STARZ: Other work by Outlander actors

* DISCUSS THE SERIES * NEWS ON CASTING and FILMING *

Season three of the Starz TV series begins September 10, 2017!

*Episode Discussions
Official STARZ / OUTLANDER site

March 17th, 2017, 9:46 pm #46

sassenach wrote:I recently watched a BBC drama documentary about 1066 : The Battle of Hastings, and noticed one of the actors playing Duke Harold's brother, Gyrth was Simon Meacock who played Munro in Outlander season1.
Thanks, Sassenach. :) I'll have to look for him! It's one of the series I've got queued up for a rainy evening.

sassenach
Clan Fraser Veteran
sassenach
Clan Fraser Veteran

March 18th, 2017, 12:16 pm #47

Watching season 2 of The Lost Kingdom which just started on BBC TV this week and Richard Rankin popped up as a monk ! He's busy boy !!
"It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach"

“Sassenach." He had called me that from the first; the Gaelic word for outlander, a stranger. An Englishman. First in jest, then in affection.”

My Book Blog

May 5th, 2017, 2:42 pm #48

I saw yesterday that PBS has commissioned a series to be made of Little Women which will be produced by the BBC. I think Hannah James would make a great Meg!
The minister's cat is a camstairy cat.

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

March 30th, 2018, 4:28 pm #49

Just read that Tobias Menzies has been cast as Prince Philip in season 3 of The Crown! I think he'll be amazing in that role.
"There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books." - Irving Stone

Just another reader with a blog... check it out here.

April 5th, 2018, 7:56 pm #50

It took me a bit to see it, but I agree...he's such a great actor he'll be wonderful as Prince Philip.  I'm sure his work on Outlander has put him on many radars, and the Crown series will catapult his career further.  I just wish that Outlander would get the publicity, recognition and respect that it deserves.  

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

July 9th, 2018, 4:46 am #51

And more about Tobias Menzies -- I just started watching The Terror, a new TV series that aired on AMC this spring. Tobias plays one of the ships' captains, and based on the 4 episodes I've watched so far, he's terrific. (It's hard not to picture BJR when I hear his voice, though.)
"There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books." - Irving Stone

Just another reader with a blog... check it out here.