CD46

CD46

July 20th, 2012, 3:10 pm #1

Was hoping to get my AF early this month since my previous period started on June 5th. Once AF was "supposed" to arrive early July, I was going to start on BCP again to get ready for an IVF cycle. Not sure what is going on but this is driving me crazy!

Here are some events that may be interesting:

1st week of May --> Trip to see family in NYC. Started taking DHEA 75 per day per my RE's recommendations.
May 12th-->First day of AF.
May 15th-->Went to see RE to prep for Hysteroscopy. Started BCP and must take it until run out of active pills.
May 17th-->Last day of AF. Switched from Synthroid 50 mg to Levoxyl 50 mg.
May 22nd-->Hysteroscopy and unblocked left fallopian tube
Last week of May-->Trip to NY again to visit family.
June 5th --> Started AF after finished BCP. Went to Europe for 5 days. Stressful trip. Didn't take another set of BCP after period b/c wanted to TTC naturally for June.
June 30th-->Trip to Asia to see in-laws for 2 weeks. Pretty stressful as I was staying over their house for the entire time. I had swollen breasts, felt nauseous, and was really tired. Did see some tiny, light pink spotting on TP around July 3rd. Thought I was getting my AF but still nothing.
July 12th-->Ran out of Levoxyl and switched back to Synthroid.

I don't know if it is the Levoxyl that was making me not get my period b/c I did feel a bit hyper while on it as I was taking an extra half pill a week like I did with Synthroid. I found that my eyes were a lot bigger almost like they had a surprised look all day. Another thing that could have screwed AF could be the DHEA I'm taking. My free testosterone level is closer to the upper middle range and I think my DHEA-S test was 152 with a range of(27-206). I always have extremely oily skin and acne and oily hair as a result of high levels of androgens my entire life though. The last thing I can think of is the stress from travelling during the month of May. Not sure. I don't have a BFP as I've tested 2x already.

My RE's office made me get a blood test 2 days ago and HCG is one of the tests. Still waiting on results.

Thanks for listening and would love to hear your experiences similar to mine. I'm scratching my head with no idea what is going on. My AF have been pretty regular this entire year.

anne
anne

July 28th, 2012, 7:46 am #2

stop taking the dhea, it's only to be used for low levels. it's effed me up several times; have you had a u/s lately? you might want to be checked for a cyst.

it's not something to take casually.

wanttwo
wanttwo

July 30th, 2012, 2:08 am #3

I finally got my period last Wednesday and went to RE's office for u/s on CD2. No cysts, although my OB/GYN saw a hazy cyst on the u/s back in April/May/June and thought it to be an endometrioma. Everything is fine. Not sure what caused my period to be delayed. Maybe I can take 50 DHEA per day instead?

Thank you for letting me know. I need to talk to RE about this.

Confirmation of reply: