Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

May 23rd, 2015, 3:15 pm #16

Here are the bookmarks with the shrinky dink beads. Aren't they great?

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

May 27th, 2015, 7:37 pm #17

I want to give a great, big THANK YOU to Dani Lass! I received a lovely package today with two books that look amazing: The Day We Met by Rowan Coleman and The Same Sky by Amanda Eyre Ward (along with a very nice note -- people here at OBC are just so awesome!). I'm going to be doing some traveling in the next couple of months and had been wondering which books to bring -- and now I know!

Thank you as well to Lady Jayne for organizing the book swap! It's such fun, and I love having the chance to connect with other OBC members.
"There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books." - Irving Stone

Just another reader with a blog... check it out here.

May 28th, 2015, 12:33 am #18

If I would have known how fun these swaps are I would have participated a long time ago! I hope you enjoy your books Lisa!

May 28th, 2015, 11:57 pm #19

Thank you Pauline! I just received my package with 2 very interesting looking books: City of Dark Magic and City of Lost Dreams. I've not yet read anything from Magnus Flyte and am looking forward to these! I love the the description of a girl working at Prague Castle cataloging Beethoven's manuscripts when chaos breaks out...and of course it includes a "handsome, time-traveling prince" ;) Any chance he has red hair? Hee hee I guess I will have to read to find out!! Thanks so much these sound like they are right up my alley!
Thanks again Pauline! And thank you Lady Jayne for organizing the book swap!
Clara

Pauline
Clan Fraser

June 1st, 2015, 11:52 pm #20

Your welcome, Claire-ah. I think that you'll enjoy them.

I have to thank LisaSF for my wonderful summer reading collection. In case it isn't clear, I have A Hundred Summers by Beatriz Williams and The Art of Hearing Heartbeats by Jan-Philipp Sendker. Here's a visual

Along with everyone else, I thank Lady Jayne for coordinating this project. :thumbsup: :hug:

Lisa SF
Clan Fraser

June 2nd, 2015, 1:57 am #21

You're welcome, Pauline! I hope you enjoy!
"There are no faster or firmer friendships than those formed between people who love the same books." - Irving Stone

Just another reader with a blog... check it out here.

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

June 2nd, 2015, 1:48 pm #22

My book swap is going out in the mail today. Sorry for the delay. I'm happy to read everyone's comments and to know you enjoyed this exchange. :)

June 6th, 2015, 10:22 pm #23

I came home today to find a package waiting for me and I was so excited -I felt like I did as a child opening my Christmas presents! Lady Jayne sent me 2 books that I am very excited to read - The Ship of Brides by JoJo Moyes and Star Gazing by Linda Gillard, along with a beautiful floral paper screen bookmark which my daughter is already eyeing- I'll have to make sure to keep my book with my bookmark well hidden! I love JoJo Moyes and this is one of 2 books of hers I haven't yet read - how did you know Lady Jayne? Now the big decision is which one of my new books to read first? Thank you so very much for making my day Lady Jayne!

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

June 7th, 2015, 3:45 pm #24

Dani lass I am delighted that you have not read either book. I hope you enjoy them. :)

Thank you to everyone who joined the book swap and for making it so much fun! We will have another swap in the fall. :flower: Please let me know if you have any ideas for future swaps.

July 8th, 2015, 2:42 am #25

Just wanted to thank Lady Jayne again for the books. I recently finished reading Star Gazing and I absolutely loved it - such a sweet story! It's so much fun discovering a new author!

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

July 8th, 2015, 3:31 am #26

I'm so glad you liked Star Gazing, dani lass. We have a thread here devoted to Linda Gillard under Other Books We Love where she comments about her characters and inspiration.
Linda Gillard's Books