any advice?

any advice?

Jen
Jen

August 20th, 2011, 12:04 am #1

I had b/w and u/s today. Check nurse said I was ovulating but the follicle was only 15 and e2 117. I asked if I could still do IUI and she said "no, it is not mature." I searched online and women have posted bfp with that size. I know e2 should be higher. I wonder if I should call tomorrow and speak to an RE. I really hate that I only speak to nurses. Last month I did do iui with a 16.5 follicle and 122 e2. I hate this feeling of wasting any egg. Any thoughts?

Diane
Diane

August 20th, 2011, 12:21 am #2

mmmmm..from what I've read it's too small..too bad it could not stay and grow. How do they know you ovulated??

BabyDance
BabyDance

August 20th, 2011, 12:23 am #3

I had b/w and u/s today. Check nurse said I was ovulating but the follicle was only 15 and e2 117. I asked if I could still do IUI and she said "no, it is not mature." I searched online and women have posted bfp with that size. I know e2 should be higher. I wonder if I should call tomorrow and speak to an RE. I really hate that I only speak to nurses. Last month I did do iui with a 16.5 follicle and 122 e2. I hate this feeling of wasting any egg. Any thoughts?
I don't know your situation, but I guess they are trying to save you money. Call tomorrow and see if you can get more info and if you really want to do ask if you can, it's your money.

August 20th, 2011, 12:32 am #4

I think that 15 is on the smaller size, but there are different size and other thresholds for different docs and clinics. That said, im not sure there is clinical difference between a 16.5 and 15 mm follicle. Clinically, e2 of 117 is not different from e2 of 122. Just had a conversation about e2 levels with my RE, because I never get very high ones. He says some people produce more e2 than others, and this tends to be consistent. His threshold for e2 is usually 100 per mature.

It might be helpful to get your drs threshold for follicle size, e2 levels, what lh numbers thay consider surge, and all that stuff so you get a sense of how well your body is doing by their estimation, and if you are comfortable with there limits.

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 20th, 2011, 12:46 am #5

You can't compare to last cycle unless you know what you lh and p4 levels were at this same point last month. What were they today?

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 20th, 2011, 12:51 am #6

An antagonist like ganirelix or cetrotide, would that hold off the premature LH surge and let the follicle get more mature...the E2 does seem very low and follicle seems too small IMHO. Two more days of growth may make a big difference.

jen
jen

August 20th, 2011, 1:05 am #7

The nurse said I am surging. I was so stunned that I was not going to do the iui and I hardly heard my numbers. I think my lh was 70. I could be totally wrong. I think Check wants to see each follicl produce an e2 of 150-200. I am single, argh! I am almost ready to prowl the bars. Seriously, I am going to call tomorrow. I am in NYC so if they said, yes... it would take me 2 hrs to get there. I don't mind but, not sure if they would do it. I am just sort of tired of having my cycles being dictated by many different nurses. I almost feel if I had the same nurse as the last cycle I would be doing it. I also wonder if Check was even consulted.

August 20th, 2011, 1:29 am #8

Prior to this one? Do you know if your E2 was steadily increasing? Your follicle is on the smaller side and E2 is low so it may be a premature LH surge. I think you should try to get a bigger follicle with higher E2 before doing the IUI, and it may be that the nurses are trying to save you money.

BabyDance
BabyDance

August 20th, 2011, 1:30 am #9

The nurse said I am surging. I was so stunned that I was not going to do the iui and I hardly heard my numbers. I think my lh was 70. I could be totally wrong. I think Check wants to see each follicl produce an e2 of 150-200. I am single, argh! I am almost ready to prowl the bars. Seriously, I am going to call tomorrow. I am in NYC so if they said, yes... it would take me 2 hrs to get there. I don't mind but, not sure if they would do it. I am just sort of tired of having my cycles being dictated by many different nurses. I almost feel if I had the same nurse as the last cycle I would be doing it. I also wonder if Check was even consulted.
Can't you do your IUI here at Repro? By the way, they would do it for you, even if Check doesn't want you to do it. They would do it tomorrow morning if you can get hold of sperm.

Jen
Jen

August 20th, 2011, 1:45 am #10

Prior to this one? Do you know if your E2 was steadily increasing? Your follicle is on the smaller side and E2 is low so it may be a premature LH surge. I think you should try to get a bigger follicle with higher E2 before doing the IUI, and it may be that the nurses are trying to save you money.
I do think they are trying to save me money. Last month when I had a follicle at 16.5 they discouraged me because of money but, I went ahead anyway. My sperm is at cooper. I have sperm at Cornell as well. I really don't have the money to go to Repro and get sperm there. If Check won't do it I will wait. My e2 on Tuesday was 87. The follicle was 13.5. I am just frustrated. The nurse at Checks had me make an appointment to have another consult with him. This cycle I took estinyl but went off a week ago. I haven't taken any FSH drugs for a few months. I never o'd on them. Before taking them I did natural iui's and made follicles at 18. I do not know my e2 #'s back then. This is so damn confusing.

Confirmation of reply: