December 22nd, 2015, 1:08 pm #16

Not only there arre twelve days of Christmas but they are counted starting on differend days. Don't worry about it. We, or better, I don't mind the wait.

That's too bad Vala. There were ways around that issue. The list of questions Lady Jayne asked would have helped. For example, you could specify the material, like cotton blend, or "nothing to wear." I just finished a pair of leg warmers for a doll :)

Naomi, would you have a picture?

Happy solstice, y'all!

December 24th, 2015, 8:46 pm #17

o
Thank you so much Lady Jayne! Awesome presents. I love the boot cuffs, I'm going to wear them today. I love the knitted pouch, I will use it for mty knitting and crochetting stuff. The hand made soap smells delicious, and can't wait to use it. And the cookies, from Scotland plus they help the SPCA. Wow! Thanks again. And have some wonderful holidays.

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

December 24th, 2015, 11:37 pm #18

Demetria, I'm delighted your package arrived before Christmas. Enjoy! :)

NigheanDubh
Clan Fraser

December 31st, 2015, 2:13 am #19

What beautiful items. Great holiday swap, Lady Jayne.
"'I wish to God,' said Gideon with mild exasperation, 'that you'd talk--just once--in prose like other people.'"
--Game of Kings

Suec
Clan Fraser
Suec
Clan Fraser

January 1st, 2016, 11:38 am #20

I received this lovely snood and beret from Naomi. My grand daughter is modelling them as my winter face is not very photogenic lol!

Many thanks.

January 1st, 2016, 12:06 pm #21

They finally arrived! And I've learned a new word: "snood". I had no idea that type of scarf had its own name!
Wear them in good health Suec.
I guess I should post a photo of my scarf.
Da mi basia mille, deinde centum, dein mille altera, dein secunda centum, deinde usque altera mille, deinde centum.

Donne-moi mille baisers, et puis cent, et puis mille autres, puis une seconde fois cent, puis encore mille autres, puis cent.

sassenach
Clan Fraser Veteran
sassenach
Clan Fraser Veteran

January 1st, 2016, 6:26 pm #22

Lovely photograph and pretty knitwear!
"It has always been forever, for me, Sassenach"

“Sassenach." He had called me that from the first; the Gaelic word for outlander, a stranger. An Englishman. First in jest, then in affection.”

My Book Blog

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

January 5th, 2016, 8:16 pm #23

Suec wrote:I received this lovely snood and beret from Naomi. My grand daughter is modelling them as my winter face is not very photogenic lol!

Many thanks.

What an attractive knit set and lovely model, too. Did you have to bribe your granddaughter with a cookie to get her to pose for the picture? :)

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did with this year's holiday exchange. Thank you for spreading the holiday cheer on the OBC! :clap:
Let me know if you have any ideas for next year's theme.

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

January 5th, 2016, 11:37 pm #24

Thank you for organizing this exchange, Lady Jayne! What a fun idea.
"There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books." - Irving Stone

Just another reader with a blog... check it out here.

Suec
Clan Fraser
Suec
Clan Fraser

January 6th, 2016, 7:53 am #25

I agree, it was good fun and made more exciting by receiving a parcel from abroad.

Lady Jayne, my grand daughter is a lover of hats like me so no bribery required!

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

January 6th, 2016, 3:47 pm #26

Suec, I meant to say that your granddaughter is lovely and makes a perfect model!
"There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books." - Irving Stone

Just another reader with a blog... check it out here.

audiobooklover
Clan Fraser

January 6th, 2016, 4:05 pm #27

Sue - Your granddaughter is lovely! :D

As are all the knitted gifts. Thanks for sharing your pics everyone. :flower:

January 8th, 2016, 6:20 pm #28

So I finally got around to taking a selfie of myself with my christmas scarf. I've actually been wearing it regularly since I like both the colors and the weight. Here I am as I was this morning on my way to work. Unfortunately I have no idea how to get it to turn around right side up on this page. Sorry about that.

Da mi basia mille, deinde centum, dein mille altera, dein secunda centum, deinde usque altera mille, deinde centum.

Donne-moi mille baisers, et puis cent, et puis mille autres, puis une seconde fois cent, puis encore mille autres, puis cent.

May 19th, 2016, 8:34 pm #29

When is the next exchange? I'm aching for some real mail that's not bills :) What about plain picture postcards, or refrigerator magnets of cool places?

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

May 19th, 2016, 8:55 pm #30

Demetria, you must have read our minds. Clan Fraser has been discussing a summer book and recipe swap but postcards or magnets would work, too. Stay posted for more information. :lol: