Book Mark Swap - sign up open

Share the holidays with other members.

June 28th, 2011, 3:24 pm #61

Yes! Tink Thank you so for organising this!
Love to Live & Live to Love

NE Mom
Clan Fraser Veteran

June 28th, 2011, 3:42 pm #62

Thanks, Tink! This has been fun - and I've now gotten so behind that I will need to deliver mine in person (good thing my recipient is "close by", hint-hint!) ;)

All of the designs and spirit of imagination in these bookmarks is amazing!

June 28th, 2011, 7:55 pm #63

Silver Thistle, I love your gift! That is so sweet you included all things Jamie and the Highlands. :bagpipe:

Way to go Damhnait with your picture and your new Avatar. I may have to follow your lead with the new avatar. :flower:

Celestem, I should have just said this in the beginning, (I hate to admit this), but you can usually count on me to be the last. Yes, it's the 28th and I'm just getting my gift in the mail. :oops!: I shouldn't make such a fuss, but I always do. My wee package is headed across country.

I'll add my thanks to the list, TInk! Thank you for this fun opportunity to connect with the wonderful people at OBC on a new level! :clap:

June 29th, 2011, 3:59 pm #64

Thanks, Tink, for organizing these gift swaps! It is so fun to think of original gifts to send, and what joy to receive a lovely package in the mail (something other than a bill!! :( )

Thank you, Lady Jayne, for your beautiful bookmarks! The Tiffany dragonfly bookmark is exquisite...as soon as I took it out of the package my daughter said "oooh...can I use that one?" :flower: Needless to say, it's mine, not hers, and is already safely tucked in my current book, The Fiery Cross. That it is from the Met is even more special, as that is one of my very favorite places to visit! And a special thanks for the New York bookmark...what a special touch! Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. As soon as I can figure out the whole photo posting thing I'll get a picture up so everyone can admire your lovely gift!

June 29th, 2011, 8:36 pm #65

nina wrote:Celestem, I should have just said this in the beginning, (I hate to admit this), but you can usually count on me to be the last. Yes, it's the 28th and I'm just getting my gift in the mail. :oops!: I shouldn't make such a fuss, but I always do. My wee package is headed across country.
Nahh.. mine went in the mail on the 28th as well. So you're not the only one.
I promised myself I wouldn't check in on this thread until mine was finished and on its way.
I never thought to be creative with my packaging. Whoops.. well, maybe next time!
Fantastic crafting ladies. I should have sent my "real" bookmark along as well- a receipt folded in half, so faded you can no longer see any of the printing that was once on there.

TwilightTINK
Clan Fraser

June 29th, 2011, 9:56 pm #66

Maggie, you are too funny! I am guessing you will have a lovely new bookmark soon!

I love doing these sort of things. It is such a great and inexpensive way to connect with all you terrific members. We have a great family here on the OBC! You are all the reason why. (((big hugs)))

July 1st, 2011, 9:50 am #67

Thanks Tink-you are fantastic! You really do make life in OBC fun!

Laura
Clan Fraser

July 1st, 2011, 2:25 pm #68

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date
No time to say "Hello", "Goodbye"
I'm late, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late
And when I wave, I lose the time I save
My fuzzy ears and whiskers
Took me too much time to shave

I run and then I hop, hop, hop
I wish that I could fly
There's danger if I dare to stop
Aand here's the reason why
You see, I'm overdue, I'm in a rabbit stew
Can't even say "Goodbye", "Hello"
I'm late, I'm late, I'm late.........

I've gone down the rabbit hole with sending my bookmark .... BUT IT'S COMING!

The Ultimate Guide to Dorothy Dunnett's THE GAME OF KINGS available here.

Lady Jayne
Clan Fraser

July 1st, 2011, 3:30 pm #69

It was my pleasure, MollyBeth.

I received a beautiful bookmark, hand-delivered no less, from NE Mom. It is a magnetic bookmark with the sun (Jamie) and moon (Claire) linked together. I will post a picture soon. The best part is that I got to thank my gifter in person. Thank you, NE Mom! :hug:

Thank you, April for organizing the bookmark swap. It has been great fun. :flower:

July 1st, 2011, 10:52 pm #70

Dear Recipient,
Please forgive this flighty brain,
who sent your package with the wrong address.
It came back undeliverable,
Oh, good grief, what a mess!
It's on it's way, I checked it twice,
no more mistakes, actually I checked it thrice.
Dear Recipient,
please fret no longer,
your package will arrive,
no matter *ell or high water.

A second attempt all the way East to..................New York!

Pauline
Clan Fraser

July 2nd, 2011, 12:03 am #71

Thank you, Lady Jayne for the beautiful Met bookmark and the tour that accompanied it. It was so worth the 4 hour ride each way! Can't wait to do it again. :thanks: :thanks: :thanks:

Pauline :hug: :hug: :hug:

TwilightTINK
Clan Fraser

July 2nd, 2011, 1:26 am #72

Don't forget - better late than never!!!

July 2nd, 2011, 4:41 am #73

Yolie_the_Insomniac wrote:Dear Recipient,
Please forgive this flighty brain,
who sent your package with the wrong address.
It came back undeliverable,
Oh, good grief, what a mess!
It's on it's way, I checked it twice,
no more mistakes, actually I checked it thrice.
Dear Recipient,
please fret no longer,
your package will arrive,
no matter *ell or high water.

A second attempt all the way East to..................New York!

I've been sweating that exact scenario! :rotfl: But I know my recipient is on a trip and I won't know if she got it until....later. I'm sure your bookmark is worth the wait! It happens to the best of us. :flower:

July 2nd, 2011, 10:55 am #74

Pauline and Lady Jayne, you ladies are the luckiest! I bet you received a real hug with your bookmarks! :hug:

NE Mom
Clan Fraser Veteran

July 3rd, 2011, 5:32 am #75

Many thanks, Nina, for the beautiful bookmark and bookplate/goodies collection, my neighbor who watched my mail brought it over today ~ your creativity and thoughtfulness is so heartwarming! It was so beautifully wrapped, as well - for some time there all I could do was stare at it as I read the lovely card you wrote. :<3: Thank you so much for everything! :hug:

(will post pictures soon!)

It was so good to see you and deliver your bookmark in person, Jayne! :hug: