GIFT and CARD EXCHANGE: Summer 2014

Share the holidays with other members.

August 26th, 2014, 8:34 pm #16

Oh, I love getting slow mail! Thank you so much, Nighean Dubh. How did you know I love Pablo Neruda? And that's one beautiful translation. And the Native American bookmark will be happy in Moby for the time being, among Jamie, Claire and their family and friends. It'll be the fanciest bookmark around (I generally just stick whatever is handy in my book: a lottery ticket, a piece of yarn, someone's business card. I have to go find that 100 Love Sonnets book now. I got stuck on 20 Love Poems and a Desperate Song.

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

August 26th, 2014, 8:41 pm #17

I'm not saying WHO will be receiving my bookmark & poem... but I will say :oops: (very shamefaced) that I'm very behind and won't be sending it until this weekend.

:sorry:

Life gets in the way of the fun stuff, but I am really excited about sending out a bookmark!
"There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books." - Irving Stone

Just another reader with a blog... check it out here.

Pauline
Clan Fraser

September 11th, 2014, 11:25 am #18

I just received my lovely poem and bookmark exchange - but it did travel a long distance. Not sure how good this pic comes out but the card has a beautiful picture which does remind me of FFTMC.

I wanted to share a part of one from On Friendship by Kahlil Gibran
Your friend is your needs answered. He is your field which you sow with love and reap with thanksgiving. And he is your oard and your fireside. For you come to him with your hunger, and you seek him for peace.
From the second poem The Invitation by Oriah Mountain Dreamer
It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you, from the inside, when all else falls away. I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.

Thanks, Lady Jayne, for organizing this swap. It's one of my favorites!

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

September 11th, 2014, 12:22 pm #19

Beautiful poems, Pauline. Thank you for sharing them and the picture of the goodies you received with the bookmark. :)

sassenach
Clan Fraser Veteran
sassenach
Clan Fraser Veteran

September 12th, 2014, 12:16 pm #20

Glad my post travelled safely to you Pauline and now here's my turn to share what Pauline sent to me...

A quirky book of cat poems and lovely cat bookmark

Also the powerful inaugural poem On the Pulse of the Morning by Maya Angelou

Here on the pulse of this new day
You may have the grace to look up and out
And into your sister's eyes
And into your brother's face,
Your country
And say simply
Very simply
With hope -
Good morning

Thank you :<3:
"It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach"

“Sassenach." He had called me that from the first; the Gaelic word for outlander, a stranger. An Englishman. First in jest, then in affection.”

My Book Blog

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

September 16th, 2014, 2:30 am #21

I received a lovely book of poems from World War I and a bookmark listing the 50 Books to Read Before Your Die from Suec. Thank you, Suec! I also love the card of the Scottish scenery with Highland cows basking in the sea off Duart Castle. See for yourselves.

September 16th, 2014, 2:45 am #22

sassenach wrote: Also the powerful inaugural poem On the Pulse of the Morning by Maya Angelou

Here on the pulse of this new day
You may have the grace to look up and out
And into your sister's eyes
And into your brother's face,
Your country
And say simply
Very simply
With hope -
Good morning

Thank you :<3:
My favorite poem of all time.
Really.

Sorry I missed it.

Suec
Clan Fraser
Suec
Clan Fraser

September 16th, 2014, 8:26 am #23

My beautiful gifts from Lady Jayne.

Showing my age, I remember the last lines of the poem Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening being read unsteadily by an American broadcaster when President Kennedy's body was returned to Washington after his assassination .

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Thanks Lady Jayne.

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

September 16th, 2014, 2:11 pm #24

Thank you to everyone who participated in our bookmark and poetry exchange. :flower:

Stay tuned for details about our upcoming mug exchange for the holidays. :)

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

October 1st, 2014, 2:47 pm #25

A very big THANK YOU to motherofprayer for the wonderful package that arrived this week -- three lovely poems, and a wonderful magnet, bookmark, and postcard. So thoughtful, and the poems are just perfect!

(Sorry, I couldn't get a very good photo today... but trust me, these are all fabulous!)

:thanks:

This has been such a fun exchange! Thank you, Lady Jayne, for organizing it!
"There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books." - Irving Stone

Just another reader with a blog... check it out here.