Spandorfer will still let me try it. I am getting closer to feeling okay with DE. I hope all is well with you.

Thanks,

jen

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

May 7th, 2012, 2:55 pm #2

I'm very happy to hear from you and I've wondered many times how you are doing. I'm very sorry you've been having a tough time. This journey is hellish and please know that you can lean on us for support anytime you need. Please do post updates if you feel like it. I hope your Mom is okay. What is going on with her, if it is not too intrusive?

DE is a very hard thing to move to and I've been feeling a lot of grief over the genetic loss. I am already raising 2 children my DH had with his ex (their "real Mommy") so that will make 3 children who will not be related to me and belong more to my DH and this is very painful. I also feel like a failure of a woman. But I am certain that I will be happier than I am now when I read the DE parenting board and see all the happy stories. DH and I are not quite there yet but getting closer.

I hope you don't mind my asking, but have you considered donor embryo in lieu of donor egg? I believe this is much cheaper than DE and I would do this if I did not have a DH who is already uncomfortable with DE. I see that lots of single women use DE instead of embryos and I was wondering why this is the case.

Confirmation of reply: