ECHO: Talk me off the ledge...

May 8th, 2018, 4:53 pm #1

I wasn't sure where to post this because I haven't finished ECHO yet (about 70% through I think) so I'm hoping not to catch spoilers about the rest of the book BUT.. I have two problems:
1. I found out a future spoiler involving Claire and/or LJG (I'm not sure if it happens in ECHO or MOBY so I'm being vague here.. those of you who've read everything will know what I'm talking about I think?? Unless I interpreted the spoiler wrong?? I tried to avert my eyes quickly LOL) and am having a hard time continuing to read while trying to reconcile that in my head (HOW does that even happen?!..but don't tell me cause I haven't actually read it yet) 
2. JEM just went missing with Rob Cameron (presumably through the stones?? but they don't know yet?) and as the mom of a young boy I just can't! I'm freaking out that something bad will happen to Jem. 

I know you guys probably can't help me much cause I said I don't want further spoilers but.. I feel like I needed to talk to someone about this! 

I'm trying to get my sister hooked on Outlander, but she's just starting book 1 so alas I must turn to the OBC for help!
Woman was made of Adam's rib; not made out of his head to rule over him, nor out of his feet to be trampled upon by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be beloved - Matthew Henry

audiobooklover
Clan Fraser

May 8th, 2018, 7:11 pm #2

OK, ShelledInAmber.  I completely understand. When I first read Echo, my children were about 7 and 11, so I get why you're bothered by the situation with Jem.  

The short answer, is, as always, "keep reading".  You have the wonderful advantage of being able to move on to Moby as soon as you finish Echo (which ends with cliffhangers - I hope that's not too spoiler-y), unlike those of us who had to wait years to find out what happened.

FWIW, people around here are still reading and still excitedly anticipating book 9, but that doesn't mean that nothing bad happens to the characters we love.  So, you kind of have to get through some stuff - including some tough stuff - but I think it's worth it.  Hang in there!

May 8th, 2018, 8:18 pm #3

Thank you ABL (may I call you that? I feel like I know you from reading so many old threads on here! ). That was what I needed to hear.. I keep telling myself to just keep reading but it's better when someone else says it 

You are definitely right, I'm so grateful that MOBY is out already and I don't have to wait- I have been there on some other book series and it was TOUGH (and while I loved many of those characters, I wasn't nearly *as* invested in them as I am in J&C et al). My husband marvels daily at how emotionally attached to these characters I am- especially since I told him Scotland is added to the bucket list of travels 
Woman was made of Adam's rib; not made out of his head to rule over him, nor out of his feet to be trampled upon by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be beloved - Matthew Henry

audiobooklover
Clan Fraser

May 8th, 2018, 11:23 pm #4

Yes, of course you can call me ABL.  Lots of people do since my username is so long to write out.  Glad I could help.  And, yes, many of us are rather ridiculously invested in J&C and all.  LOL

May 9th, 2018, 3:22 am #5

Ok, I finished it! Phew... That was alot of action in the last few chapters! Still some unresolved issues (Jem, Roger??) but at least a few things came to somewhat of a conclusion

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

audiobooklover
Clan Fraser

May 9th, 2018, 12:07 pm #6

And, now you can move on to Moby to see what happens on the unresolved issues.  Glad you got through it.  And, I hope Moby is an easier read for you.

May 9th, 2018, 1:59 pm #7

ShelledinAmber, I only recently read Echo & MOBY for the first time. I was also spoiled as to what happened between Claire/LJG but I couldn't imagine *how* it happened... the way it came about still managed to surprise me and so I didn't feel that bad about being spoiled. Then as I neared the end of Echo and saw how few pages were left in my hand, I began to worry... they can't POSSIBLY resolve all these cliffhangers!!!  And of course... they didn't... but yes, I was able to go right on to MOBY, so that was a relief. Enjoy!!!

May 9th, 2018, 2:35 pm #8

Thanks CorrieO! Yes, the whole second half of the book I kept wondering how it was going to happen- similar to DiA when you know she goes back through the stones but can't figure out how the heck it comes to that, haha.

The only other major spoiler I've had in this series was Jamie's marriage to L, what is it with me and weddings?? LOL

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

DLT
Clan Fraser
DLT
Clan Fraser

May 10th, 2018, 1:14 pm #9

Yes, I remember looking at the remaining pages dwindling and wondering how everything would be solved by the end of the book and then being mad at having to wait years for the sequel.

You might enjoy the chapter discussions for Echo as they are very detailed. They helped me to sort out what was going on as the story lines jump around so much.

May 14th, 2018, 1:59 pm #10

I was NOT spoiled for Jamie and L... that was a huge shock!!! In DIA of course I knew she went back through the stones but the story was so good that by the time that part came about I'd almost forgotten it was going to happen. I was a little spoiled in Drums for various things because I was so excited about the book that I kept paging through it... so I knew that J&I hadn't killed Roger outright...  because I saw his name later in the book... then again... what happened with Ian later came as a TOTAL shock to me and I actually cried, something I rarely do with reading.