@PhoebeMass

@PhoebeMass

Bea
Bea

May 15th, 2012, 11:47 pm #1

Phoebe,
I was wondering how your experience is with C.NY so far? Do you go to the Albany location? Is it tough being from out of town and going there?

Thanks!

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

May 16th, 2012, 1:06 am #2

I have done one cycle with CNY and it resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Then we took a month off to get my beta down to 0. And, last month, I was responding really slowly and then we had travel issues...I pulled the plug on myself. So, only 1 cycle so far. 2 to go.

I did a phone consult with Dr. Grossman out of the Latham/Albany office. I liked him. He understood my situation - age, FSH, and "Hail Mary" approach to the whole process. He understood that I am a poor responder and wanted to do low stim. He's been terrific. Low key guy. A bit aloof but will talk with you straight forward. He's better on the phone than in person. He's a bit of a "geek" but a likeable, scientist, sweet guy. I liked him and thought he was kind, compassionate, and, again, understood my approach.

He has a great assistant named Greta that I think is terrific. She responds well by email and morning/early afternoon calls. They have never missed a call back and are kind, patient, and explain things.

Greta happened to be on vacation during this last cycle that I pulled the plug on. I talked for a long time with the head nurse/assistant and she was amazing. We kind of made the decision together with thoughtful conversation.

Their offices in Latham are part fertility center, part spa. It's Lovely with a capital "L". They have easy access to hotels and restaurants and it is right off a major highway.

Does that help at all, Bea? Feel free to ask any other questions. Happy to help in any way.

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

May 16th, 2012, 1:10 am #3

Phoebe,
I was wondering how your experience is with C.NY so far? Do you go to the Albany location? Is it tough being from out of town and going there?

Thanks!
....they have a patient portal where all your results and paperwork reside. Just in case, I always print out my instructions to bring to my local RE's office for b/w and u/s. There was an issue one time so now I always bring the paperwork. But, after that initial time, there has never been an issue.

My local RE did not have an online portal for patients nor did New Hope when I tried to cycle there. It's nice to have.

Bea
Bea

May 16th, 2012, 1:56 am #4

Phoebe,
That's really helpful. I'm debating between different clinics now, in terms of making a last attempt w/OE. I assume Dr. C was okay with the switch? Did he have any feelings about their reputation?

Do you mind if I email you for the more mundane/trivial questions about travel, etc? Otherwise, I don't mind posting them here either.

Thanks!

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

May 16th, 2012, 2:04 am #5

ab0783@yahoo.com

If you don't mind, post on here if you send me an email. I rarely check it.

Bea
Bea

May 16th, 2012, 2:27 am #6

Thanks Phoebe!

I'll actually email you tonight just to get in contact. Thanks!

Confirmation of reply: