After Clomid, no cycles?

After Clomid, no cycles?

April 6th, 2012, 11:44 pm #1

Has anyone had the experience of cycles just stopping (completely, for months) after clomid challenge? My FSH was 5 in Dec., did a clomid challenge (and removed a polyp, with some real complications and a long hospitalization) in early January. CCT FSH was 50, I had one more cycle, and then that's it - nearly three months w/o AF. FSH is now 89 (no drugs on board), CCRM has fired me, and I'm baffled. I just don't think you go from fine to full blown menopause like that.

Any insights?

April 9th, 2012, 10:34 pm #2

Hi, I was hoping someone with more experience would jump in, but I can tell you my limited experience with clomid. I have taken it a few times, and every time my FSH has jumped to high numbers (in high 20's or low 30's - don't remember the exact number). My cycles never stopped but it took me a few cycles to get my fsh down. I am not sure why clomid has such an effect. The only thing I can suggest is taking a few cycles off - maybe doing herbs or something to try to bring it down.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 13th, 2012, 1:55 am #3

Thanks. I'm at day 83 w/o a cycle now. My RE is convinced that I was about to turn the corner into menopause and the clomid had nothing to do with it. I'd had totally regular cycles before taking it, and nothing after, so it's seems an awfully big coincidence. I've been doing herbs, acupuncture, and mayan massage, but I'm about to just give up. Can't try for a kid if you never have a cycle.

Confirmation of reply: