12 days of high readings on CBEFM, no peak, day 19.

12 days of high readings on CBEFM, no peak, day 19.

BabyDance
BabyDance

December 30th, 2011, 2:09 pm #1

My cycles avg 29 days, but are irregular at this point, 24-35 days. I suppose I could get a peak tomorrow for a 35 day cycle, but have a feeling it's anovulatory or I already ovulated. Didn't do OPK's with it because I'm on vacation and trying to stop being so obsessed with this (not really working, but trying). Anyone have this happen, thoughts? It's frustrating because Im pretty sure every month I used OPK's, I would have gotten a positive already and def had O pains. Happy New Year to all.

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

December 30th, 2011, 4:12 pm #2

I had a few cycles that I did not hit a peak day but unlike you, I quit testing after 4-5 days of high reading and then just gave up for the cycle or BD on the first or second day of high readings. Good for you for your perserverance w/ testing. I think those cycles for me were nonovulatory as the first reading of the CBEFM checks for E2 and then the peak checks for LH surge. I believe that is correct but could be wrong.

Happy New Year BD!!!!

FB

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

December 30th, 2011, 6:16 pm #3

My cycles avg 29 days, but are irregular at this point, 24-35 days. I suppose I could get a peak tomorrow for a 35 day cycle, but have a feeling it's anovulatory or I already ovulated. Didn't do OPK's with it because I'm on vacation and trying to stop being so obsessed with this (not really working, but trying). Anyone have this happen, thoughts? It's frustrating because Im pretty sure every month I used OPK's, I would have gotten a positive already and def had O pains. Happy New Year to all.
I have had several months of the monitor that I never got a peak but did get a positive OPK. No idea why it didn't pick up the peak. Last week was the first peak I have seen since last January (was on fertility drugs for 6 of the cycles and didn't use it etc). I forgot what it looked it since it had been so long! I don't trust the monitor now when I don't get a peak. I should just stop using it since I still double check with OPKs.. Too many things to pee on, LOL.

BabyDance
BabyDance

December 30th, 2011, 8:13 pm #4

I had a few cycles that I did not hit a peak day but unlike you, I quit testing after 4-5 days of high reading and then just gave up for the cycle or BD on the first or second day of high readings. Good for you for your perserverance w/ testing. I think those cycles for me were nonovulatory as the first reading of the CBEFM checks for E2 and then the peak checks for LH surge. I believe that is correct but could be wrong.

Happy New Year BD!!!!

FB
I think it's anov also, but why doesn't it drop to low? I think I read you had a BFP on the DE board?! Congrats and Happy New Year to you!! BD

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

December 30th, 2011, 9:48 pm #5

Either it was a non ovulatory cycle w/ elevated E2 that happens w/ us high FSHers. Or it could be that we experienced a very early LH surge that occurred before the CBEFM allowed us to start testing and then our E2 kept rising for reasons I don't know except that hormones were out of balance/synch.

This happened probably 3-4 times out of the 3 yrs that I was TTC w/ OE.

Yes, you are right that you did see my good news on the other board. I have had 4 betas and each one has risen appropriately. My HCG numbers are running high so it may be twins. I will find out next wk on my first u/s and I am very nervous to have twins but will figure it out if this is my situation.

I am very, very, very fortunate that it worked on my first attempt w/ DE as we are out and I mean out of money. Spending ~ 40k in 3 yrs on IF has killed our funds since we have been self pay w/ each procedure/meds. Now we need to make more to replenish our savings.

Have a great new yr BD!!!!

FB

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 30th, 2011, 10:36 pm #6

If so, LH can run very high when FSH is elevated and maybe that is why the readings are high? High LH makes OPKs inaccurate.

Suz44
Suz44

December 30th, 2011, 11:07 pm #7

BD-Hope you can enjoy the vacation. YOU deserve it. Happy New Year to you.

SMRC
SMRC

December 31st, 2011, 3:06 pm #8

if the readings are stressing you out BD! I never used the CBEFM so only offering my support and a hug. Wishing you a HNY.

SMRC

December 31st, 2011, 8:55 pm #9

Did you get a peak reading this morning yet? I used the CBEFM for about 5 or 6 months, I was 43 at the time and it always worked for me. Usually 5 days of high readings then a peak reading for 2 days. I was also taking my temperature. I can remember stressing out each month waiting for that darn peak reading to happen. And BDing each day for all of those high readings so it was like 10 days in a row!

I remember looking on the Fertility Friend charts and some women do get pregnant even with a very late ovulation cycle. It does happen. So maybe go look at some of those charts to make yourself feel better. So I'm wondering if since you are on vacation that your body is a little out of its normal rhythm this month and you are going to ovulate a bit later. Or it is possible you may also have an anovulatory cycle this time.

Since you have some sperm issues can you just go ahead and BD every other day just to make sure you don't accidentally miss the big ovulation day?

Thinking about you and wishing you luck!

December 31st, 2011, 9:43 pm #10

I have used the monitor for almost 3 years so I have encountered this a few times.

There is a software glitch with the monitor so when you have a high without peak, it will keep showing peak until the end of the cycle when you reset it to M1. Happened at least 3 times to me. Nothing to do with your hormone, I am pretty sure that is how the software was written.

Second, it is not as accurate as OPK if you use several OPKs a day especially in the afternoon. It failed to capture the surge that OPK captured when I cross referenced them against each other. This monitor also needs a few cycles to "get to know you". So if you are using it for the first 2-3 cycles, it is quite inaccurate.

Confirmation of reply: