It was LJ's quote, I believewebgirl wrote:I can't remember the exact quote but when Rollo comes into the church with Ian and Hal says something like "Here comes the best man."
So far, this is the funniest book in the series, IMHO. My fav bits are:
1. Claire nursering Hal, especially when she called him Harold, and he was like "Nobody called me like that since I was 3 years old", and Claire was like "Harold, now we are going to change your clothes, wash you and lull you to sleep"
2. LJ was in his prime form, even with the damaged eye. My fav scenes were: "Call me Bert" ( ) and his whole relationship with Germain was so adorable (John with kids, aww ), John singing German songs in the middle of the night, John wanting to kiss Smith's ear in the middle of escaping , John calling Claire "my dear" all the time and switching immediately to Mrs Fraser after Jamie's nasty remark, John saying that he wasn't squirming when Claire was operating on him, and many more...Lord John is a truly priceless man.
3. The scene when Fanny insists William to swear on his father's head and he is like "Which one?"
4. Claire discovering LJ's identity ("Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ!")
5. Mrs. Figg is a comedy gold too, I like especially her reaction to Hal and John polished up appearance in the wedding and the scene when she was regarding Jamie's kilt and when she flushed at the realization Claire answered simply "No, he is not"