NE Mom
Clan Fraser Veteran
Joined: March 4th, 2010, 9:58 pm

October 7th, 2010, 9:50 pm #16

^Oh, absolutely, deltaTN, Googling "Gerard Butler, kilt" is a verra nice way to spend some time on the net, I highly recommend it! The link above was just one of many awesome sites that came up :D

Did I read correctly that Dario won the race on 10/2?
Quote

Joined: September 2nd, 2010, 3:49 pm

October 8th, 2010, 5:33 am #17

NE Mom wrote:^Oh, absolutely, deltaTN, Googling "Gerard Butler, kilt" is a verra nice way to spend some time on the net, I highly recommend it! The link above was just one of many awesome sites that came up :D

Did I read correctly that Dario won the race on 10/2?
NE Mom, Dario didn't win the race, but he had enough overall points to win the IZOD Indycar Championship for 2010. The accumulated points are based on how many races won, extra points for winning pole, extra points for laps led for the season that started in March in Brazil and ended at Homestead, FL. So said the season has ended! :cry:
Quote

NE Mom
Clan Fraser Veteran
Joined: March 4th, 2010, 9:58 pm

October 9th, 2010, 11:17 pm #18

^Thanks for the update on my new fave Indy car driver! When does the new season start?

Here's a Scottish soccer player, Thom Evans, at the Dressed to Kilt event - his "Murray" shirt is very cool, and made me think, et tu, Young Ian?
http://www.exposay.com/thom-evans-8th-a ... Thom+Evans
Quote

Joined: July 29th, 2010, 4:53 pm

October 22nd, 2010, 2:18 pm #19

Here 2 more links with celeb in kilts...
http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/party ... _09_04.php

http://www.dressedtokilt.com/ny2007gallery.html

Duncan Ferguson, Scottish football player (6'4") :D

Tony Curran, Scottish Actor (Pillars of the earth)-red haired :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/ ... Curran.jpg

Quote

NE Mom
Clan Fraser Veteran
Joined: March 4th, 2010, 9:58 pm

October 24th, 2010, 2:39 am #20

Verra nice, links and pics, RSP! *Looking at the dress the Lass on the left of Tony Curran, I'm maybe getting an idea what to do with the rest of 6 yards of Fraser-ish plaid I found for a book cover-a dress for my DD*
Quote

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser
Joined: October 4th, 2009, 7:41 pm

October 24th, 2010, 5:51 am #21

Seeing that image of Duncan Ferguson above brought a thought to my mind -- does the Scottish soccer (football) team wear kilts as their sport uniform? Hmm?
Quote

Thistle
Clan Fraser Veteran
Joined: September 22nd, 2009, 12:59 am

October 24th, 2010, 1:02 pm #22

Lady Jayne wrote:Seeing that image of Duncan Ferguson above brought a thought to my mind -- does the Scottish soccer (football) team wear kilts as their sport uniform? Hmm?
If they did it would make bicycle kicks and slide tackles verra interesting, aye? :oops:
Quote

Joined: September 2nd, 2010, 3:49 pm

October 24th, 2010, 1:13 pm #23

:scottish: Here's the 2010 event for 'Dressed to Kilt', the theme is Mad for Scotland. This event is sponsored by Friends of Scotland, and the following is their purpose for the show.
WHERE THE FUNDS GO

The Friends of Scotland charity and the producers of the event believe that we owe a tremendous debt of gratitude and thanks to the young men and women on both sides of the Atlantic that have risked their lives to help and protect all of us. Though we are an apolitical organization, we are outspoken when it comes to acknowledging the debt that we owe to these courageous young men and women. Therefore funds from this year’s event are being raised for the Wounded Warrior Project (http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org), the Paralyzed Veterans of America (http://www.pva.org) and the Erskine Hospital in Scotland (http://www.erskine.org.uk). Indeed, three highly decorated wounded warriors will be joining us on the runway.

MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE TO ATTEND

The Friends Of Scotland is a national 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation dedicated to advancing contemporary Scottish interests and meeting contemporary Scottish needs in the United States.


Homepage
http://www.dressedtokilt.com/index.php

Photo Gallery
http://www.dressedtokilt.com/photogalle ... il5-NY.php
Quote

Joined: September 21st, 2010, 10:08 pm

October 24th, 2010, 8:01 pm #24

Has anyone mentioned Conan O'Brien for Jamie--he's red and tall enuff (Spit take :rotfl: )

Patty B.
(the bazinga is implied)
Quote

NE Mom
Clan Fraser Veteran
Joined: March 4th, 2010, 9:58 pm

October 25th, 2010, 2:09 pm #25

deltaTN wrote::scottish: Here's the 2010 event for 'Dressed to Kilt', the theme is Mad for Scotland. This event is sponsored by Friends of Scotland, and the following is their purpose for the show.
WHERE THE FUNDS GO

The Friends of Scotland charity and the producers of the event believe that we owe a tremendous debt of gratitude and thanks to the young men and women on both sides of the Atlantic that have risked their lives to help and protect all of us. Though we are an apolitical organization, we are outspoken when it comes to acknowledging the debt that we owe to these courageous young men and women. Therefore funds from this year’s event are being raised for the Wounded Warrior Project (http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org), the Paralyzed Veterans of America (http://www.pva.org) and the Erskine Hospital in Scotland (http://www.erskine.org.uk). Indeed, three highly decorated wounded warriors will be joining us on the runway.

I :<3: that the funds from this event will go to support our brave men and and women in the armed services...another reason to love this event. Thanks for the info., deltaTN!

The image post didn't quite come through, Beau Soleil - was it a pic of Conan? We'd love to see!
Quote

Joined: September 21st, 2010, 10:08 pm

October 25th, 2010, 4:04 pm #26

He's #15 in the original posted site http://blog.scotweb.co.uk/journal/2008/ ... kilts.html I guess they didn't like me poaching the individual pic.
Patty B.
(the bazinga is implied)
Quote

NE Mom
Clan Fraser Veteran
Joined: March 4th, 2010, 9:58 pm

October 27th, 2010, 12:33 am #27

BeauSoleil wrote:I guess they didn't like me poaching the individual pic.
some sites are quirky that way (I still canna figure out how to post a pic, within a post yet :oops: ) Thank you so much for the link - I saw Mr. O'Brian now - wonder if he's ever worn one on the show? That would be awesome! Or maybe Craig Ferguson? They could revolutionize late nite tv!
Quote

Joined: September 21st, 2010, 10:08 pm

November 6th, 2010, 5:12 pm #28

Ashley McIssac
Patty B.
(the bazinga is implied)
Quote

Anam-Charaid
Clan Fraser
Joined: September 19th, 2009, 5:20 pm

November 7th, 2010, 11:33 pm #29

BeauSoleil wrote:Ashley McIssac
Thanks for the link BeauSoleil. I love hanging out in this thread, strictly for research purposes mind you all, one gets to appreciate ;) lots of different kilt wearing styles.

But the wine had been too strong for her, as it had for the others; and like the others she had stepped from the safe shores of friendship. She stood now in another country, whose sun burned and whose air was too rare for her breathing. Checkmate
Quote

Joined: September 21st, 2010, 10:08 pm

November 29th, 2010, 1:20 am #30

The tenth Doctor and Scot--David Tennant.
Patty B.
(the bazinga is implied)
Quote