first high on my ovulation monitor EVER!!

first high on my ovulation monitor EVER!!

anon for this
anon for this

May 29th, 2012, 9:19 pm #1

Hi Ladies
I recently posted- sorry for being anon- but too scared to write my name. I am 43 in pof for a very very long time. I was at ob/gyn for a reg checkup and did a scan on my ovary just for the heck of it and we saw a 11mm follie ( I think there was a second one there too) Anyways I am not seeing more cm (clear sticky kind) and I did a check on my monitor and for the First time ever in my life I got a high reading on the monitor - I don't want to get excited cuz it is such a long way off and of course my dh is sick and is not up to bd- but I did do bw to see what is actually cooking. I am on HRT but no stims and I am a bit petrified............the only changes I made in my supplements is Coq10 and fish oil (this is thanks to YOU ladies who put me on the track) for the past 6 months and got my thyroid in order- cuz it was like a pendulum.
I might put a call into C.heck tomorrow to seek advice but I never did well with stims so I am scared to do it now. The only thing I am thinking is a trigger shot............any advice is welcome.
Thanks- not holding my breath just yet but grateful for each step in the right direction..............

BabyDance
BabyDance

May 30th, 2012, 12:08 am #2

Use a trigger if you can, and you should BD when you see the high if no MF. You could get high's for a long time though, as soon as you see that peak, you have to BD a lot, no matter what DH says! I know how it feels to not have follicles, so to get one, you have to take full advantage. I found that drinking green tea a lot helped with CM. Get busy! Good luck!

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 30th, 2012, 4:29 am #3

I will do what I need to do to. I did feel a pain early this morning- not sure if ovulation or gas.......and I will prob do another U/S see what is cooking. Trying to stay calm and sane...........
and I will pray- not much more I can do
I spoke to DH about getting a trigger. he is a doc so we do have access

anne
anne

May 30th, 2012, 3:41 pm #4

Hi Ladies
I recently posted- sorry for being anon- but too scared to write my name. I am 43 in pof for a very very long time. I was at ob/gyn for a reg checkup and did a scan on my ovary just for the heck of it and we saw a 11mm follie ( I think there was a second one there too) Anyways I am not seeing more cm (clear sticky kind) and I did a check on my monitor and for the First time ever in my life I got a high reading on the monitor - I don't want to get excited cuz it is such a long way off and of course my dh is sick and is not up to bd- but I did do bw to see what is actually cooking. I am on HRT but no stims and I am a bit petrified............the only changes I made in my supplements is Coq10 and fish oil (this is thanks to YOU ladies who put me on the track) for the past 6 months and got my thyroid in order- cuz it was like a pendulum.
I might put a call into C.heck tomorrow to seek advice but I never did well with stims so I am scared to do it now. The only thing I am thinking is a trigger shot............any advice is welcome.
Thanks- not holding my breath just yet but grateful for each step in the right direction..............
start bd now. the sooner the better, you need to have those swimmer flooding the tubes. don't wait because it takes time and you only have 12 hours tops after the release and you don't know when that will be.

still anon
still anon

May 30th, 2012, 7:42 pm #5

Hi Ladies
Hi all I just got back my bw- e2 85.6 fsh 18 lh 19.8 progesterone doesn't seem like egg is mature jsut hope that I did not ovulate early. will go for US tomorrow.......nervous now
but for me- in pof - I never had these numbers so I am pretty amazed .........do you think I need cetrotide? was there a surge?? usually my lh numbers are around the same as the fsh numbers. this pof is sooo crazy

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 30th, 2012, 8:18 pm #6

Hi Ladies
Hi I did another cbfm and still on high but not peak- so I am assuming that I did not surge.......we just need to see if the follie grew or not on u/s

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 30th, 2012, 8:36 pm #7

start bd now. the sooner the better, you need to have those swimmer flooding the tubes. don't wait because it takes time and you only have 12 hours tops after the release and you don't know when that will be.
will get busy!!

BabyDance
BabyDance

May 31st, 2012, 2:31 pm #8

Hi I did another cbfm and still on high but not peak- so I am assuming that I did not surge.......we just need to see if the follie grew or not on u/s
this has happened to me, high's for 10 days, then a peak. I've stopped testing also, and realized it's better to keep testing because eventually, you will likely get a surge.

BroodyHen
BroodyHen

May 31st, 2012, 4:29 pm #9

i thought that an LH level around 20 means you ovulated. am i reading your post right that you are at 19.8? then maybe you already ovulated! i know for me, i have occasionally not gotten a peak reading on the CBEFM. i always use ovulation strip tests in the afternoon to make sure i don't miss the surge. hopefully you've been BDing to cover your bases! good luck!

Confirmation of reply: