Does anyone know of a clinic in Manhattan that takes insurance and will do IUI?

Does anyone know of a clinic in Manhattan that takes insurance and will do IUI?

BabyDance
BabyDance

March 13th, 2012, 4:31 pm #1

I have yet to find a doctor in this city that will do IUI with me. I am considering after my last IVF (this last cycle did not count towards my package), doing IUI for the duration. I think 8 IVF's without a chemical is enough. I'd really like to do natural IUI - go in day 10, monitor on my own. Good luck finding a doctor in this city to agree to this... anyone know of one?

Kim
Kim

March 13th, 2012, 4:40 pm #2

Ask Dr. Davis at Cornell

smrc
smrc

March 13th, 2012, 4:42 pm #3

I have yet to find a doctor in this city that will do IUI with me. I am considering after my last IVF (this last cycle did not count towards my package), doing IUI for the duration. I think 8 IVF's without a chemical is enough. I'd really like to do natural IUI - go in day 10, monitor on my own. Good luck finding a doctor in this city to agree to this... anyone know of one?
wouldn't C.ooper let you do natural IUIs (and you could get them done at Repro Lab?). I assume the hiccup is that Repro Lab does not take insurance...

I always got the sense that Dr. S. at C.ornell would let me do IUIs if I wanted and I have done at least 2 without any issue while my DH was traveling for work. I set them up directly with the front desk at C.ornell without really getting Dr.S's help (and in fact C.ooper was the one monitoring me). My insurance covered these.

Just a few thoughts.

smrc
smrc

March 13th, 2012, 4:42 pm #4

wouldn't C.ooper let you do natural IUIs (and you could get them done at Repro Lab?). I assume the hiccup is that Repro Lab does not take insurance...

I always got the sense that Dr. S. at C.ornell would let me do IUIs if I wanted and I have done at least 2 without any issue while my DH was traveling for work. I set them up directly with the front desk at C.ornell without really getting Dr.S's help (and in fact C.ooper was the one monitoring me). My insurance covered these.

Just a few thoughts.

BabyDance
BabyDance

March 13th, 2012, 4:52 pm #5

Just a few thoughts.
But I will keep this in mind, thanks to both of you. I don't want to do Repro because of insurance. I have IUI coverage, and it's not difficult stuff.. IUI, so I'd just like to pay my copay after spending 55,000 or so on IVF. It's actually very expensive there to do IUI and sperm storage. They tell you the IUI is 250, but then they push an ultrasound that day (another 150), and thawing the sperm is another cost.. I will have the cost of donor sperm, it's just enough.. if you know what I mean.. I wish Dr. T will do it, and I will ask again, but he really didn't want to do it for me before.. xoox BD

March 13th, 2012, 5:11 pm #6

is Dr. Sam.i David a possibility?

BabyDance
BabyDance

March 13th, 2012, 5:15 pm #7

600 just for the consult. I can only imagine what he'd charge for IUI. I do know someone who got pregnant with IUI with Dr. David. Young, of course, but after years of infertility.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

March 13th, 2012, 5:50 pm #8

I did an IUI at SIRM and they of course take insurance. I guess this is not an option for some reason?

BabyDance
BabyDance

March 13th, 2012, 5:59 pm #9

I will ask him again, but he didn't want to do it before. He said he's never had anyone over 41, the shell is too hard, and I just think he doesn't want to take the time or do it when he can be doing IVF. I would want to be able to do it month after month. I am going to ask him, but want another plan if he refuses.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

March 13th, 2012, 6:25 pm #10

New Hope or CHR? Also..many GYN's do IUI's..is it possible to look into having a GYN do this for you?

Confirmation of reply: