femara, clomid, testosterone, and a tiny boost

May 17th, 2012, 10:51 pm #11

Yes, but the only other protocol I was ever on was super high stim, and lower stims were clearly the way to go for me. Since I never did Clomid, I really can't weigh in on the Clomid vs. Femara question. However, I've done Femara protocols for my past 3 cycles without incident (as far as anyone can tell at this point... I think my RE thinks the study linking Femara to possible birth defects is flawed, though I can't recall his exact words on the subject).

And, thank you! I'm still recovering from the retrieval--my bladder continues to be irritated and my baseline u/s yesterday was the worst it's ever been, so I think I will probably end up waiting ten weeks instead of six to let my body heal completely from this ER before cycling again.

Good luck to you with trying the Clomid (or Femara) if you decide to do it!

May 17th, 2012, 11:33 pm #12

right, i'm going to ask my RE if they think days on femara count as stim days.
do you think 75 follistim daily after the 5 days femara is reasonable? is that what you do after your clomid? oh, and do you need ganirelex on this protocol?
thank you!
On a typical Kato-style mini-IVF, it is about 50mg Clomid for ~13 days + no more than 3 Menopur shots @ 150IU each. I have seen New Hope doing 1 or 2 75IU Follistim shots on top of Menopur shots. The total Menopur IU is 450 or less.

So if you stim on injectables for about 8 days = 600IU, I'd say the dosage is about comparable for both protocols.

BroodyHen
BroodyHen

May 20th, 2012, 2:59 pm #13

Yes, but the only other protocol I was ever on was super high stim, and lower stims were clearly the way to go for me. Since I never did Clomid, I really can't weigh in on the Clomid vs. Femara question. However, I've done Femara protocols for my past 3 cycles without incident (as far as anyone can tell at this point... I think my RE thinks the study linking Femara to possible birth defects is flawed, though I can't recall his exact words on the subject).

And, thank you! I'm still recovering from the retrieval--my bladder continues to be irritated and my baseline u/s yesterday was the worst it's ever been, so I think I will probably end up waiting ten weeks instead of six to let my body heal completely from this ER before cycling again.

Good luck to you with trying the Clomid (or Femara) if you decide to do it!
thanks. i am trying femara this cycle so i'll report back on how it goes.

sorry to hear about your baseline. that is a drag. hopefully you'll enjoy your rest/break and come back with some juicy follicles... feel better!

BroodyHen
BroodyHen

May 20th, 2012, 3:00 pm #14

On a typical Kato-style mini-IVF, it is about 50mg Clomid for ~13 days + no more than 3 Menopur shots @ 150IU each. I have seen New Hope doing 1 or 2 75IU Follistim shots on top of Menopur shots. The total Menopur IU is 450 or less.

So if you stim on injectables for about 8 days = 600IU, I'd say the dosage is about comparable for both protocols.
that is what i'm doing - 75 follistim daily after 5 days of femara.
thank you!

Confirmation of reply: