STARZ: Will there be a Season 5?

* DISCUSS THE SERIES * NEWS ON CASTING and FILMING *

Season three of the Starz TV series begins September 10, 2017!

*Episode Discussions
Official STARZ / OUTLANDER site

January 14th, 2018, 1:22 pm #16

LoneRanger wrote:The betroth between Caitriona Balfe and Mcgill will cast a shadow on the romantic story between Claire and Jamie.
This event more than the filming locations will work as a wet blanket on the fans enthusiasms and devotions....
I imagine that they will keep a low profile about their relationship as they did before announcing their engagement. Now if Cait got pregnant, that would be difficult since Claire is not pregnant anymore from this point on in the story. I have no idea if she wants children. She might be the type who is content to mentor other people’s children.
The minister's cat is a camstairy cat.

January 14th, 2018, 1:36 pm #17

The cat is out of the bag.
The engagement ring was with great joy heralded in public.
Gabaldon's books are still the best solid pillars in the Outlander world.

January 15th, 2018, 3:59 am #18

My husband and I have talked a bit (over the years) about and wondered whether it would be in Caitriona's contract not to get pregnant.  That would be a huge clause and I don't know if it could ever be included in something like this.  Claire/Caitriona, however, are essential to the show and story.  I'm happy for her if she's found her forever man.  And yes, LoneRanger, Jamie and Claire will always be in the books, no matter what!  That's the beauty of all of this...we have the wonderful story of Diana's Outlander, but we also have her story in visual form too, for us to enjoy.  

I'm sure some fans will be very disappointed in Caitriona's engagement, but I also feel confident that the magic of RDM (and team) as well as the superb acting of Sam and Caitriona will continue to help 'convince' the audience of Jamie and Claire's utter devotion to each other.  😍

January 15th, 2018, 7:46 am #19

I totally share your view Zahia.
Irrespective of the private life of the actors, we will always have a deep interest for all Outlander vicissitudes.
After all, even a beautiful talended woman as Caitriona Balfe has the right to chose her own husband and form her own family.

Rae

January 15th, 2018, 9:17 pm #20

Naomi wrote: Good news and I like the idea of two seasons per book. The earlier books aren't too long but the later ones go well over 1000 pages and it's hard to imagine cramming everything into 13 episodes.
That would be fantastic!  I have felt the rush of the 2nd and 3rd seasons and I think it would be much, much easier to enjoy this story (especially non-readers) if they would split the remaining books up.....there's just so much going on!

I haven't been in the OL mood lately but watching the preview of season 4 (even though it wasn't much) I jump right back into my OL obsessed self.  😊

Rae

January 15th, 2018, 9:25 pm #21

Whoa, I was just reading posts.......I've been really sick and had no idea Caite is engaged!  if that makes a difference to some fans......they aren't living in reality and may not be as vested in this  story as most of us here are.  ☺️

January 17th, 2018, 4:01 am #22

Zahia wrote: We watched the last one a few weeks ago again and thought that the story jumped through some of the plot points without much connecting dialogue so that it was quite confusing, even though we've read the books lots (and discussed them) and watched the episode a few times.  <snip>  I'm trying to remember, but I think we were most confused as to why Jamie got 'rescued' by LJG's men...and the "connection" was that very rushed exchange between Fergus and Marsali in the Inn.
I, too, rewatched the last episode again a few days ago.  The first couple times, I'd wondered how Marsali knew Claire had been to the inn.  The other day, I realized it was because the gown she'd worn to the ball was on the bed.  That went by so quickly that it took three viewings before I realized what was going on!

LoneRanger wrote: The betroth between Caitriona Balfe and Mcgill will cast a shadow on the romantic story between Claire and Jamie.
Well, I don't really see why it would.  I think Caitriona as Claire can certainly sell her relationship with Jamie to viewers.  She's definitely a good enough actress to be convincing in the role, imo.
If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all. ~ Oscar Wilde
~~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>
'I noticed you capped all my best quotations,' said Lymond absently. ~ The Ringed Castle

January 17th, 2018, 11:35 am #23

Rae wrote: Whoa, I was just reading posts.......I've been really sick and had no idea Caite is engaged!  if that makes a difference to some fans......they aren't living in reality and may not be as vested in this  story as most of us here are.  ☺
 am sure most.some of you are big fans of Outlander just like I am. Besides, I am also a big fan of the STARZ rework....

January 24th, 2018, 7:47 pm #24

LoneRanger wrote: The betroth between Caitriona Balfe and Mcgill will cast a shadow on the romantic story between Claire and Jamie.
This event more than the filming locations will work as a wet blanket on the fans enthusiasms and devotions....
Congratulations to Catriona and her fiancé. Frankly, I find it more uncomfortable when co-stars are dating because then the sex scenes feel voyeuristic. Jamie and Claire are fictional characters and Sam and Catriona portray them beautifully. That's all that matters.

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

May 9th, 2018, 8:25 pm #25

Starz announced today that there will be seasons 5 & 6!! Season 4 starts in November.
"There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books." - Irving Stone

Just another reader with a blog... check it out here.

May 9th, 2018, 8:49 pm #26

I saw that! Fantastic news!

Just to add a thought - going forward, as the novels get more and more longer, I'd be willing to see a book divided up into two seasons in order to bring it out properly.
Da mi basia mille, deinde centum, dein mille altera, dein secunda centum, deinde usque altera mille, deinde centum.

Donne-moi mille baisers, et puis cent, et puis mille autres, puis une seconde fois cent, puis encore mille autres, puis cent.

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

May 9th, 2018, 8:56 pm #27

Naomi wrote: Just to add a thought - going forward, as the novels get more and more longer, I'd be willing to see a book divided up into two seasons in order to bring it out properly.
100% agree.
"There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books." - Irving Stone

Just another reader with a blog... check it out here.

May 9th, 2018, 10:33 pm #28

Ditto! There is so much material to pack into 12 episodes, don't know how they will do it but I know they'll make it work somehow! So excited!

There's also confirmation of a November start date for season 4- nice present for my birthday month!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Woman was made of Adam's rib; not made out of his head to rule over him, nor out of his feet to be trampled upon by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be beloved - Matthew Henry

May 10th, 2018, 1:44 am #29

This is great news!  So glad to have it confirmed.  I'm a little disappointed, though, that there will only be 12 episodes for each season instead of 13.  I can't imagine what they'll cut from the books.  I'd be more than happy to have one book be more than one season but according to news reports, that isn't happening for Seasons 5 and 6. 
If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all. ~ Oscar Wilde
~~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>
'I noticed you capped all my best quotations,' said Lymond absently. ~ The Ringed Castle

May 10th, 2018, 9:03 am #30

I found this article that clarifies things. Season 4= Drums of Autumn, Season 5= The Fiery Cross and Season 6= A breath of snow and ashes. I'm a bit disappointed that the producers didn't see things from my point of view, especially given of complex ABOSAA is. On the other hand, thinking it over, both books are rather bloated so maybe there is room to cut - so long as the cutting is done logically and not haphazardly.
http://tvline.com/2018/05/09/outlander- ... tos-starz/
Da mi basia mille, deinde centum, dein mille altera, dein secunda centum, deinde usque altera mille, deinde centum.

Donne-moi mille baisers, et puis cent, et puis mille autres, puis une seconde fois cent, puis encore mille autres, puis cent.