All hormones low and no period.

All hormones low and no period.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 31st, 2012, 8:55 pm #1

Is this menopause knocking on my door? Or has this happened to anyone from multiple IVF's? My hunch is meno. Dr. T prescribed Provera. I'm very unhappy... wanted to be done with this, sort of (my last cycle), and it just drags on month after month and the drama continues... has this happened to anyone else?

Seems to me if this is my hormone situation, how can I get a healthy egg? Not likely.. I'm just so done ladies.. and often, fairly ok, but then I realize I'm not.. (((

BabyDance
BabyDance

May 31st, 2012, 8:56 pm #2

Oh, it's me, btw... nt. ^^^

anne
anne

May 31st, 2012, 8:58 pm #3

Is this menopause knocking on my door? Or has this happened to anyone from multiple IVF's? My hunch is meno. Dr. T prescribed Provera. I'm very unhappy... wanted to be done with this, sort of (my last cycle), and it just drags on month after month and the drama continues... has this happened to anyone else?

Seems to me if this is my hormone situation, how can I get a healthy egg? Not likely.. I'm just so done ladies.. and often, fairly ok, but then I realize I'm not.. (((
you will likely enter m at the same age your mother did. i was adopted and my birth mother died 3 years ago so i'm playing a guessing game.

depending on your age, it could just be a low month. during peri your hormones will flucuate wildly on their own.

BabyDance
BabyDance

May 31st, 2012, 9:03 pm #4

Mother died before menopause. Thanks for your response. Wondering if anyone has been that low and then back to relatively normal. It doesn't feel that way at the moment. My sisters are in their mid 40's and still get their periods, but they have children and very different medical histories. Neither of them have skipped a period, whereas I did at 40. Ugh..

May 31st, 2012, 9:31 pm #5

For some reason, when I would do straight Follistim or Gonal F without first doing Femara, my body would shut down. It happened years ago when I first started and again this year when I tried stims alone twice. E2 would go down as low as 14. I would stop all meds, then ovulate that cycle in about 2 weeks. This Feb., my body shut down and I stopped meds but didn't O. I went back 2 months later just to see if I had gone into menopause and should start HRT and RE said let's do one last shot of Femara for 5 days to see if that gets anything started. It did! I had 3 mature follicles and triggered for my last IUI. My lining was kinda funky though....first time ever it wasn't trilaminar, but it was thick. I figured it was because it hadn't shed in two months. That cycle was BFN and this month was my first month since and I had a perfect 28 day cycle. So.......if you have been doing any meds at all, they can do a number on us. Maybe try a break and see if things level out.

xoxo, Tracy

BabyDance
BabyDance

May 31st, 2012, 9:34 pm #6

Yes, was on stims and Femara this past month for a cancelled cycle. Dr. T seems to think it's a pretty bad situation, without getting further into it. I don't think he wants me to rest a few months because I've been nosediving. Idk what to think or do anymore. Thanks for your input. xoxo BD

BD
BD

May 31st, 2012, 9:35 pm #7

Sorry for the "e", Tracy! nt.

smrc
smrc

May 31st, 2012, 9:47 pm #8

This may be lame advice but I think you either have to 1. take a break and see if your body "resets" with a break from meds; or 2. put yourself in Dr. T's hands completely and do as he indicates.

Separately, without trying to confuse you. Dr. C.heck seems to be the best at getting cycles back on track. Have you considered going back to him for a few cycles? I know with MF, just doing TI doesn't make as much sense.

Sorry not to have answers - my FSH kept creeping up and up my last 6-8 cycles and I know how scary/despondent it can make you feel.

sending hugs. SMRC

ps taking estroven often helped my cycles on my highest fsh months.

BabyDance
BabyDance

May 31st, 2012, 10:10 pm #9

I've been thinking of you and hope you are doing great!

Honestly, I'm done. I'm just doing what Dr. T wants me to do because I'm not invested anymore. You know those 5 stages of healing? I feel I've gone through it and I'm at acceptance. Just scary to feel like meno is happening.. I would continue to try if there was MF, but that's not an option. I think your advice makes sense but I'm not really trying so much anymore to go back to Check - just wondering what others have experienced with Provera and low hormones. xo BD

smrc
smrc

May 31st, 2012, 10:19 pm #10

gave good information re provera. FWIW, I did meet with Dr. T in the end and I really liked him and felt like he was the first RE to be on the same page as me about things. So you're in good hands with him, even if this may be your last cycle. Hang in there. SMRC

Confirmation of reply: