Got my period early. What do you guys think?

Got my period early. What do you guys think?

BabyDance
BabyDance

October 9th, 2011, 1:02 pm #1

Now my period tracker says average period is 26 days. I figured out my luteal phase this month was 12 days. That's still ok, right? It's usually around 15 or 16. Freaks me out, but I guess it's still ok, and probably do to meds? Off I go to Day 2 BW and US tomorrow and start Femara.

October 9th, 2011, 2:19 pm #2

Sorry to hear that AF came early for you. Just wanted to let you know that a 12 day LP is still considered in the normal range - I believe anything from 11 and above is normal. Meds can definitely mess up your cycles, all depends on where your E2/P4 is.
Good luck with your b/w & u/s tomorrow!

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 9th, 2011, 2:36 pm #3

Now my period tracker says average period is 26 days. I figured out my luteal phase this month was 12 days. That's still ok, right? It's usually around 15 or 16. Freaks me out, but I guess it's still ok, and probably do to meds? Off I go to Day 2 BW and US tomorrow and start Femara.
With high FSH it is often the follicular phase that gets shorter making the cycle shorter. The eggs get "stimmed" quickly and mature too fast from the natural high FSH in perimenopause.

BabyDance
BabyDance

October 9th, 2011, 2:48 pm #4

Well, I know I was triggered this month on day 11, and retrieved on day 13. If I wasn't triggered, it would have gone a few more days until I ovulated naturally, I would think. who knows, different every month, but disconcerting to have 25 day cycle. Unusual to me, but sorry to be TMI - seems healthy in color, so that's good.

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 9th, 2011, 3:07 pm #5

Day 13 retrieval may be a few days earlier than your normal, making the cycle a few days shorter.

BD
BD

October 9th, 2011, 4:11 pm #6

But still shorter luteal phase then normal, but I guess you can't judge on an IVF cycle. Normally I ovulate close to 16/17. Thanks.

Confirmation of reply: