Poldark TV News

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

September 11th, 2018, 3:08 am #1

I just saw an announcement that season 5 will be the end for Poldark! I'm so sad! I can't wait for the US premiere of season 4, but it's disappointing to know that the end is coming.
"There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books." - Irving Stone

Just another reader with a blog... check it out here.

NigheanDubh
Clan Fraser

September 11th, 2018, 11:19 pm #2

Oh no! :(
"'I wish to God,' said Gideon with mild exasperation, 'that you'd talk--just once--in prose like other people.'"
--Game of Kings

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

September 12th, 2018, 2:46 am #3

Season 4 of Poldark follows the saga up to the end of Angry Tides (Book 7). The next book in the series, Stranger from the Sea, picks up the story in 1810. The story line starts to focus more on Ross and Demelza's children after this book.

When one door closes, another one opens, though. ;)  Isn't the same production company planning to produce a TV series of the Lymond Chronicles featuring the magnetic Scottish rebel Francis Crawford of Lymond? I will miss Ross, but can't wait to meet the TV rendition of Francis.  :thud:

September 14th, 2018, 4:12 pm #4

I read an interesting article about season 5 of Poldark. They explained that since there is this 15 year time jump between The Angry Tide and The Stranger from the Sea they decided to write the season about what happens during those 15 years instead of doing the time jump. That way they could continue using the same characters and not have to age them up significantly. I'm looking forward to that. I read the books through the end of Angry Tide and then I tried to start the next one but the time jump and change of characters really threw me. It was too much change so I put it down to wait for the TV show to catch up. My plan now is to wait till next year, after the TV show is over and then go and finish the book series.

By the way, Season 4 of Poldark is now available on Netflix where I am so I have begun watching it. I've watched up to episode 3 as of last night.
Da mi basia mille, deinde centum, dein mille altera, dein secunda centum, deinde usque altera mille, deinde centum.

Donne-moi mille baisers, et puis cent, et puis mille autres, puis une seconde fois cent, puis encore mille autres, puis cent.

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

September 14th, 2018, 9:41 pm #5

Naomi, thanks for the explanation. I've read through the end of The Angry Tide as well, and had thought about trying to fit in more before the next season -- but I think your plan to wait until after the show is complete makes a lot of sense!
"There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books." - Irving Stone

Just another reader with a blog... check it out here.

NigheanDubh
Clan Fraser

September 15th, 2018, 8:29 pm #6

Lady Jayne wrote: Isn't the same production company planning to produce a TV series of the Lymond Chronicles featuring the magnetic Scottish rebel Francis Crawford of Lymond? I will miss Ross, but can't wait to meet the TV rendition of Francis.  
Yes.   :thud:
"'I wish to God,' said Gideon with mild exasperation, 'that you'd talk--just once--in prose like other people.'"
--Game of Kings

September 15th, 2018, 9:47 pm #7

Well, I finished season 4. Once I got started I couldn't stop. It was an excellent season. It's been more than a year since I read the two books it's based on but I felt that the series was very faithful to the spirit of the books. The ending was, I felt, even more moving than in the book. I won't say more but the emotions were very well done.
Da mi basia mille, deinde centum, dein mille altera, dein secunda centum, deinde usque altera mille, deinde centum.

Donne-moi mille baisers, et puis cent, et puis mille autres, puis une seconde fois cent, puis encore mille autres, puis cent.