1 follicle on CD9

1 follicle on CD9

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

April 23rd, 2012, 3:07 pm #1

Waiting on b/w but u/s showed 1 follicle at 11mm. And 2 little ones well under 10mm.

We have a 3 package "deal" for mini-IVF. This is cycle #2. We are completely self-pay. If the clinic will let us cancel, would you cancel?

Last cycle we had 3 follicles, 2 retrieved, 2 embryos transferred, and a chemical.

This is "it" for us. When these two cycles are over, we are done.

Would you cancel with 1 or try with 1? It's also a question of how much more meds to use on this cycle if there is little chance of moving forward.

(Also, I am offline for work on Monday so if they want to delay until Monday there is 0 chance that I can be there for retrieval.)
Quote
Share

Bea
Bea

April 23rd, 2012, 5:06 pm #2

Are you on the same protocol or did they change it? I totally sympathize w/being self-pay...I'm in the same boat. If it were me in this circumstance, I might decide to wait until another cycle...maybe tweak the protocol to get another follie? Where are you doing the miniIVF?

Wish you all the best with whatever you decide!
Quote
Share

Kim
Kim

April 23rd, 2012, 5:46 pm #3

Waiting on b/w but u/s showed 1 follicle at 11mm. And 2 little ones well under 10mm.

We have a 3 package "deal" for mini-IVF. This is cycle #2. We are completely self-pay. If the clinic will let us cancel, would you cancel?

Last cycle we had 3 follicles, 2 retrieved, 2 embryos transferred, and a chemical.

This is "it" for us. When these two cycles are over, we are done.

Would you cancel with 1 or try with 1? It's also a question of how much more meds to use on this cycle if there is little chance of moving forward.

(Also, I am offline for work on Monday so if they want to delay until Monday there is 0 chance that I can be there for retrieval.)
Depends on your estrogen levels? If they are triple digit, then maybe hold out for a bit longer. If not, I would cancel this cycle after one more u/s and if things stay the same - meaning only 1 follicle and the others are behind and estrogen still low.

Quote
Share

Tracy
Tracy

April 23rd, 2012, 6:14 pm #4

If the E2 is really high...it may mean the under 10's are set to come up and join the party, but if E2 isn't that high, I would just cancel this cycle and try again next month.

xoxo, Tracy

Quote
Share

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

April 23rd, 2012, 7:20 pm #5

So, now, the u/s tech that told me that I had 1 11mm follicle on my Left sent the report to the clinic saying that I had 2 on each side under 10mm and the 1 11mm. For a total of 5 all in the same range.

Why didn't she tell me that? So confusing.

E2: 100
Prog: 2.3
LH: 11.6

They are telling me to keep doing meds (225 follistim) tonight and t'row - go in again on Wednesday. But then I would have to go in again on Thursday. Which means another night of meds.

Today is Monday.
They do not do ER on Sundays.
We are completely offline next Monday - business travel that cannot be missed.

So the only day we could possibly trigger is Thursday for Saturday retrieval.

And....I just cannot bear wasting all the meds.

I am so confused and stressed. I wanted to cancel but they keep saying to stick with it. I guess I stick with it until Wednesday. I did call the financial coordinator and she said that they would just call this a cancelled cycle and not count it against our 3. So we are out the meds, I guess. And more monitoring costs.

Thoughts, perspective....I've lost my objectivity on this cycle.
Quote
Share

PhoebeMass
PhoebeMass

April 23rd, 2012, 7:20 pm #6

If the E2 is really high...it may mean the under 10's are set to come up and join the party, but if E2 isn't that high, I would just cancel this cycle and try again next month.

xoxo, Tracy
So, now, the u/s tech that told me that I had 1 11mm follicle on my Left sent the report to the clinic saying that I had 2 on each side under 10mm and the 1 11mm. For a total of 5 all in the same range.

Why didn't she tell me that? So confusing.

E2: 100
Prog: 2.3
LH: 11.6

They are telling me to keep doing meds (225 follistim) tonight and t'row - go in again on Wednesday. But then I would have to go in again on Thursday. Which means another night of meds.

Today is Monday.
They do not do ER on Sundays.
We are completely offline next Monday - business travel that cannot be missed.

So the only day we could possibly trigger is Thursday for Saturday retrieval.

And....I just cannot bear wasting all the meds.

I am so confused and stressed. I wanted to cancel but they keep saying to stick with it. I guess I stick with it until Wednesday. I did call the financial coordinator and she said that they would just call this a cancelled cycle and not count it against our 3. So we are out the meds, I guess. And more monitoring costs.

Thoughts, perspective....I've lost my objectivity on this cycle.
Quote
Share

alima
alima

April 23rd, 2012, 7:37 pm #7

So, now, the u/s tech that told me that I had 1 11mm follicle on my Left sent the report to the clinic saying that I had 2 on each side under 10mm and the 1 11mm. For a total of 5 all in the same range.

Why didn't she tell me that? So confusing.

E2: 100
Prog: 2.3
LH: 11.6

They are telling me to keep doing meds (225 follistim) tonight and t'row - go in again on Wednesday. But then I would have to go in again on Thursday. Which means another night of meds.

Today is Monday.
They do not do ER on Sundays.
We are completely offline next Monday - business travel that cannot be missed.

So the only day we could possibly trigger is Thursday for Saturday retrieval.

And....I just cannot bear wasting all the meds.

I am so confused and stressed. I wanted to cancel but they keep saying to stick with it. I guess I stick with it until Wednesday. I did call the financial coordinator and she said that they would just call this a cancelled cycle and not count it against our 3. So we are out the meds, I guess. And more monitoring costs.

Thoughts, perspective....I've lost my objectivity on this cycle.
so frustrating when they don't tell you all the info. The two that are under 10mm, did they tell you how big at all? For example are they 8mm or are they 4mm? I know most places won't measure anything under 10mm, but some places do measure it. If they are around 8mm, then they aren't far behind the 11mm, so I would continue. If you don't know, I would still continue until Wednesday and see what the US says. The ones that are under 10mm may grow and be close to the 11mm in which case you may get a couple more. I think it is good to increase the dosage because it might help the smaller ones to grow. So my thoughts are to continue at least until Wednesday - then you can decide if you want to cancel.
Quote
Share

anne
anne

April 23rd, 2012, 7:45 pm #8

So, now, the u/s tech that told me that I had 1 11mm follicle on my Left sent the report to the clinic saying that I had 2 on each side under 10mm and the 1 11mm. For a total of 5 all in the same range.

Why didn't she tell me that? So confusing.

E2: 100
Prog: 2.3
LH: 11.6

They are telling me to keep doing meds (225 follistim) tonight and t'row - go in again on Wednesday. But then I would have to go in again on Thursday. Which means another night of meds.

Today is Monday.
They do not do ER on Sundays.
We are completely offline next Monday - business travel that cannot be missed.

So the only day we could possibly trigger is Thursday for Saturday retrieval.

And....I just cannot bear wasting all the meds.

I am so confused and stressed. I wanted to cancel but they keep saying to stick with it. I guess I stick with it until Wednesday. I did call the financial coordinator and she said that they would just call this a cancelled cycle and not count it against our 3. So we are out the meds, I guess. And more monitoring costs.

Thoughts, perspective....I've lost my objectivity on this cycle.
i don't have much advice, if they don't count it against you i would go for it and follow their advice.
Quote
Share

Joined: April 19th, 2004, 2:36 am

April 23rd, 2012, 8:33 pm #9

So, now, the u/s tech that told me that I had 1 11mm follicle on my Left sent the report to the clinic saying that I had 2 on each side under 10mm and the 1 11mm. For a total of 5 all in the same range.

Why didn't she tell me that? So confusing.

E2: 100
Prog: 2.3
LH: 11.6

They are telling me to keep doing meds (225 follistim) tonight and t'row - go in again on Wednesday. But then I would have to go in again on Thursday. Which means another night of meds.

Today is Monday.
They do not do ER on Sundays.
We are completely offline next Monday - business travel that cannot be missed.

So the only day we could possibly trigger is Thursday for Saturday retrieval.

And....I just cannot bear wasting all the meds.

I am so confused and stressed. I wanted to cancel but they keep saying to stick with it. I guess I stick with it until Wednesday. I did call the financial coordinator and she said that they would just call this a cancelled cycle and not count it against our 3. So we are out the meds, I guess. And more monitoring costs.

Thoughts, perspective....I've lost my objectivity on this cycle.
with your P4 level. Ideally it should be below 1, although it could bobble a little to 1.something. Is that a typical level for you? I'm assuming you didn't do a lupron stop or a lupron flare protocol or you would have mentioned it? I would worry that you triggered an immature follicle to release and make a weak CL producing some P4 if you had done the flare. But otherwise, I'm not sure what it means. Your LH is a tad higher than optimum, but it is still okay.

You do have a nicely rising E2 level. If you do have 5 follicles, I'd be inclined to keep going for now just until your next b/w to see what happens if you are okay with using the meds.

(This is based on the 2.1 and 2.3 P4 levels.)

Last edited by krgh on April 23rd, 2012, 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quote
Like
Share

ALM
ALM

April 23rd, 2012, 8:47 pm #10

So, now, the u/s tech that told me that I had 1 11mm follicle on my Left sent the report to the clinic saying that I had 2 on each side under 10mm and the 1 11mm. For a total of 5 all in the same range.

Why didn't she tell me that? So confusing.

E2: 100
Prog: 2.3
LH: 11.6

They are telling me to keep doing meds (225 follistim) tonight and t'row - go in again on Wednesday. But then I would have to go in again on Thursday. Which means another night of meds.

Today is Monday.
They do not do ER on Sundays.
We are completely offline next Monday - business travel that cannot be missed.

So the only day we could possibly trigger is Thursday for Saturday retrieval.

And....I just cannot bear wasting all the meds.

I am so confused and stressed. I wanted to cancel but they keep saying to stick with it. I guess I stick with it until Wednesday. I did call the financial coordinator and she said that they would just call this a cancelled cycle and not count it against our 3. So we are out the meds, I guess. And more monitoring costs.

Thoughts, perspective....I've lost my objectivity on this cycle.
Given your situation and the fact that you have 2 cycles left, I would cancel. An E2 of 100 seems really low to me at this stage. I would think given there are 5 medium sized follies that if they were developing properly they would be giving off more estrogen, and that the number would be AT LEAST 300. I could be wrong. I'm sure others will chime in.

BTW, I'm impressed that you got 2 follies that translated to embryos that could be put back and one (or both!) implanted. That is GREAT and a good sign for you overall I think.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Quote
Share


Confirmation of reply: