anyone cycling over 43yrs old

anyone cycling over 43yrs old

beetle
beetle

February 15th, 2012, 5:08 pm #1

I am wondering if I am a tiny minority....just wondering who's out there. Feeling a bit alone. My hypnotherapy lady said I am the average age of her clients. Yet I have yet to speak to someone actively doing IVF at my age.

xxxjane

beetle
beetle

February 15th, 2012, 5:11 pm #2

All my friends fall pregnant naturally just before turning 43, I congratulate them, but getting that crushed feeling inside.

February 15th, 2012, 6:33 pm #3

I am wondering if I am a tiny minority....just wondering who's out there. Feeling a bit alone. My hypnotherapy lady said I am the average age of her clients. Yet I have yet to speak to someone actively doing IVF at my age.

xxxjane
I'm usually on the pink DE pregnancy board but I look around on this board sometimes to see if I can answer anyone's questions.

I did two OE IVF high stim antagonist cycles when I was 43. I made it to transfer both times but sadly neither cycle worked. The second cycle ended in a chemical pregnancy. I then moved on to DE and am now pregnant.

I saw you were new on the board recently and were wondering about clinics. I saw you selected the Colorado clinic if I remember correctly. I am sure they are great and I wish you tons of luck. I would have suggested you also look at the clinic in Portland, OR as I hear great things about them.

There are some women who do OE IVF at age 43, so you are not alone. I'm not sure how many are on the board cycling right now though. I also have a friend that is 43 and got pregnant naturally by accident. So it does happen.
Last edited by Raindrops1 on February 15th, 2012, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B.
B.

February 15th, 2012, 8:20 pm #4

xxxjane
There is a woman named Pat Antliff who got pg. at age 44. She has a website that looks sort of over-polished right now - but I think that in the past I came across her info (I was not yet 40) and she seemed very low-tech and sincere. I didn't really remember this until right now but maybe she can provide some encouragement and stories of women ttc age 43 and over?

http://www.angelfire.com/moon/satie37/

anne
anne

February 15th, 2012, 9:39 pm #5

xxxjane
girl, i'm way over that. sometimes 43 is a magic no. persistance is key imo.

beetle
beetle

February 15th, 2012, 9:45 pm #6

your out there!!! thanks for responding. Love your attitude.

And to you others, thanks as well, will check out the website.

Jen
Jen

February 15th, 2012, 10:12 pm #7

xxxjane
I am 44 and started ttc at 42. I have only done IUI's. I did a few natural cycles at cornell and moved to injectables in many combinations. I do not have IVF coverage. I am now with C.heck waiting to cycle. I will continue as long as I can. I am single so just doing IUI's. I am continuing as long as my body will. I will move on to DE when I am ready.

Good Luck.

beetle
beetle

February 15th, 2012, 10:40 pm #8

I dont have coverage as well - and its sooooo expensive here in the States. But you know, I could have a better car, more shoes etc....the short term things.

Yvonne
Yvonne

February 15th, 2012, 10:55 pm #9

xxxjane
Not really cycling, as my RE fired me back in October.. but hoping to get pg naturally. I am taking some supplements, natural bio-identical progesterone and sub-lingual dhea... and hoping for the best.

I have only taken the injectibles once - but did not respond to them at all... Hence - i am hoping the gentler approach will be key. That said - I have a phone consult with Dr T coming up.

BTW... How are you finding hypnotherapy? Do you go often? and do you think it is helpful in terms of fertility?

ChickenLittle
ChickenLittle

February 15th, 2012, 11:06 pm #10

xxxjane
So, you're not alone! I know OE IVF is a waste of money for me, personally (money I don't have), so I'm not bothering. But I'm TTC just like you and many other 43+ ladies here.

Good luck!

Confirmation of reply: