May 2nd, 2011, 1:11 pm #106

jamie'swife - I'm glad that you like your gifts....and that the chocolate bar was a good stress reducer. I love giving gifts. ENJOY!!!!

NigheanDubh
Clan Fraser

May 3rd, 2011, 2:50 am #107

Yolie! I got the gifts and I loooove them.

Folks, I got a Lindt Chile infused chocolate bar. Yolie! How did you know? That is my all time favorite. I had to have a bite. So yummy. Folks, if you haven't tried this chocolate and like it spicy, this is for you. Thank you, Yolie. I am not sharing it and I hid in my bedroom. :bigsmile:

Along with the exquisite chocolate, I also got a CD from LifeScapes called Spanish Café. I teach Spanish and this would be great to play for my classes at some point. I enjoy the LifeScapes CDs. They are so nice to listen to. Lovely.

Yolie, yes, my name refers to my raven black hair. I understand that my paternal grandmother had Spanish background. I guess that's where my very dark hair comes from. So I may have something in common with Roger after all.

Muchas gracias. Mille grazie. Merci beaucoup.
"'I wish to God,' said Gideon with mild exasperation, 'that you'd talk--just once--in prose like other people.'"
--Game of Kings

May 3rd, 2011, 5:13 pm #108

Yay! So glad you liked it, NigheanDubh! And I'm glad that you'll be able to use it in your spanish class. I didn't know that you taught spanish, so it's nice to know that the CD will come in handy. I worked "extensively" on the packaging so that the chocolate bar would arrive intact. I hope it did.

Happy Mother's Day, NigheanDubh! It's been a lot of fun! :flower:

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

May 3rd, 2011, 6:10 pm #109

I received a beautiful set of handmade cards and folder from Jamie's Wife, as well as a delicious Lindt chocolate bar that I am saving for Sunday. You thought of everything, JW, even the stamps for mailing. Thank you! :flower:

TwilightTINK
Clan Fraser

May 3rd, 2011, 7:01 pm #110

I am so glad you are all enjoying the exchange. It is a lot of fun watching the mail to see if anything fun arrives!

May 3rd, 2011, 8:02 pm #111

So, today I go out to my mailbox and guess what's there?!
A card from Not the Claire and Repo wishing me a Happy Mother's Day! They customized the card so that it said my name on the front! There is plaid all over the front with a very cool pendant picture and a picture of a cactus flower on the inside. On the back is the Fraser crest.
I don't know how they did it, but they must have a very cool card maker. I want one!

repoman
Clan Fraser Veteran

May 3rd, 2011, 11:49 pm #112

You are welcome Celestem. Actually, we sent one to everyone that we had an address for (you know who you are). Kim2010 provided a picture of the front (thank you) in her earlier posting. Each was personalized. Thank you for noticing.

Not the claire (Flora) is the card maker, I just supervise the strategy sessions :rotfl: and mail the completed cards. Believe it or not, we had two meetings to design this edition. NTC likes to tease those who ask about the printing, "Can't everyone's printer emboss?" She has three card programs to vary her design selection. She has a number of graphics files. BTW - the pendant on the front and the blossom in the inside are both supposed to be thistle blossoms, symbol of Scotland. She steals shamelessly, but does not profit from them. She uses materials from the stamping craft to add embossing (and other features like fuzzy teddy bears). She sometimes works far into the night on her designs. She also has a rack of special scissors, but thought that a fancy edging would be too much for this occasion. Relatives have become accustomed to her custom cards (we mailed ten on Saturday). That's one reason why she has no time to post on OBC!

(See NTC really is the nicer person. I just hopes that she keeps me!)

May 4th, 2011, 9:41 am #113

Repo, with your wonderful talents as a writer and poet I'm sure she'll keep you!! She's lovely for making such thoughtful cards. I have to say, OBC is the place to be!

TwilightTINK
Clan Fraser

May 4th, 2011, 3:15 pm #114

repo, I have always loved to make cards too. Now that I make jewelry, my card making skills are falling by the wayside so it sounds like NTC, you and I have a potential business opportunity here! Too bad we don't live anywhere near each other. :lol:

NE Mom
Clan Fraser Veteran

May 4th, 2011, 6:25 pm #115

Trying my hand at prose - it won't match Repoman's excellent poems *love 'em all!* but here goes...
Dear Mother's Day friend,
please do not worry -
a quick check on the tracking number says
your delivery'll no longer tarry -
it's out for delivery, this very fine day, *keeping fingers crossed*
hope you like the surprise, that's coming your way!

May 5th, 2011, 4:45 am #116

Hey, everyone! My mother's day friend was NE Mom! Yay!
It was a very nice gift! It was a Vera Bradley money/ID case with the design entitled "English Meadow" which we both thought very appropriate considering Claire's roots. Inside the case were a couple of very yummy Ghirardelli chocolates and a package of Walker's Highland Shortbread cookies (a product of Scotland!) which were just divine. I absolutely love shortbread cookies and these were fantastic! I immediately scarfed those down! Hahaha! And finally, my favorite part of the gift, was a homemade pamphlet of "A Mother's Day Trip to Scotland...In pictures..." A collection of lovely pictures from all around Scotland with fun, personalized captions from NE Mom. I don't know how to explain it and give it proper justice. But, believe me, it is cool! I showed it to my sister and she loved it too!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, NE Mom! The gift was perfect!
Oh, and thank you for the prose.! I read it before I received the package and I was secretly hoping that the poem was for me. Hehehe.

repoman
Clan Fraser Veteran

May 5th, 2011, 1:43 pm #117

Boy, after NE Mom's verse, I was hoping to see a package at my door. :cry:

Well, good for you, Yolie. But, please don't keyboard with your mouth full! Now there are cookie crumbs between the keys and a smudge of chocolate on the screen. Yes, they show up on my computer. :rotfl:

Actually, the pictures sound like the best. Can we coerce you to share? :Melissa:

NE Mom
Clan Fraser Veteran

May 5th, 2011, 9:28 pm #118

Yolie! So happy that your package arrived in time for the big day and that you enjoyed everything - best wishes for a verra fine Mother's Day!

Repoman - I can't see the crumbs on my screen - must be something wrong with my screen, lol. Thank you for inspiring me to write a verse, didn't mean to confuse matters! Maybe we'll draw each other's name in the next exchange? Hope you and NottheClaire have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!

NigheanDubh
Clan Fraser

May 6th, 2011, 1:04 am #119

Yolie_the_Insomniac wrote:Yay! So glad you liked it, NigheanDubh! And I'm glad that you'll be able to use it in your spanish class. I didn't know that you taught spanish, so it's nice to know that the CD will come in handy. I worked "extensively" on the packaging so that the chocolate bar would arrive intact. I hope it did.

Happy Mother's Day, NigheanDubh! It's been a lot of fun! :flower:
Happy Mother's Day, Yolie. :hug: I have certainly enjoyed my gifts. :bigsmile:
My daughter and I are listening to the cd as I'm typing this. The music is so relaxing. She is able to study at the dining room table while I'm posting away.
I love the cd. I highly recommend it.

Thanks so much for the care you took in preparing the package. The chocolate was in beautiful shape. The card was gorgeous. I love Papyrus cards. I felt so special receiving it. :hug:
Stay happy, girl. :<3:
"'I wish to God,' said Gideon with mild exasperation, 'that you'd talk--just once--in prose like other people.'"
--Game of Kings

May 6th, 2011, 3:20 am #120

I have to say (again) that I've enjoyed this exchange immensely. It was super, duper fun! Hahaha! I just have to say it again. Super, Duper Fun! :lol:

Repoman, I'll try to see if I can take a picture of the card. Might be tricky trying to fit it all in, but I'll try. :thinking: