NEWS: Up-to-the-minute BUZZ in Gabaldonia!

*Diana's website *Diana's Blog*
*The Lit Forum (formerly CompuServe Books and Writers Community)
*Diana's YouTube channel
*OBC on Facebook*OBC on Twitter*
*Upcoming Works: Excerpts & Discussion
Rae

November 1st, 2016, 9:22 pm #826

My husband sent home an article that said the very, very last thing we will know at the end of book 10 is Jamie's Ghost. :aargh:

NigheanDubh
Clan Fraser
NigheanDubh
Clan Fraser

November 2nd, 2016, 12:40 am #827

I'm not sure that the series will definitely end with Book 10 as there is that word: "probably." Had she said "definitely," that would be another story.
"'I wish to God,' said Gideon with mild exasperation, 'that you'd talk--just once--in prose like other people.'"
--Game of Kings

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

November 2nd, 2016, 2:09 am #828

NigheanDubh wrote:I'm not sure that the series will definitely end with Book 10 as there is that word: "probably." Had she said "definitely," that would be another story.
:lol: I'd be okay with the series continuing on indefinitely, so I'll pin my hopes on that "probably".
"There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books." - Irving Stone

Just another reader with a blog... check it out here.

November 2nd, 2016, 3:12 am #829

Lisa SF wrote:
NigheanDubh wrote:I'm not sure that the series will definitely end with Book 10 as there is that word: "probably." Had she said "definitely," that would be another story.
:lol: I'd be okay with the series continuing on indefinitely, so I'll pin my hopes on that "probably".
Ooooh, I like that word 'probably' rather than the word 'definitely'. I also will pin my hopes on 'probably'. As long as she continues to write for the world of Outlander, I will be happy. There are books to be written on Jamie's parents, Master Raymond, and...who else? Keep on writing, Diana! :thumbsup:

sassenach
Clan Fraser Veteran
sassenach
Clan Fraser Veteran

November 5th, 2016, 11:22 am #830

:agree: I remember years ago when the UK publishers suggested that after Cross Stitch (Outlander) there would be two more books to make a trilogy ..Herself later clarified that she never said it would be a trilogy, what she said was....there's more" ...

I hope that there is always more from this talented author :bow:
"It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach"

“Sassenach." He had called me that from the first; the Gaelic word for outlander, a stranger. An Englishman. First in jest, then in affection.”

My Book Blog

January 29th, 2018, 7:48 pm #831

I wasn't sure where to put this so I hope lots of people see it.  Today, 1/29/18, I got an email saying the e-book version of The Outlandish Companion (Book 1) is on sale for $2.99 + tax for a limited time.  I'd read it before but hadn't bought it and this was too good a deal to pass up so I just got it.  🙂  It's just the e-book that's on sale, so remember to select that option if you decide to buy the book.

Here is more info about the book and a link to purchase it: The Outlandish Companion #1 on sale
“If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ~ Oscar Wilde
~~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>
Epiphany 2018: Too late, too late, too late; it had happened. ~ The Ringed Castle

NigheanDubh
Clan Fraser
NigheanDubh
Clan Fraser

January 30th, 2018, 1:42 am #832

Thanks for the link LeslieEmrys.  Sounds like a great deal.  
"'I wish to God,' said Gideon with mild exasperation, 'that you'd talk--just once--in prose like other people.'"
--Game of Kings

January 30th, 2018, 6:46 pm #833

Thanks for the head's up, Leslie! It was still on sale today so I bought it. I think I had checked the ebook of both companions out of the library a few months ago, but since I had limited time with them, I just skimmed them!
The minister's cat is a camstairy cat.

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

January 31st, 2018, 12:59 am #834

Thanks for the tip, LeslieEmyrs. I was also able to buy the eBook today. It will be so much easier to search for specific items on my Kindle. 🙂

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

January 31st, 2018, 1:17 am #835

The Companion is such a great resource! If you're so inclined, I found it pretty fun to listen to the audio version as well. You still need a hard copy or Kindle edition for the glossary sections, but Diana does the narration for a lot of the parts about writing process, research methods, etc and it's kind of neat to hear her explaining her own work.
"There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books." - Irving Stone

Just another reader with a blog... check it out here.

April 18th, 2018, 4:04 am #836

In case anyone is interested: Graham McTavish will be at the Phoenix Comic Fest in Phoenix, Arizona, in May.  There is one scheduled Outlander session on Thursday, May 24th so I'm guessing he will probably be at that.  He is also signing autographs.  Here's a link for more info: https://phoenixcomicfest.com/
“If one cannot enjoy reading a book over and over again, there is no use in reading it at all.” ~ Oscar Wilde
~~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>
Epiphany 2018: Too late, too late, too late; it had happened. ~ The Ringed Castle

May 1st, 2018, 2:58 pm #837

I got a message that the e-book version of Lord John and the Brotherhood of the Blade is on sale for a limited time for only $1.99.  Here's a link where you can buy it from various sources: LJG awaits you here!  Since we're doing a group read of the book right now, this is a great deal if you don't already have it.
~~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>