Anyone else gain alot of weight from ivf?

Anyone else gain alot of weight from ivf?

Bea
Bea

September 27th, 2011, 5:43 am #1

Not only did my ivf not work, but turns out I've gained 10 lbs since the cycle! Anyone else experience weight gain from the meds and how do you get it off? I've tried diet/exercise which usually works for me, but it's not coming off. Ugh!

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

September 27th, 2011, 5:54 pm #2

For some reason I gained almost 20lbs from my last fresh cycle and almost none from my first. The last one resulted in a m/c so I'm sure that added a few pounds...but still. My protocol calls for steroids so that could bethe culprit but no explaination for why I gained so much the second go-round. It really sucks...just adds insult to injury. I actually posted about this a few posts back and people had some suggestions for losing the weight..Atkins, gluten-free diet, etc. I've only lost 5 of those lbs!! URGH!! Good luck.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 27th, 2011, 7:37 pm #3

Not only did my ivf not work, but turns out I've gained 10 lbs since the cycle! Anyone else experience weight gain from the meds and how do you get it off? I've tried diet/exercise which usually works for me, but it's not coming off. Ugh!
Steroids are awful for weight gain, they make you so hungry, and it is "real" weight from overeating (not water weight), hard to lose steroid weight...progesterone is similar but not as extreme and that weight usually comes off once the drug stops, similar to PMS weight gain goes away when progesterone levels out. Estrogen causes water retention and that seems to resolve quickly too. I noticed weight got back to normal within a couple months without being on a diet or anything.

Another issue for over-40 women is weight gain, weight shifting to abdomen, and spare tire around belly that has nothing to do with cycling, just age unfortunately.

Confirmation of reply: