And NOW I'm sick of my Clear Blue Easy Monitor

And NOW I'm sick of my Clear Blue Easy Monitor

ChickenLittle
ChickenLittle

January 30th, 2012, 8:32 pm #1

After the monitor working great for five months (days 9-11 showed "high" fertility, with days 12-13 showing "peak" aka ovulation), I'm now on my second month of showing all "high" fertility days immediately after my period, which supposedly indicates elevated estrogen levels.

And I know I'm using the monitor correctly, so that's not the problem.

I'm too lazy to go do more fertility blood work to see if my estrogen is indeed higher now, and no matter what results the b/w showed, I'd still be TTC naturally every month anyway, but now I'm looking at the Clear Blue Easy monitor like "WTF, dude?! No, you di'int!"

Maybe I just got a batch of bad test sticks. Will try some news ones...

I am just full of grievances, aren't I? LOL.

anne
anne

January 30th, 2012, 8:45 pm #2

reset the monitor if it's acting wonkey. there's a little pinhole that you can press with a pencil (i think) or else take out the batteries.

if it still reads high, you may want to have your levels checked.

ChickenLittle
ChickenLittle

January 30th, 2012, 9:05 pm #3

...if I can reset during the cycle? I'm already on Day 6 (did my first test-stick for this cycle this a.m., and got the "high" reading). Or do I need to wait until next month CD1 to reset?

Thanks! xoChix

BabyDance
BabyDance

January 31st, 2012, 3:07 am #4

reset the monitor if it's acting wonkey. there's a little pinhole that you can press with a pencil (i think) or else take out the batteries.

if it still reads high, you may want to have your levels checked.
I'd say use OPK's this month along with the monitor. This happened to me last month, and looking back on it, I should have done the OPK's.

Chicken
Chicken

January 31st, 2012, 4:32 am #5

I just ordered a bunch of those cheapie OPK strips off the Internet. Comes with some PG test strips too...what the heck. Why not, right?

Will see what the CBEFM says tomorrow...

anne
anne

January 31st, 2012, 4:19 pm #6

good luck!

ChickenLittle
ChickenLittle

January 31st, 2012, 7:55 pm #7

....hmmm. Going to try a new box of sticks tomorrow. You're not supposed to switch boxes/batches during a cycle, but I've done it before, no big. Truly doesn't seem to interfere with results, in my experience.

If I keep testing high, with no peak at all, despite accurate usage and a fresh batch of sticks, then I'll know it's time to consider getting some more bloodwork done. Not that discouraging bloodwork will keep me from the TTC misssion.

Thanks! xoChix

anne
anne

January 31st, 2012, 9:20 pm #8

if there are two lines then you shoudl probably get tested. that's what i always see with a true high.

ChickenLittle
ChickenLittle

January 31st, 2012, 10:13 pm #9

The manufacturer is really clear that the sticks themselves don't tell you anything useful, so I never look. But I did just check today's--only one line.

BroodyHen
BroodyHen

January 31st, 2012, 10:38 pm #10

like you, it used to be totally reliable for me with low, high, and peak readings. then i started going from low straight to peak with no high days, whereas i used to usually have about 2 days of high readings before the peak. then last year i even got a BFP (miscarriage) on a cycle where i only got high readings for days on end with no peak. i assume all this has to do with wacked hormones, so maybe getting the blood work done is worth the trouble. i had never heard that so many high days in a row indicated elevated estrogen levels. if that is the case, what is to be done about it? i've been doing acupuncture, hoping to stabilize hormone levels but i wonder what an RE who isn't an idiot would recommend to get the hormones in the zone?
BroodyHen

Confirmation of reply: