OL EXTRAS: Outlander Kitchen: Official Outlander Cookbook

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

December 9th, 2015, 3:59 pm #1

Outlander Kitchen started as a blog (http://outlanderkitchen.com/) that creates all sorts of food and recipes inspired by Outlander -- and now the writer/chef is publishing a cookbook, officially sanctioned by Diana and with an intro written by Herself.

The cookbook looks gorgeous! It's available for preorder on Amazon. Here's the cover:

I'm not a foodie or a cook, but even so, it looks like an amazing book to at least look through. If you want to just try out a few recipes or see the type of things she puts together, check out the blog. Very creative!
"There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books." - Irving Stone

Just another reader with a blog... check it out here.

December 9th, 2015, 4:33 pm #2

I noticed there's a section about this in the OCI companion contents you shared with us, Lisa. The cover does look beautiful.

Way to go Theresa!

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

December 11th, 2015, 2:09 pm #3

Amazon is offering 25% off select books for a limited time, including the Outlander Cookbook. It will be released in June.

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

June 15th, 2016, 2:40 am #4

My copy of the Outlander Kitchen: The Official Outlander Companion Cookbook came in today! :D
The recipes relate to the characters and various meals/beverages mentioned in the books, such as Drunken Mock-Turtle Soup, Brianna's Bridies, Fraser Strawberry Jam, Fiona's Cinnamon Scones, Spaghetti and Meatballs with the Randalls, Cherry Bounce, and even Diana Gabaldon's Cheese Enchiladas. The color photographs are beautiful and the vignettes from the books really make the Outlander kitchen come alive.
I look forward to trying out some of these recipes.:flower:

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

June 15th, 2016, 2:51 am #5

How nice, Lady Jayne! From what I've seen online, it really looks like a beautiful book! I hope you'll tell us about the results of the recipes you try... maybe some pictures too? Enjoy!
"There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books." - Irving Stone

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

June 15th, 2016, 1:19 pm #6

Will do, Lisa SF! I was worried the recipes would be haggis-heavy and such, but they are very versatile and really look delicious. Maybe Nigheandubh and my niece will help me test out some of the desserts. :)

July 10th, 2016, 3:02 pm #7

The recipes look yummy. I might have to get it and I so don't need anymore cookbooks! My husband is such a picky eater due to health concerns!

https://www.buzzfeed.com/sheridanwatson ... qewdvqLpN0
The minister's cat is a camstairy cat.

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

July 10th, 2016, 3:10 pm #8

The cookbook seems to be getting a lot of very positive press. It was featured in Entertainment Weekly this week as well!

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

November 10th, 2016, 9:47 pm #9

Outlander Kitchen has been nominated for a Goodreads Choice Award, and is now a semifinalist! If you're on Goodreads, please show your support for another wonderful Outlander resource!

sassenach
Clan Fraser Veteran
sassenach
Clan Fraser Veteran

November 11th, 2016, 3:17 pm #10

Lisa SF wrote:Outlander Kitchen has been nominated for a Goodreads Choice Award, and is now a semifinalist! If you're on Goodreads, please show your support for another wonderful Outlander resource!

That's wonderful news . Will go off to vote :thumbsup:
"It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach"

“Sassenach." He had called me that from the first; the Gaelic word for outlander, a stranger. An Englishman. First in jest, then in affection.”

My Book Blog

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

November 15th, 2016, 4:22 am #11

Here is the link to the 2016 GoodReads Choice Awards.
Please cast your vote for Outlander Kitchen under Food and Cookbooks. :flower:

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

November 15th, 2016, 2:47 pm #12

Outlander Kitchen made the finals round on Goodreads!

November 20th, 2016, 6:08 pm #13

Has anyone made anything from the cookbook that you would recommend? It looked like a good cookbook, but so far I haven't bought it...I have too many already! Too much food, so little stomach...sigh. ..

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

November 21st, 2016, 1:24 am #14

Zahia wrote:Has anyone made anything from the cookbook that you would recommend? It looked like a good cookbook, but so far I haven't bought it...I have too many already! Too much food, so little stomach...sigh. ..
The Outlander Kitchen cookbook happens to be the OBCs latest giveaway. You can add your name for a chance to win it in the Giveaways thread via this link.

November 21st, 2016, 1:32 am #15

Thanks, Lady Jane! I just put my name in too!