any tips for extreme fatigue

any tips for extreme fatigue

March 1st, 2012, 5:50 pm #1

I have been extremely fatigued lately. I am not taking any new supplements or doing anything differently, but it is to the point where I could sleep 12 hours if I could get it. What could be wrong? I plan to get my thyroid tested tomorrow, so I'll see if there is something there. Anything else that could be going on? I have been feeling more depressed than usual, but I don't know if this is a symptom of being fatigued or if I am depressed and therefore more tired? I am trying to get exercise, but I don't know what else I could try.

March 1st, 2012, 6:57 pm #2

You could try cutting out bread carbs and sugar. Both of those make me sleepy. I am much more awake if I cut out all the processed foods and eat really healthy.

March 1st, 2012, 7:01 pm #3

I have been extremely fatigued lately. I am not taking any new supplements or doing anything differently, but it is to the point where I could sleep 12 hours if I could get it. What could be wrong? I plan to get my thyroid tested tomorrow, so I'll see if there is something there. Anything else that could be going on? I have been feeling more depressed than usual, but I don't know if this is a symptom of being fatigued or if I am depressed and therefore more tired? I am trying to get exercise, but I don't know what else I could try.
my husband had this problem, he could never get enough sleep. He now sleeps every night with a C-Pap machine and it helps him get more REM sleep. You should ask your doctor about it. I actually know quite a few people who sleep with C-Pap machines.

Jamie
Jamie

March 1st, 2012, 7:55 pm #4

My doc found 15 months ago that I was slightly anemic even though I was on prenatals. I was told to take an OTC supplement called SlowFe. Wow! I have been a vegetarian for 20 years and felt tired the entire time . . . now I feel so much better. Even though I get much less sleep than I ever did I have so much more energy. I think even slight anemia can make a big difference.

March 1st, 2012, 8:11 pm #5

Hi,
The SlowFe was not good for me .. (I had anemia and fatigue)
My naturopath recommended gentle iron to avoid the side effects from the slowFe which caused me dizziness and diarrhea
Adee

March 1st, 2012, 8:51 pm #6

All the above suggestions are really good....also, you might look into allergies/hay fever....I had that and got treated for it and its really helped me alot. I also have started daily rinsing with a neti-pot w/a saline & baking soda solution....awesome and I don't have to take antihistamines daily
Best to you!
bg

anne
anne

March 1st, 2012, 9:28 pm #7

always made me very very sleepy. if nothing else helps you might check it out.

bettygrace
bettygrace

March 1st, 2012, 10:19 pm #8

My doc found 15 months ago that I was slightly anemic even though I was on prenatals. I was told to take an OTC supplement called SlowFe. Wow! I have been a vegetarian for 20 years and felt tired the entire time . . . now I feel so much better. Even though I get much less sleep than I ever did I have so much more energy. I think even slight anemia can make a big difference.
Iron tablets have helped me too. Also a vegetarian. 200 mg recomended by my RE, in relation to tiredness and also to help prepare my body for potential pregnancy. Isnt it good for the lining too?
I think depression is part of it too, and chances are we're not sleeping well as a result.

Suz44
Suz44

March 2nd, 2012, 1:31 am #9

My accu has me on it for energy. You can get at Whole Foods.

March 2nd, 2012, 6:06 pm #10

I am anemic, and never thought about the connection of fatigue with low iron. I might need to get it tested just to make sure my iron stores are not too low.

I also haven't been taking Royal Jelly in a long time, but was taking it before. Maybe I need to go back on that. Good tip.

I am not familiar with the C-Pap machine - will have to look into that.

Lastly, I need to get back to eating healthier - I don't eat that much junk food, but I have slacked off a bit with the diet so I will try to eat better and see if that helps.

Thanks again for all the ideas/tips.

Confirmation of reply: