repoman
Clan Fraser Veteran

November 10th, 2012, 1:21 am #91

Good catch, DLT! We have a thread to discuss these inconsistencies here.

audiobooklover
Clan Fraser

November 10th, 2012, 3:20 pm #92

I've noticed that and it's bugged me too, DLT. Brianna seems to be singularly forgetful about some important details (which I might have said in that inconsistencies thread repoman linked, but I haven't checked).

repoman
Clan Fraser Veteran

January 24th, 2014, 10:16 am #93

The concept of Ian rolling the dice for Rollo and defending to Jamie that he knew what he was doing is interesting in contrast to another scene where Jamie consistently beat him at a game of chance. I think that game is with a coin flip. I don't recall where it happens?

repoman
Clan Fraser Veteran

January 24th, 2014, 3:07 pm #94

Thanks, Jerry. And, since that's in Drums, it's not a spoiler. Very good!

ETA: These posts are out of order since Jerry moved his post to the new thread. Turns out the reference was not in Drums. Thank you for your cooperation, Jerry.

January 25th, 2014, 8:57 am #95

The following post has been moved from a message pertaining to Drums.

repoman: Ian and Jamie flip a coin to see who wins the right to the bed when they're in the Indian village, just before Jamie is accosted by the two Indian girls, in Drums of Autumn.

Per audiobooklover this occurs in ABOSAA. I'd forgotten where it appeared.
Jerry

"Aye, I believe ye, Sassenach. But it would ha' been a good deal easier if you'd only been a witch."

repoman
Clan Fraser Veteran

January 25th, 2014, 5:07 pm #96

Lady Jayne wrote:ABOSAA, Chapter 14 -- People of the Snowbird-- is the scene with the coin toss (p. 94 of the large pb).
Thank you, Lady Jayne!

March 6th, 2014, 10:24 pm #97

I'm on chapter two and in the graveyard wee Ian tells a story about his father in the tollbooth being mistaken for a corpse who died of consumption. Later, we find out that the tollbooth is where he contacted consumption to start with. Also, Bonnet climbs out of the wagon scaring everyone to pieces, thinking Gavin raised from the dead, reminded me of Rodger's eventual near hanging. Thoughts ?

September 4th, 2014, 1:17 am #98

Roger and Brianna were handfasted on September 2, 1769 at Wilmington, colony of North Carolina. (Drums, Chapter 40; Roger disclosed this to Jamie in Drums, Chapter 60.)

Their *temporary* union ended on September 3, 1770, presumably to be married at the Gathering at Mount Helicon in 1770.

October 23rd, 2014, 3:03 am #99

She did not get her tubes tied. In Fiery Cross she and Jamie are having a conversation about Bree and birth control - then they discuss how women are in control of their bodies moreso in Claire and Bree's time. This turns into Claire telling Jamie how she thought about getting the procedure done but decided against it- because she thought it would be unfair to Jamie if she returned to him, as he would have had no say in the matter.

December 24th, 2014, 4:36 pm #100

Don't know if any one has posted about this in the past and this not really a "quote" or a "quip".

I'm doing my first rekilt and am up to "DRUMS OF AUTUMN", Chapter 17, "Home For The Holidays".

Roger and Brianna have an intimate and near sexual moment in the hallway of "the Manse". Roger realizes for the first time that Brianna shares and returns the love that he has for her.'

The naration: "But what he'd felt in that brief moment when her body came alive to his went a great deal farther. The universe had shifted, with a small, decisive click; he could still hear its echo in his bones."

Reference to the tittle of future book of the series.

December 24th, 2014, 8:16 pm #101

I don't remember that, WeeBairn, but I did notice Jamie called his grandchildren, blood of my heart long before Moby.

August 16th, 2016, 4:30 am #102

I did see that reference this time, after reading the book, how many times??? Good catch, WeeBairn!

Changing the topic, when Roger sees Morag again in the colonies, doesn't she recognize him as the one who kissed her on the ship Gloriana, and isn't she angry with him because of that? I can't remember which book it is in, but doesn't that eventually lead to Roger almost getting hung because Buccleigh catches/suspects Roger with Morag? Help, my memory isn't that great, and I'm too impatient to wait till I read it again! :D

August 13th, 2017, 5:20 pm #103

Zahia wrote: I did see that reference this time, after reading the book,  how many times??? Good catch, WeeBairn!  

Changing the topic, when Roger sees Morag again in the colonies, doesn't she recognize him as the one who kissed her on the ship Gloriana, and isn't she angry with him because of that? I can't remember which book it is in, but doesn't that eventually lead to Roger almost getting hung because Buccleigh catches/suspects Roger with Morag? Help, my memory isn't that great, and I'm too impatient to wait till I read it again!  :D
Oh, is THAT who Morag was? Diana introduces so many characters I forget who half of them are! 
I just finished Drums in Autumn today. 

June 20th, 2018, 3:25 pm #104

Something I noticed on re-reading...
From Chapter 7, after the Governor's dinner party, Claire is sitting in her room, contemplating the ruby necklace:

"The ruby still hung at my neck, black as a blood drop against my skin. I touched it, set it swinging gently between my breasts; the stone was warm as my own blood, too."
and a few minutes later
"The stone was warm in my hand; it felt warmer even than my skin, though that must be illusion.

I hadn't noticed it before, but it immediately brought to mind Jem and the "hot" opal in The Fiery Cross!

June 20th, 2018, 11:14 pm #105

CorrieO wrote:
I hadn't noticed it before, but it immediately brought to mind Jem and the "hot" opal in The Fiery Cross!
Good catch! I am about to re-kilt the series and am looking forward to finding fun references like this.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Woman was made of Adam's rib; not made out of his head to rule over him, nor out of his feet to be trampled upon by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected, and near his heart to be beloved - Matthew Henry