Kim
Kim

May 9th, 2012, 4:17 pm #5

All 7 embies are 8 cell with
Looking great at day 3...glad they did tell you!! n/t

LadyG
LadyG

May 9th, 2012, 5:39 pm #6

they only told us because we called them to discuss CCS and were trying to decide if we would still go ahead with it if we only had 1-2 blasts, vs. freezing and testing a bigger batch in a future cycle (which they will only do by frezing day 3 embies, then thawing them and letting them grow to blast with the embies from a future cycle). CCS is not cheap and we didn't fancy spending 7k lightly. So because the 7 are still growing on day 3, we hedged and agreed to biopsy whatever makes it to blast, so still might be only 1-2 embies in the end. If we had only had a few embies still growing today, we would have frozen them today and tested them in a future cycle. so many decisions.

Kim
Kim

May 9th, 2012, 6:04 pm #7

makes so much sense! I would be greedy and just transfer the whole lot at my age on day 3-lol!

So glad you made 7 to day 3!! Told you you'd be surprised!!

anet
anet

May 9th, 2012, 6:50 pm #8

they only told us because we called them to discuss CCS and were trying to decide if we would still go ahead with it if we only had 1-2 blasts, vs. freezing and testing a bigger batch in a future cycle (which they will only do by frezing day 3 embies, then thawing them and letting them grow to blast with the embies from a future cycle). CCS is not cheap and we didn't fancy spending 7k lightly. So because the 7 are still growing on day 3, we hedged and agreed to biopsy whatever makes it to blast, so still might be only 1-2 embies in the end. If we had only had a few embies still growing today, we would have frozen them today and tested them in a future cycle. so many decisions.
all my embr stoped growing till blasts, been perfect 8 cells at day 3. finally I did day 3 transfer, and had DS and DD

Jamie
Jamie

May 9th, 2012, 7:02 pm #9

all 7 are 8 cell with
Amazing! Perfect cell number! Yay, can't wait to hear more!

LadyG
LadyG

May 9th, 2012, 7:03 pm #10

all my embr stoped growing till blasts, been perfect 8 cells at day 3. finally I did day 3 transfer, and had DS and DD
about this. What was your age when you did the day 3 transfer and were they from the same cycle of different ones (did you freeze a bunch from the same cycle or were DD/DS from the same cycle, are they twins?)

Confirmation of reply: