NigheanDubh
Clan Fraser

11:28 PM - Dec 14, 2017 #16

Corrie!!! So glad it arrived and that it came at a time it could help.  I had fun putting it together.  Enjoy! 
"'I wish to God,' said Gideon with mild exasperation, 'that you'd talk--just once--in prose like other people.'"
--Game of Kings

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

12:19 AM - Dec 15, 2017 #17

It is so much fun to see everyone's holiday exchanges-- almost as fun as receiving your own surprise package in the mail.

I received a lovely calendar and pen cup holder designed by Australian artist Emma Blyth, adorable notecards and a tote with trees printed on it. Thank you, hevva! 😀 I will put everything to good use.

IMG_8141.JPG

2:51 PM - Dec 15, 2017 #18

I'm behind the 8-ball getting mine out but it will get there. 

12:48 AM - Dec 16, 2017 #19

Lady Jayne the 'pen cup' is for keeping your drink can cold...in case there is a Lord Jayne! LOL. A pen cup would work tho!!! ZIt is fun to see everyone's goodies. Heather

NigheanDubh
Clan Fraser

2:50 PM - Dec 16, 2017 #20

Yesterday I received this beautiful calligraphy pen with the ink from Suec.  Thank you, thank you  This gorgeous ensemble came wrapped in Venetian Paper from the shop.  It was so much fun to unwrap. Happy Holidays everyone!

Suec also included a lovely card in which she wrote:
"I can imagine Jamie writing with a pen like this!"  So can I dear Suec.  <3
"'I wish to God,' said Gideon with mild exasperation, 'that you'd talk--just once--in prose like other people.'"
--Game of Kings

Suec
Clan Fraser
Suec
Clan Fraser

7:21 AM - Dec 18, 2017 #21

I am so glad you liked it ND. I spotted it in a shop in Venice and thought it would make an unusual gift and this year's gift exchange proved the ideal opportunity.

3:10 PM - Dec 20, 2017 #22

OBC GIFT.jpg Thank you Zahia!!! I have to tell you I was speechless when I opened the package. All I could say for a minute or two was just "Oh my God!, Wow!" What a lovely gift, I feel so fortunate.

To explain what it is, Zahia took photos from her trip and I think also print photos of famous Outlander scenes with Jamie and Claire and glued them onto blank notecards with an explanation on the back of each one of what it is. There are also envelopes so I can use them to send notes to people. The book in the middle is one of those blank notebooks and there's a pretty pen too.

So, once I got over being stunned I started to wonder what I'd do with the notebook. Back when I was 18-25 I used to love those and I would keep a diary in them, but it's been a long time since I've wanted to write a diary. Then I remembered a promise I made to my daughter that one of these days I would try to write stories or poetry. Back when I was in school people used to tell me I wrote nicely and I used to dream of being a famous author. Then life got in the way and I set that idea aside. I always dreamed of finding time someday to write again. So, let's see how long the idea lasts: I decided that maybe this nice notebook would be a sign that the time has come for me to pick up that pretty pen and try to find inspiration in those pages for my own story.
Da mi basia mille, deinde centum, dein mille altera, dein secunda centum, deinde usque altera mille, deinde centum.

Donne-moi mille baisers, et puis cent, et puis mille autres, puis une seconde fois cent, puis encore mille autres, puis cent.

audiobooklover
Clan Fraser

3:14 PM - Dec 20, 2017 #23

Wow!  That's beautiful and I love that you are taking the notebook as an inspiration to write.  

Thanks to all for sharing your pics.  I'm too disorganized to participate in these exchanges, but I love to see what people send one another.  :-)

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

7:17 PM - Dec 20, 2017 #24

hevva wrote: Lady Jayne the 'pen cup' is for keeping your drink can cold...in case there is a Lord Jayne! LOL. A pen cup would work tho!!! ZIt is fun to see everyone's goodies. Heather
LOL! Thanks for clarifying.
😊

My package is in transit and should arrive at its destination soon, I hope.

Beautiful note cards, Zahia! They are extra special because you took the photographs yourself in Scotland.

Naomi, seize the day! It is wonderful that you have been inspired to write with the OL journal.

ND, the Venetian glass pen is verra lovely.

5:17 AM - Dec 22, 2017 #25

Oooooh, Naomi...I'm so, so glad you already got your gift!!!  When I mailed it last week the post office said it would take 2-4 weeks!!  I had a whole lot of fun putting it together...the hardest part was figuring out which photos to include!  I have over 5000 photos and video of our trip...!  The pen is made from local wood gathered and milled by my brother-in-law in northern British Columbia.  He does such lovely work.  As for the journal, you never know when you'll need/want one, so hopefully this will come in handy for whatever you want to write in it.  I filled an "Outlander" journal in the summer and fall of 2016 during a particularly difficult time for me...and it became my 'Happy Journal'.  🙂
Last edited by Zahia on 5:51 AM - Dec 22, 2017, edited 1 time in total.

5:45 AM - Dec 22, 2017 #26

Lady Jayne, your gift came on Tuesday afternoon and I want to thank you so very much!!!   It came at a time when I needed a pick-me-up, so thank you!  

IMG_9539 - Copy.JPG
The card on the top left is so lovely...the paper has almost a fabric feel to it!  Mr A. Malcolm and his book bag will come in very handy indeed, but I'm afraid I won't be able to part with the postcard...sorry...it will have to remain at my house. 😉  The Reading Journal is a perfect gift, and it too will come in very handy.  I spent quite a while slowly perusing through it, especially the lists in the back.  There are lists of  Pulitzer Prize winners, Man Booker prize winners, the Reader's List, BBC's Top 100 List, and Oprah's Book Club Picks amongst many other lists.  It was fun to see what I had read, which ones I have seen in move or TV form, and which ones I have yet to read...lots of them! 🙂  I had to laugh because I've been trying to read the book Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides for my book club for almost a year and haven't gotten to it yet, and here it was on several lists!  Also on the list under Favourite Romance novels, was...Outlander!  That gave me a good laugh too...poor Diana, still considered romance!  

All of this was very beautifully and festively wrapped by our lovely coordinator, Lady Jayne.  Thank you so much for such a wonderful and thoughtful gift!  

4:52 PM - Dec 22, 2017 #27

I'm so glad you got such a lovely gift too Zahia. I think it's fun the way the gifts aren't a direct exchange. This one apparently went through 4 people. Zahia, one of the things that amazed me was when I saw all the stamps on the parcel. I went through a mail order service for Hevva's gift because I know the French post office is horribly expensive and I was afraid I would pay 3x the cost of the gift in stamps in order to mail it to Australia. That said, I'm not talented with my hands and can't make much aside from dinner occasionally.
I like the pen you sent a lot. It writes nicely. I have been using it for the Outlander journal and am trying to write down ideas for something that I could write, maybe a short story to start with just to get the hang of it.
That fountain pen with ink that ND received looks beautiful by the way and I also quite like the tote bag that Zahia received.

I think that this year's theme inspired all of us to have good ideas. It's been fun seeing everyone's gifts. Sort of a virtual Christmas day, watching everyone open their presents!
Da mi basia mille, deinde centum, dein mille altera, dein secunda centum, deinde usque altera mille, deinde centum.

Donne-moi mille baisers, et puis cent, et puis mille autres, puis une seconde fois cent, puis encore mille autres, puis cent.

7:08 PM - Dec 22, 2017 #28

Naomi wrote: I'm so glad you got such a lovely gift too Zahia. I think it's fun the way the gifts aren't a direct exchange. This one apparently went through 4 people. Zahia, one of the things that amazed me was when I saw all the stamps on the parcel. I went through a mail order service for Hevva's gift because I know the French post office is horribly expensive and I was afraid I would pay 3x the cost of the gift in stamps in order to mail it to Australia. That said, I'm not talented with my hands and can't make much aside from dinner occasionally.

I think that this year's theme inspired all of us to have good ideas. It's been fun seeing everyone's gifts. Sort of a virtual Christmas day, watching everyone open their presents!
I thought you were a very creative & lateral thinker by finding a clever way to use the system Naomi....I can't wait for the New Year to start my voyages!  I am so glad to have shared in  the fun of this... Heather

9:48 PM - Dec 22, 2017 #29

Naomi wrote: I think that this year's theme inspired all of us to have good ideas. It's been fun seeing everyone's gifts. Sort of a virtual Christmas day, watching everyone open their presents!
I was very excited to see the theme, as it's right up my alley!  It's so much fun to see everyone's gifts and there are some great ideas there!  It's very much like a virtual Christmas!  My son went to Venice years ago on a High School Band trip and bought himself a beautiful feather fountain pen and ink, but I don't think he's used it yet.  

Naomi, I was in too much of a panic to even think about a mail order service.  I considered crossing into Washington state to mail it to you and it would have saved a bit, but certainly not time in border lineups.  😊  I'm looking forward to hearing what you've written if you want to share with us.  Happy writing!  

Thanks again, Lady Jayne, for coordinating this fun activity!  🙂

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

9:56 PM - Dec 23, 2017 #30

Zahia, I am happy to know you received your package.

Naomi, the OBC's asynchronous virtual Christmas Day has been fun!