SCOTLAND: Celebrities in Kilts

Post and share anything to do with Scotland.
NE Mom
Clan Fraser Veteran

September 13th, 2011, 6:25 pm #46

What great pictures! I'm so jealous you got to see the bonny Andy Murray in person, that must have been awesome, Lady Ross! Like you and RedScotPursuer, he is my new fave tennis player - he did very well in the latest tournament, even though he didn't win. All the more reason to keep cheering him on, aye?

I agree about the socks, Lady Ross, some buskins would've been cool!
"Blue? Are there blue butterflies in Scotland?"..."It's a dream, Sassenach. I could have flutterbys wi' tartan wings, and I liked." Claire & Jamie, by Diana Gabaldon

September 14th, 2011, 12:49 am #47

NE Mom, if by in person you mean surrounded by thousands of other people squinting at a red headed dot? I watched the monitor the whole time. But it was still awesome to be at Wimbledon during Wimbledon.

TwilightTINK
Clan Fraser

September 14th, 2011, 2:49 am #48

I know what you mean LR. I couple of years ago we were in Paris during the French open so we went. Got to see the Williams sisters close up and we had great tickets so it was a blast.

NE Mom
Clan Fraser Veteran

September 14th, 2011, 3:39 am #49

Lady Ross wrote:NE Mom, if by in person you mean surrounded by thousands of other people squinting at a red headed dot? I watched the monitor the whole time. But it was still awesome to be at Wimbledon during Wimbledon.
Breathing in the same air space as Andy, while looking at the monitor at him - :thud: - at Wimbledon - very cool!

sassenach
Clan Fraser Veteran
sassenach
Clan Fraser Veteran

September 14th, 2011, 12:48 pm #50

Lady Ross wrote:how about now?

I've just been watching the very lovely John Barrowman on lunch time television - he is very good looking and looks even better in his kilt....sadly he wasn't wearing his Kilt on TV but he was singing..
Glad you all like Andy Murray - I just wish he would WIN at Wimbledon one year - the home crowd would go wild !!
"It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach"

“Sassenach." He had called me that from the first; the Gaelic word for outlander, a stranger. An Englishman. First in jest, then in affection.”

My Book Blog

Laura
Clan Fraser

September 20th, 2011, 10:53 pm #51

More pictures, please!!!!
The Ultimate Guide to Dorothy Dunnett's THE GAME OF KINGS available here.

September 20th, 2011, 11:11 pm #52

Apparently this one is a Rugby player. No clue who he is, actually, but thought he looked yummy.

PS: to find more like this Google "Dressed to Kilt"- parentheses should help the Boolean search and get you the right pictures.

September 21st, 2011, 12:51 pm #53

Lady Ross wrote:Apparently this one is a Rugby player. No clue who he is, actually, but thought he looked yummy.

:thud: That's just yummyyyy! :mischief:

just wished i was 20 years greener :aargh:

September 21st, 2011, 2:15 pm #54

I know, right? When I get back today, I'll use my google-fu to find us some more yummies...

(Purely for research purposes, obviously)

October 9th, 2011, 9:53 pm #55

There is this fashion show every year, Dress to Kilt, that takes place in NY.
Here is a link with some great stuff from this year show...
http://www.dressedtokilt.com/photogalle ... il5-NY.php

Probably not many of you watch rugby games...I watch them but i was reduced to big competitions only...like World Cup tournaments for example...not that we get any others on our NA channels, but still nice even if it is every 4 years.
And this year was even nicer for me to see Canada qualified, and to be honest they played well enough, but my native country own team as well ...and not only that but played in the same pool with Scotland and England.
I was trilled especially during the game against Scotland.
Call me crazy my heart swell a bit when I heard both national anthems played in the beginning of the game...which i throughly enjoyed. Yes, Scotland won. :lol:

But...I could not stop myself admiring some of the Scots there... :bigsmile: ..great men...literarily and figuratively... :oops!:
Anyway Scotland has this huge player (among others)...I mean he's 2,09 m tall :bow: (some Vicking genes there no doubt :lol: )...that would be about 6'9" ... :thinking:
here is a pic of his in kilt

and here with his normal hair color

October 10th, 2011, 12:04 am #56

Verra nice, though I like the darker one in the vest myself.