Another cyst - this is month #3 that I've been sidelined

Another cyst - this is month #3 that I've been sidelined

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

July 31st, 2012, 11:35 am #1

Soooo frustrating. The only change is that I tried clomid 3 months ago. I have never dealt with cyst issues before.

Kim
Kim

July 31st, 2012, 1:33 pm #2

Years ago, I took clomid given to me by my GYN - so took 50mg without monitoring and had a seemingly normal cycle of 25 days for me, then I had copious amounts of EWCM on day 2 of my next cycle and only a day of bleeding. I then had only a 19 day cycle after that one and bet it was due to a cyst producing E2 or why the EWCM on day 2!!

For you, would triggering or aspirating the cyst help to get your cycles back on track?

Jamie
Jamie

July 31st, 2012, 5:33 pm #3

Soooo frustrating. The only change is that I tried clomid 3 months ago. I have never dealt with cyst issues before.
UGH, what a pain . . . I have to think that the clomid had some sort of nasty effect. Hoping it will clear soon.

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

July 31st, 2012, 7:21 pm #4

Years ago, I took clomid given to me by my GYN - so took 50mg without monitoring and had a seemingly normal cycle of 25 days for me, then I had copious amounts of EWCM on day 2 of my next cycle and only a day of bleeding. I then had only a 19 day cycle after that one and bet it was due to a cyst producing E2 or why the EWCM on day 2!!

For you, would triggering or aspirating the cyst help to get your cycles back on track?
You nailed it. Thanks for sharing this. I thought it was odd. I have had EWCM each of the last three cycles at the beginning of my period. I figured it was the cyst producing estrogen but wasn't sure.

And my progesterone levels are saying that I already ovulated - on CD 2! I guess that's how people get pregnant when they have their period....?

So, we sit out another cycle. The nurses said that I will probably get another period in 10-14 days. I'm just hoping the cyst takes care of itself.

Thanks so much, Kim. I know it's not much solace for you, but it makes me feel better that someone else has gone through this.

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

July 31st, 2012, 7:22 pm #5

UGH, what a pain . . . I have to think that the clomid had some sort of nasty effect. Hoping it will clear soon.
For me, at least. Not a great experiment for me. But, I didn't want to leave the option on the table. I tried. Not a great idea in retrospect. Oh well. Thanks so much, Jamie! Onward we go.

Kim
Kim

July 31st, 2012, 7:35 pm #6

You know I was thinking that the 50mg of clomid taken on days 5-9 did not much for me than to mess with my cycles years ago. I think the timing of the clomid based on my short cycles was a poor idea for me. I should have been taking it earlier in my cycle like day 2 or 3 to start but I trusted my GYN and she said not to take earlier as I could get more than one follicle. Yeesh I should have know that was ok to have more than one-lol! I had just stopped BF'ding a few months earlier and wanted to kick start my O just in case I had not been and was anxious to TTC.

So I think the dosage too might be a factor...the 100mg seemed to work for me in trying it with monitoring on my last cycle. Really the combo of timing (days 2-6) and the 100mg seemed to do ok for me. Not sure if that helps you might, but maybe the clomid could work for you is what I am saying.

Tracy
Tracy

July 31st, 2012, 9:25 pm #7

For me, at least. Not a great experiment for me. But, I didn't want to leave the option on the table. I tried. Not a great idea in retrospect. Oh well. Thanks so much, Jamie! Onward we go.
I would have a 20mm on CD 2 and end up ovulating a day or two later. The only good thing about that is the next cycle comes in 12 to 14 days! Surprisingly, I would still have an AF even though I never figured out how a lining would even have time to build. Sending good thoughts that things are now reset.

xoxo, Tracy

BroodyHen
BroodyHen

August 1st, 2012, 3:07 pm #8

well that just plain sucks! i'm sorry to hear it

i know how hard it is to have to sit out a cycle, let alone 3. i hope this pesky cyst issue gets resolved quickly so you can get back in the game... i'm rooting for you!

Kim
Kim

August 1st, 2012, 4:01 pm #9

I would have a 20mm on CD 2 and end up ovulating a day or two later. The only good thing about that is the next cycle comes in 12 to 14 days! Surprisingly, I would still have an AF even though I never figured out how a lining would even have time to build. Sending good thoughts that things are now reset.

xoxo, Tracy
Outside of dosage, monitoring and timing, the other difference this time with using clomid was going to ER. I think that smaller sized 14mm follicle could have become a cyst for the next cycle if the RE had not retrieved it. My lining was not so great on the clomid though.

What about femera like Broodyhen took? She had some luck with it.

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

August 2nd, 2012, 1:39 pm #10

well that just plain sucks! i'm sorry to hear it

i know how hard it is to have to sit out a cycle, let alone 3. i hope this pesky cyst issue gets resolved quickly so you can get back in the game... i'm rooting for you!
I don't know if I can experiment with clomid again but, Kim, thank you for the thoughtful response. Starting earlier and more mg's makes sense - much like injectables - start early and more in the beginning.

We'll see if this cyst is gone when my next cycle starts. I sure hope so!

Thank you all for your kindness and concern. It can be a lonely journey.

Confirmation of reply: