Regarding the Closure of ZetaBoards

Cody
Level 15
Level 15

July 16th, 2018, 10:28 pm #1

Greetings Everyone,

It's been about 4 years since this board went into an archived state. I will always cherish the memories, skills, and friendships I gained here. Even though Outline has long been quiet, it's always a treat to revisit this place from time to time for nostalgia purposes; and to see what familiar faces have resurfaced after all this time.

Unfortunately, ZetaBoards as a platform seems to be coming to an end. If you're not familiar with the details of the situation, I'm not going to go into much detail in this post. Instead, you can read up on high level information here and more granularly here. It's a shame that all of the work, history, and resources will be lost or obsolete - but all great things must die eventually, I suppose.

Outline may live on in some state or another, but a ZetaBoards-first resource archive will mostly be made redundant with the death of ZetaBoards. Instead, I invite everyone to join several us on a Discord channel (Ephex) hosted by Nick and Chance. It's a design and development-oriented channel, but anyone is welcome to come and hang out.

Join us on Discord

That's all I have for you. Feel free to reply to this topic with any thoughts/questions you have, it will be lightly moderated. I'll be active here until the final conversion to Tapatalk, so you can PM me with any questions regarding my themes, resources, etc.

Cheers everyone,
Cody

Nick
Level 9
Level 9

July 16th, 2018, 11:20 pm #2

While I completely disagree with the decision of ZetaBoards' future, I am tremendously thankful to have been a part of this community. I learned so much through the years, and I (like many others here) am still impacted by Outline til this very day.

I will continue checking in on Outline, but we do hope you will join us for continued community discussions on Discord! :wub:

Nick | 'Atta Boy Luther! | Outline Manager | Ask Me!
[+] Spoiler

Geoffrey
Level 14
Level 14

July 17th, 2018, 1:22 am #3

There's no way I can fully express what Outline has meant to me over the years and continues to mean to me. No matter what, I have continuously found myself checking in here since the non-updated state began. I can't let go of a place that was a major staple of my teen years and I'm incredibly sad to see this change (don't call it an upgrade) end everything.

Thank you to Chance and Nick for creating a space where we can all continue to gather and stay in touch. :wub:
Last edited by Geoffrey on July 17th, 2018, 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Consider this statement my permission to convert my themes to other platforms. Please link back to http://geoffreykoester.com. Be sure to rehost all theme images on the new platform as we do not know how long they will redirect. Also some boards hosting theme/skin images may not survive the move.

[+] Spoiler

[+] Spoiler

Chance
Level 5
Level 5

July 17th, 2018, 3:38 am #4

I really look forward to seeing some members from here show their faces at our discord channel. :)
We would really love to see what everyone is up to these days... and I look forward to being back in contact with several of you.

Outline made a lot of us who we are today, and it's going to suck never seeing it anywhere other than in web archives... I hope one day another community will appear for the next generation to come up in a similar demeanor we did, because it was definitely a fantastic asset to several of our lives.
Last edited by Chance on July 17th, 2018, 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

GET READY FOR A NEW OUTLINE...

Show our Guests how much you appreciate us by writing a testimonial! | Ask me a question!

Chesterfield
Level 12
Level 12

July 25th, 2018, 7:26 pm #5

Memories I made here are memories I'll cherish for a long time. Love you guys!

Liam
Level 12
Level 12

July 28th, 2018, 2:44 pm #6

Screw you tapatalk

jerks
Liam
#yolo

polocolo
Level 2
Level 2

July 30th, 2018, 5:48 pm #7

a great loss to see Zetaboards go.

Madyy
Level 14
Level 14

July 30th, 2018, 7:57 pm #8

I kind of tolerate you people.

Just kidding. I'll forever cherish the friendships and memories made here. I know for a fact that Outline has helped shape who I am as a person, as I know it has for many others. I know I've kept up with many on social media (and if you creep and find me, I might add you, who knows) and I look forward to keeping up with people on Discord. I love you people.