help with day 3 results

help with day 3 results

sophie
sophie

January 5th, 2012, 7:08 pm #1

Day 3 bloodwork results - fsh - 0.2 and estradiol - 114. I would very much appreciate any input on these bloodwork results. Thank you!

January 5th, 2012, 10:27 pm #2

but it looks like your somewhat highish e2 (I think they generally like to see it under 80?) may be artificially suppresing your FSH. Do you know if you have an early dominant (or possibly a cyst) which could be making your e2 slightly higher?

SMRC

January 5th, 2012, 10:27 pm #3

Day 3 bloodwork results - fsh - 0.2 and estradiol - 114. I would very much appreciate any input on these bloodwork results. Thank you!
a follicle already developing or a cyst with that Estrogen level. It is a tad high. Did they do an u/s?

xoxo, Tracy

January 5th, 2012, 10:27 pm #4

but it looks like your somewhat highish e2 (I think they generally like to see it under 80?) may be artificially suppresing your FSH. Do you know if you have an early dominant (or possibly a cyst) which could be making your e2 slightly higher?

SMRC
we posted the same thing at the same time. :o) nt.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

January 5th, 2012, 10:29 pm #5

Hi Sophie,

I am confused by your FSH #. I have never seen an FSH number less than 1 unless .2 is really a 2 for FSH. In either case, when you see a high day 3 estradiol number coupled with a low FSH #...that usually means that the FSH is really much higher and the high estradiol is really masking the true FSH number.

January 5th, 2012, 10:58 pm #6

we posted the same thing at the same time. :o) nt.
how much I have learned from you over the years SMRC

Tracy
Tracy

January 5th, 2012, 11:18 pm #7

I think Kiwichick was my main source for all I know. These boards really should count as credit towards some sort of medical certificate!

xoxo, Tracy

Sophie
Sophie

January 5th, 2012, 11:20 pm #8

a follicle already developing or a cyst with that Estrogen level. It is a tad high. Did they do an u/s?

xoxo, Tracy
Thank you Tracy and SMRC. I am actually posting for a good friend. No ultrasound was done as currently she has large fibroids which are blocking a decent view. Right now she is trying to decide route for removal of fibroids and trying to figure out if there is any fertility left as some docs are saying the fibroids are too big and removal with hysterectomy is the route to go but she really isn't ready to give up her uterus. Tough situation.

Sophie
Sophie

January 5th, 2012, 11:21 pm #9

Hi Sophie,

I am confused by your FSH #. I have never seen an FSH number less than 1 unless .2 is really a 2 for FSH. In either case, when you see a high day 3 estradiol number coupled with a low FSH #...that usually means that the FSH is really much higher and the high estradiol is really masking the true FSH number.
Yes, the bloodwork showed fsh serum to be 0.2. I have never seen it measured that low either. Thank you for your help!

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

January 6th, 2012, 12:16 am #10

I think Kiwichick was my main source for all I know. These boards really should count as credit towards some sort of medical certificate!

xoxo, Tracy
I have learned more from the women here than almost any Dr. The collective knowledge is AMAZING!! Some of the ladies here...could literally write a book.

Confirmation of reply: