Freaking out - BFP Mentioned

Freaking out - BFP Mentioned

Liz Portland Or
Liz Portland Or

July 23rd, 2012, 1:18 pm #1

Hello ladies -
I have not posted on here in years.
I am 42 and pretty much gave up trying to conceive. I think my highest FSH tested was 15.8.

I realized I hadn't gotten my period in awhile and I went to the supermarket this weekend, bought a cheap store brand test - went to the store bathroom & the symbol for pregnant dissolved up.
A couple of hours later bought a more expensive test & + = pregnant. I am freaking out. It's funny I really never bought the home tests since I always worked w/ my infertility Dr & did Betas. Feels weird to do the "normal" test of peeing on a stick.

I am happy but extremely nervous - I wasn't even taking prenatals and I have had many a guava margarita lately.
And it is not the "best time". I lost my job last year in August - I had been there 11 years and I truly felt it was due to ageism - "out w/ the old in with the new & you can pay them a fraction". That was a real eye opener to me. I am at a new job however that experience made me realize the road ahead with career as we get older. Plus my Mom died 2 months ago and my younger & only sister was her caregiver - has fallen into a deep depression and I am completely consumed with her health & safety. She has battled depression before but between my mom, her stressful job - she's a home health RN nurse, no partner- she just started doing online dating & meeting horrible, disgusting guys she is very down & fragile... I am so worried about her - I can't sleep.

I know this all may seem somewhat trivial because I am very blessed w/ a "BFP" and I realize that. I am grateful.

I just feel like I am beyond nervous for many other reasons.
Thanks for hearing me out,
Liz

Kim
Kim

July 23rd, 2012, 1:42 pm #2

Hope you can manage to enjoy the moment that you have and will enjoy a H&H 8 or less months? Maybe your BFP is just a little ray of sunshine you need:) Try not to let everything overwhelm you. Your priority is the LO and yourself!

BabyDance
BabyDance

July 23rd, 2012, 2:23 pm #3

Hello ladies -
I am 42 and pretty much gave up trying to conceive. I think my highest FSH tested was 15.8.

I realized I hadn't gotten my period in awhile and I went to the supermarket this weekend, bought a cheap store brand test - went to the store bathroom & the symbol for pregnant dissolved up.
A couple of hours later bought a more expensive test & + = pregnant. I am freaking out. It's funny I really never bought the home tests since I always worked w/ my infertility Dr & did Betas. Feels weird to do the "normal" test of peeing on a stick.

I am happy but extremely nervous - I wasn't even taking prenatals and I have had many a guava margarita lately.
And it is not the "best time". I lost my job last year in August - I had been there 11 years and I truly felt it was due to ageism - "out w/ the old in with the new & you can pay them a fraction". That was a real eye opener to me. I am at a new job however that experience made me realize the road ahead with career as we get older. Plus my Mom died 2 months ago and my younger & only sister was her caregiver - has fallen into a deep depression and I am completely consumed with her health & safety. She has battled depression before but between my mom, her stressful job - she's a home health RN nurse, no partner- she just started doing online dating & meeting horrible, disgusting guys she is very down & fragile... I am so worried about her - I can't sleep.

I know this all may seem somewhat trivial because I am very blessed w/ a "BFP" and I realize that. I am grateful.

Liz
I started on here after you - and I've just finished TTC, but still lingering here.... First of all CONGRATS! Second of all - all of this other situation negatives going on in your life may overwhelm you now - but please - focus now on your BFP!! This is wonderful. I suggest you call your RE or OB ASAP and go get a beta and progesterone test in the next few days. You may need progesterone to maintain this pregnancy. I would like to see this is your mom watching over you!!! Your sister sounds like she may need so help from a psychiatrist/psychotherapist asap. Please come back and vent and get support everywhere you can. This is truly a miracle!!!!

July 23rd, 2012, 3:43 pm #4

Hello ladies -

Liz
I'm sorry to hear about your mom and sister. But the pregnancy is great news! Just take one day at a time. Pregnancy can be stressful and worrisome even if it is a very much wanted pregnancy. But the stress now doesn't mean you can't do it or won't be madly in love with the baby when he/she is actually here.

July 23rd, 2012, 3:45 pm #5

I started on here after you - and I've just finished TTC, but still lingering here.... First of all CONGRATS! Second of all - all of this other situation negatives going on in your life may overwhelm you now - but please - focus now on your BFP!! This is wonderful. I suggest you call your RE or OB ASAP and go get a beta and progesterone test in the next few days. You may need progesterone to maintain this pregnancy. I would like to see this is your mom watching over you!!! Your sister sounds like she may need so help from a psychiatrist/psychotherapist asap. Please come back and vent and get support everywhere you can. This is truly a miracle!!!!
You might need progesterone support.

Jen
Jen

July 23rd, 2012, 5:21 pm #6

Hello ladies -

Liz
I am sorry for everything going on. I am glad your sister has you to help her. Thank you for coming on here and posting. I am so happy for your bfp. Please, take care and hoping for a happy and healthy 9 months.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

July 24th, 2012, 1:55 am #7

Hello ladies -

Liz
Very exciting!! Thanks for sharing your good news and may you have a H & H pregnancy!!

July 24th, 2012, 3:52 am #8

Hello ladies -

Liz
Liz, take care of yourself, many of us are very invested in caring for our loved ones, but you need to be healthy and content yourself--you will not be able to be supportive to ur sister and others if you dont keep yourself healty. Put time and effort into Liz, and best wishes for a great pregnancy!!!

Suz44
Suz44

July 24th, 2012, 11:47 am #9

Hello ladies -

Liz
Hi Liz!

What wonderful news. I had my first unexpected BFP also at 42. Complete surprise. I was shocked and stunned and nervous...all of the above. I ended up all twisted in knots instead of embracing and and enjoying the moments I had. During that time I feel like I was so concerned about everything else around me and not ME. Once I did that, the weight was lifted I was over the moon. After it settled in and realized WOW what a miracle, sadly I MC'd. I had wished I knew this board then to get myself on Prog support right away. Do what you can to take care of yourself right now and put everything else aside...it will fall into place.

ZakiaZ
ZakiaZ

July 24th, 2012, 1:40 pm #10

Hello ladies -

Liz
Don't worry about all the stresses hun. Most of us have success during very, very stressful and difficult times. I know I did.

I'm sorry for your difficulties (loss of your mom and your sisters struggles) and just want to say hang in there and take some time to take care of you.

Congrats again,
Z.

Confirmation of reply: