Mother's Day Gift Exchange - sign ups open

Share the holidays with other members.
TwilightTINK
Clan Fraser

April 27th, 2011, 6:33 pm #76

repo and ntc, what a wonderful, lovely gift! Verra Nice indeed.

Well, I mailed mine on Monday. Now I am just hoping I didn't send the flu I have been suffering from along with the package!

If you live anywhere north of Texas (and let's face it, who doesn't), be on the lookout today or tomorrow.

April 27th, 2011, 8:06 pm #77

Hey Tink! I'm just now noticing your new siggie. Verra nice!

OK, new clue for my recipient: It's going all the way East and stops just before the Atlantic!

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

April 27th, 2011, 8:21 pm #78

Mine went out today and is traveling along the East coast.

repoman
Clan Fraser Veteran

April 27th, 2011, 10:59 pm #79

We are still waiting to hear from our other recipient!

Maybe someone was too disappointed in our choices or stilled the card's voices?

Let us hope that the fruit flies did not get lost with that package nor the postal carrier forget his/her rounds whilst eating his/her porridge.

Where, oh where, are you?

NE Mom
Clan Fraser Veteran

April 28th, 2011, 1:39 am #80

Mine is nearly ready for my verra special Mom's Day Outlander friend, I've got a couple more surprises to prepare before it heads - West! :flower:

TwilightTINK
Clan Fraser

April 28th, 2011, 2:05 am #81

Celestem pmed to let me know she got my gift today. I am sure she will post soon!

Laura
Clan Fraser

April 28th, 2011, 2:17 am #82

Really?

Yins guys never heard of batooski? It must be Pittsburghese or sumpin'! *done in da dialact of da 'Burgh* I think because Pittsburgh has a large Polish population *ya know we have Babushka Ladies* it must be a middle/eastern European derivation of buttocks. But, I googled "batooski" and there were no hits and only a few for "battooski". SO ... having already a history of creating words *alas - I cannot take credit for "re-kilt"* I say we adopt batooski as the OBC term for the buttocks *really, who thought that was a good word for a part of the anatomy?* and see how fast we can get it to hit on google.

Has anyone read the book Frindle by Andrew Clements??

Who is up for the Batooski Challenge?????
The Ultimate Guide to Dorothy Dunnett's THE GAME OF KINGS available here.

TwilightTINK
Clan Fraser

April 28th, 2011, 2:23 am #83

I have heard of Batooski - so I knew what you were talking about. I love the idea. Can we make it the substitute word for all versions of butt except but?

April 28th, 2011, 2:29 am #84

TwilightTINK wrote:Can we make it the substitute word for all versions of butt except but?
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I REALLY like how you avoided the "all versions of butt but but"!!!!!! Or, as Laura would say, "all versions of batooski batooski batooski"!!! :lol: (She wouldn't of course, but I liked the sound of it! Everyone who knows their grammar knows it should be "all versions of batooski but but" and now I'm signing off because I'm so tired, I'm going wacko!)

NigheanDubh
Clan Fraser
NigheanDubh
Clan Fraser

April 28th, 2011, 2:47 am #85

I like your version, Laura. Batooski is a most excellent neologism. And yes, I did read Frindle. :D
I mailed my gift out Saturday morning and should have arrived Monday, according to the postal guy.
"'I wish to God,' said Gideon with mild exasperation, 'that you'd talk--just once--in prose like other people.'"
--Game of Kings

April 28th, 2011, 3:02 am #86

I'm up for BATOOSKI!!!
:teehee:

Oh, NE Mom, I'm West! (I feel giddy like a little girl) :bigsmile:
Last edited by Yolie_the_Insomniac on April 28th, 2011, 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

TwilightTINK
Clan Fraser

April 28th, 2011, 3:06 am #87

By the way, if you are pretty positive your gift should have gotten there - you are welcome to pm or email your recipient. Sometimes people get busy (or like me they get sick) and they just may not have had time (or felt like) posting.

And no, my gift hasn't gotten here, I am just saying...

April 28th, 2011, 9:31 am #88

:teehee: My Mother's Day fairy godmother came!!! :teehee:
TwighlightTINK (April) is my secret Mother's Day Fairy! She sent me a most beautiful gift.
I posted elsewhere that I had this interview yesterday. It was stressful on many levels.
After a crazy day, I came home to a box on my front steps...what a happy surprise. It lifted my spirits and reminded me of the fun side of life. I needed it-and TwighlitTINK came through!
The package contained a wooden box and the lid slides off to reveal a place on the inside padded with velveteen fabric. In the lid are panels for pictures...TwighlighTINK put each a picture of Jamie and Claire, then a picture of them both (looks like her new siggie). Wrapped inside were a dark chocolate bar (yummy!), and handmade jewelry that she created. Truly, a work of art! I can't wait to wear these pieces-they are my style. Also, a little keychain that had very interesting beading too. To top it off, there was a handmade card with the words "Je Suis Prest" on one side and the sentiment on the other.
Thank you TwighlightTINK!!!!!!!!!!! You're the best!!!!!!!!!

April 28th, 2011, 5:48 pm #89

Shao!
Handmade crafts! How lovely, Celestem. Thumbs up on the craftsmanship, Tink!

And, I'm actually now off to the postoffice to ship out my gift.

It's a little big, but don't worry, my car has grit. It'll get me there! :lol:

NE Mom
Clan Fraser Veteran

April 28th, 2011, 9:26 pm #90

Lovely, lovely, Tink! You are very talented! How cool that it arrived at the perfect time, to, hope all goes well now that the interview is over, Celeste. Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures of your Mother's Day treat! :flower:

Oh, Yolie, that's quite a muffin! Someone will need to plan a trip to Starbucks for a Venti-sized coffee soon to go with it! (maybe me, I'm east!? :bigsmile:

Don't want to give anything away (or shamelessly beg for hints), but everything except for Boston is west, from here...

*ok, maybe a tiny little hint*