CCRM, what is different?

CCRM, what is different?

Jennifer
Jennifer

June 25th, 2012, 3:05 pm #1

Hi All,

I just read that CCRM has a success rate of 40% for women 40-42, Why does New Hope have just 10%? is it really that much worse? I dont get it...can someone explain? SHould i blow the bank and go out to Colorado? I dont even think DH would agree to that Id have to take his frozen sperm..

ANy interpretation would be welcome

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 25th, 2012, 5:05 pm #2

CCRM cherry picks their patients and does mainly conventional IVF. So they are treating lower FSH, higher AMH, less DOR patients in general. New Hope will basically take anyone and does a lot of Mini IVF of which less eggs are obtained and there is a lower success rate.

Jennifer
Jennifer

June 25th, 2012, 5:10 pm #3

OK, thanks so New Hope is not necessarily that much worse.

June 25th, 2012, 5:16 pm #4

Hi All,

I just read that CCRM has a success rate of 40% for women 40-42, Why does New Hope have just 10%? is it really that much worse? I dont get it...can someone explain? SHould i blow the bank and go out to Colorado? I dont even think DH would agree to that Id have to take his frozen sperm..

Should give you your answer!
Me- 30
Day 3- FSH 10.4, E2 42; Day 10- 16.6; Possible endo, slight anti sperm antibodies
DH- 30, low Morph
TTC 23 Cycles
2 Cycles on Clomid- BFN
3 Cycles on Femara & IUI- BFN
Now- Natural plus antioxidants, Acu/Herbs till IVF when we're ready emotionally

Erin (from the other board)
Erin (from the other board)

June 25th, 2012, 6:02 pm #5

As someone who went there, I agree with the above and have learned to take stats with a grain of salt, especially since they are self-reported... They also do a lot of CCS testing, so much of what they transfer are day 5 normal blasts. Some people don't get to blasts in the lab (even CC.RM's, which again, take reputation with a grain of salt...) or end up with normals, so those people aren't included in the stats you're referring to. In terms of cherry-picking, at 32yo with an FSH of 18 I was immediately given a 10-15% chance of success there and encouraged to pursue DE. I was pretty much told I was hopeless after my one disastrous cycle there. Six months later, I am now 10wks pg from my 2nd cycle at Co.rnell. That's just my experience, you can find others as well. Wishing you luck, wherever you go!

June 25th, 2012, 7:39 pm #6

Hi All,

They have the best genetic testing program in the country, so if you are capable of producing lots of embryos, this is the place to go. They test CCS in house with least embryo disruption, and only put back the normal.

If you have a much less egg reserve, but a very fat wallet, still a good place to go. CCRM offers low-stim injectables now (just priced as conventional), and you can do many rounds to accumulate CCS normal embryos.

They have a refund program for those who qualify. I just saw from another forum that someone 41 was able to qualify for a 3-round $40K program and found success with twin pregnancy from two CCS normal blasts. But she was able to produce 20+ follicle at a time.

Jennifer
Jennifer

June 25th, 2012, 8:47 pm #7

OK, I produce 0 at worst and 4 has been my best but that was once, im a very poor responder.

anne
anne

June 25th, 2012, 9:27 pm #8

i'm there with you and it totally sucks.

Sara Q (from the other board)
Sara Q (from the other board)

June 25th, 2012, 9:30 pm #9

Should give you your answer!
I decided to go to CCRM after 3 IVF implantation failure. I chose it for its lab - I knew it was one of the best in the country. I usually produced 8-10 follies, I didn't think I needed to go to a place that did low stim b/c I was responding fine to the medicine. We also wanted to do CCS genetic testing. Oh, how I wish I had listened to the women on the high FHS board.....

In short, it was a disaster. Schoolie put me on a high stim testosterone protocol that made my testosterone level 2x that of a normal teenage boy. Then I had a lead follicle that they decided to "let go" to 33mm. Rather than cancel me, they suggested I go ahead b/c it "probably wasn't going to get any better than this." So we went ahead, got a bunch of immature eggs, but ended up with 7 embryos on day 3. They were very hopeful and told us we needed to go until day 5 with that many embryos. But between day 3 and 5 every single embryo died.

Their answer was that my "eggs were just bad" or "maybe fragile." Since then I've had 5+ REs tell me there's no way they should have continued with the cycle with that high of a testosterone level (leads to poor egg quality) and that big of a lead follicle (leads to immature eggs).

A year after wasting ALL of our insurance money on that ridiculous cycle, I am now heading to Ch.eck to do a low stim IVF. It may not work but at least it will not break us like the CCRM cycle did.

Good luck,
Sara Q

June 25th, 2012, 9:40 pm #10

OK, I produce 0 at worst and 4 has been my best but that was once, im a very poor responder.
go straight to mini-IVF, because it won't make a difference in your follicle #, and you will have better quality eggs.

Confirmation of reply: