GIFT AND CARD EXCHANGE: OBC Holiday Exchange 2015

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

November 4th, 2015, 3:43 am #1

WE KNIT YOU A HAPPY HOLIDAY!

JOIN US FOR THE OBC HOLIDAY EXCHANGE 2015

This year’s theme is anything knitted. Hand-knit or machine-knit items are welcome. Here are a few ideas.

If you are interested in participating, please contact Lady Jayne with your name and address as well as the answers to the following questions:

1) What is you favorite color?
2) Are you allergic to any fibers (i.e. wool, cotton, etc.)
3) What do you like to collect?
4) Do you mind shipping overseas?

Please send Lady Jayne an email or private message with your information by November 20th. You will be receiving the name of the person to whom you will be sending a knit gift by November 22. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

November 4th, 2015, 4:31 am #2

What a great idea! I love it.

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

November 4th, 2015, 7:09 am #3

This should be fun!
"There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books." - Irving Stone

Just another reader with a blog... check it out here.

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

November 6th, 2015, 3:22 pm #4

Demetria and Lisa SF, I'm pleased to know you like this gift exchange idea. The more members who participate, the merrier it will be! :flower:

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

November 18th, 2015, 1:50 pm #5

The weather is getting colder and it's the perfect time for warm knit accessories.

Join us for the Outlander Book Club holiday swap!

Check out the details at the beginning of this thread.

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

November 23rd, 2015, 2:11 pm #6

If you would like to participate in our holiday exchange but haven't sent me your information yet, there is still time to do so.

Please send me a private message by the end of the day. :flower:

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

November 30th, 2015, 2:10 pm #7

Thank you to everyone who participated in the OBC's holiday exchange this year. Please feel free to post the gift you receive on this thread for our virtual Secret Santa. :flower:

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

December 9th, 2015, 7:11 am #8

I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Demetria!

:thanks:

After working late today, I got home tired... and found a wonderful package waiting for me, including a beautiful capelet, a novel by Isabel Allende, and a very pretty bookmark. Here are a few pictures:

The capelet:

The book and bookmark (it might be hard to tell from the picture, but the bookmark charms are attached to a long piece of lace that's inside the book):

Me enjoying my holiday treats:

Thank you, Demetria, for the lovely treat from your talented hands!

And a very big thank you to Lady Jayne for organizing the exchange!!!
"There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books." - Irving Stone

December 9th, 2015, 12:27 pm #9

You are welcome. It looks great on you. You might want to wear the collar down to look just like Cait...or not...your choice, of course. Happy Holidays, and thank you again for all you do at the OBC.

December 9th, 2015, 1:16 pm #10

I just had to come back and comment on how much like the girl in the picture you look. Wow, the shape of your eyebrows, your jaw line, your lips, even the color of your hair. Amazing!

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

December 12th, 2015, 2:10 am #11

I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me at home tonight from Lisa SF -- a beautiful, handmade, hunter green scarf, and a thistle keychain knit by an 80-year old granny in Glasgow.

Many thanks for the lovely gifts that will always remind me of the OBC and the great friends I have made here. :hug:

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

December 12th, 2015, 2:55 am #12

Lady Jayne, I'm so glad the package arrived safely! The scarf looks lovely on you. Enjoy!

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

December 21st, 2015, 5:40 pm #13

I ran into an unexpected delay but my gift will be shipping soon. There are 12 Days of Christmas so the package will reach its destination before January 6. :D

December 21st, 2015, 8:10 pm #14

Oh, you're not the only one! Last week was just crazy for me so I'm having trouble getting to the post office. Like you said, there are 12 days to Christmas so it will get there eventually, but I'm having doubts about christmas eve, sorry.
On the other hand, I got mine and liked it quite a bit. My scarf was just perfect.
Da mi basia mille, deinde centum, dein mille altera, dein secunda centum, deinde usque altera mille, deinde centum.

Donne-moi mille baisers, et puis cent, et puis mille autres, puis une seconde fois cent, puis encore mille autres, puis cent.

December 21st, 2015, 9:52 pm #15

That's why I didn't participate! I was afraid I would get busy/lazy/distracted and not get my gift mailed in time. Plus, I live in Florida and as much as I love knitwear, I have very little use for it. I'm enjoying seeing what everyone else is getting, though! :thumbsup:
The minister's cat is a camstairy cat.