Dr Check Adderall?

Dr Check Adderall?

June 21st, 2012, 3:13 pm #1

Hi Everyone,

I went to see Dr Check for the first time yesterday, it was just as I expected thanks to these boards. One thing that was interesting was he wanted me to take Adderall? Has anyone ever heard of this for infertility?

Sara Q (from the other board)
Sara Q (from the other board)

June 21st, 2012, 3:47 pm #2

....but I had a really, really difficult time getting ahold of it. (My insurance wouldn't cover the RX b/c they said I didn't have ADHD and since we live out of state, they wanted a in-state doctor to approve it, which my local RE wouldn't do.) I did end up getting some eventually though and tried to take it. He wanted me to take 40mg. The most I ever took was 10mg for a week - and it was the most anxiety, sleepless week I've had in a long, long time. So in the end I decided not to take it anymore and had a lap. (Which he didn't want me to do.) I didn't let them touch my ovaries though, and that's what he was worried about.

But that is just my experience. If you can stomach taking the medicine, I think he's seen some great successes on it though. Good luck!

Jainee
Jainee

June 21st, 2012, 4:51 pm #3

Hi Everyone,

I went to see Dr Check for the first time yesterday, it was just as I expected thanks to these boards. One thing that was interesting was he wanted me to take Adderall? Has anyone ever heard of this for infertility?
how would adderall help? thanks Jainee

Jennifer
Jennifer

June 21st, 2012, 6:48 pm #4

I dont know but i feel funny taking it, i actually do have ADHD but it seems weird to take an amphetamine.

I guess he thinks it prevents toxins from entering you r uterus? Im not sure but I think so.

alima
alima

June 22nd, 2012, 5:47 pm #5

Hi Everyone,

he is he only one using it for IF, but he has had some successes with it for recurrent miscar.riages. I am not sure how successful he is with implantation failure.

Jennifer
Jennifer

June 22nd, 2012, 7:54 pm #6

Interesting...I guess Ill try

Jennifer
Jennifer

June 25th, 2012, 2:47 pm #7

he is he only one using it for IF, but he has had some successes with it for recurrent miscar.riages. I am not sure how successful he is with implantation failure.
Hi So you used it? What did you think? how long did you use it for asnd when did you stop?

June 25th, 2012, 9:00 pm #8

you use it during the cycle that you are trying and stop if bfn. I think he prescribes the dosage based on your weight and it is a low dose. If you get bfp, you continue with it. It was OK, I didn't have too many symptoms on it, but it kept me energized and I didn't get as sleepy as I normally do with the progesterone.

Confirmation of reply: